Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 vs. Zenbeats

2»

Comments

• edited August 2020

@Samu said:
    One option here would be to include all samples and sounds when exporting the project for sharing.

Isn't it what Zenbeats does exactly ? 🤔

If, for exemple, you have a drum track using samples (even pre-installed ones) in your song, these samples are also exported as .ogg files. You "just" have to convert them if you want to use them in another app. I often do it as I like the drums editing in Zenbeats and it works like a charm.

• @Gratouilli said:

If, for exemple, you have a drum track using samples (even pre-installed ones) in your song, these samples are also exported as .ogg files. You "just" have to convert them if you want to use them in another app. I often do it as I like the drums editing in Zenbeats and it works like a charm.

Yeah, but as far as I know it's not possible to edit the midi-data of the exported audio stems ;)

I was more referring to 'Full Project Export' that includes the midi-data, arrangement and all the samples and audio-files that are used. Plug-Ins could retain their Plug-In ID so if the user doesn't have them they would at least have a clue which Plug-In was used as well as an option to get it.

As for ZenBeats, the work around when using Plug-Ins that the other users don't have is to freeze plug-in the tracks.
    Freeze is also a work-around when using Plug-Ins on iOS that are not available on the desktop and vice versa.

But if stems are enough then sure, that's a solution that would work.

• @Samu said:
    I was more referring to 'Full Project Export' that includes the midi-data...

Yes... that would be great indeed.

• Although I don't use the bundled instrument samples in Cubasis I find the Microsonic drum kits very good. I use them often.

• Hi, I love ZB clip loop mode but I’m wondering if Cubasis 3 is more apt for final mixing, I only have the demos version and it’s too limited to tell. If you’d help me clarify...

• Can you record audio from one track to another?. You can’t in ZB, the only daw I know can do it is BM3. I find that very helpful to render.
    • Automation is pretty limited in ZB, either you need a hardware controller or the parameters need to be exposed, which often are not. So you can’t automate say Cc 88, or whatever, also the curve automation editor has no values and is sort Of lacking. Auv3 automation looks better in Cubasis 3, you seem to be able to target any cc samp
    • audio editing pretty limited in both right?.
    • any side chain compression in Cubasis?
    • sampler?.ZB is limited to one sample which makes it very limited, almost unusable.
  • edited November 2020

Does ZB not interface with AUM? In Cubasis 2, you can open AUM channels as individual CB tracks, but this uses IAA....

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Does ZB not interface with AUM? In Cubasis 2, you can open AUM channels as individual CB tracks, but this uses IAA....

No, it does not. There's no way to interface other apps or hosts directly into ZB unless they're AUv3 plugins. It would be wonderful if they would implement the AudioBus SDK for Zenbeats.

• Jesus... in Cubasis 3 you cannot midi cc’s with an external controller??

• @Sergiu said:
    Jesus... in Cubasis 3 you cannot midi cc’s with an external controller??

No, but you can cc the transport if you also use Audiobus.