Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attemped to write Worship Music to a Trance beat

Had this strange idea in my head for a while to try my hand at writing Worship Music and setting it to Trance. My first time writing a Worship track.

Logistics - I used Nanostudio 2 and internal effects for most everything. AU effects include BarkFilter Tripleband preset on most things except the drums, WOOTT on the basses, and Pro-DS on the vocals. For mastering I used MagicDeathEyeStereo, a gain set so the peak hit around -15dB, BarkFilter Tripleband, and Pro-L2 for the polish.

I used Cubasis 3 to record the main vocals and the "choir" and used Brusfri to clean them up. I didn't tune the "choir" since I wanted it to feel more raw and "authentic", but I did tune the main vocals using the Vocal Tuner effect in Multitrack Studio. Then of course I sectioned the verses from the chorus using NS2's audio editor in Slate and triggered them.

And yeah, the song is a little cheesy. :lol: I just hope it isn't preachy as I wanted it to be more about faith and inspiration rather than "thou shalt do this/shan't do that" stuff. Cheers mates. :)

Comments

• Cool, I’m going to listen! No reason you can’t worship in any style. I do sound at a church in nyc that does classical and jazz services and I love it. Hillsong NYC uses our building for weeknight events sometimes as well and their style is probably known to you. All good, it’s great to have different styles. And my mother is a church organist, I grew up Catholic listening to a pipe organ, singing in choir, playing brass on holidays, playing bass sometimes. No reason trance can’t fit in there either.

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Nice one! Thanks for posting it.

• That's one catchy song, JWM!

• Good energy. You might be able to sell this stuff.

• Dude i love it! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏☝️
    Love the vocal effects. What dod you use to process the vocals as to add that effect i hear? Thanks!

• Wonderful. Nice song. In terms of style, it reminded me more of Eurodance of the 90s, but maybe I'm wrong. The vocal effect is super.

• 🥰 Well this has made my day.

@mrufino1 I never knew that about you mate. :) That's very interesting. I grew up Catholic too, although have since left that religion and am a Faith-based Christian. It kinda sucks that the pandemic has limited church, but so long as I have God, that's all that matters.

@wim @ExAsperis99 Thank you so kindly mates. :)

@LinearLineman For sure. :) Just not sure where yet. I think right now I'm more in a "portfolio-building" state of mind.

@Tones4Christ @Slava I'm not sure which vocals we're talking about, but I'll cover all the bases. For the main vocals, it started off with being recorded in Cubasis 3 (literally yesterday, lol). Then I cleaned them up with a couple instances of Brusfri and exported.

Next, I imported them into Multitrack Studio and used the internal Vocal Tuner plugin to tune them. It's the closest thing to Melodyne we have on iOS, but it's far from being Melodyne. Instead of moving chunks of sliced audio around on a grid, I have to draw in the notes on a twelve-note grid. It works best with vocals under two minutes.

Then, I popped them onto Slate in Nanostudio 2. From there, I processed them as follows...

EQ/Filtering, Compressor, Brusfri (since the compressor brings up the noise floor!), algoverb set to small room with zero percent size and width to 200% in order to naturally widen the vocals without phase issues, a second algoverb set to plate and adjusted to taste, Pro-DS (yes, I put the deesser after the reverb as it gets me the results I want), another EQ, Bark Filter Tripleband, and Limiter.

For the choir, I recorded a four-part harmony in Cubasis 3. The bottom three parts were recorded five takes each, and the topmost part three takes. Each take panned to taste. Then I used Brusfri to clean them up. I didn't use the Vocal Tuner in Multitrack Studio since I wanted the raw pitchiness effect of an actual choir. Then to process them in Nanostudio 2, I used basically the same vocal FX chain, although I did add a couple of EQs after the limiter to further shape the sound.

@Slava I think you're right. It does have a 90s Eurodance vibe to it rather than full-on Trance. I was trying to shoot for a more Paul Van Dyk sound, but upon a couple more listens, I can safely say it sounds like something that came off of 2 Unlimited's "II" album (during the era they had Romy and Marjon as the lead singers, "Wanna Get Up" being the lead single from said album). But I love it. I was a late 90s/early 2000s teen.

• edited August 2020

@jwmmakerofmusic coooool. Got that Communards / Jimmy Somerville vibe also Fine Young Cannibals - Johnny

• @stormbeats said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic coooool. Got that Communards / Jimmy Somerville vibe also Fine Young Cannibals - Johnny

Awesome!! :) Thanks mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Had this strange idea in my head for a while to try my hand at writing Worship Music and setting it to Trance. My first time writing a Worship track.

Logistics - I used Nanostudio 2 and internal effects for most everything. AU effects include BarkFilter Tripleband preset on most things except the drums, WOOTT on the basses, and Pro-DS on the vocals. For mastering I used MagicDeathEyeStereo, a gain set so the peak hit around -15dB, BarkFilter Tripleband, and Pro-L2 for the polish.

I used Cubasis 3 to record the main vocals and the "choir" and used Brusfri to clean them up. I didn't tune the "choir" since I wanted it to feel more raw and "authentic", but I did tune the main vocals using the Vocal Tuner effect in Multitrack Studio. Then of course I sectioned the verses from the chorus using NS2's audio editor in Slate and triggered them.

And yeah, the song is a little cheesy. :lol: I just hope it isn't preachy as I wanted it to be more about faith and inspiration rather than "thou shalt do this/shan't do that" stuff. Cheers mates. :)

I don't mean to sound opportunistic, but I think there is a huge market for music like this going forward, especially if you can figure out how to provide arrangements for bands.