Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum collabs / remixes etc

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

Effectively this is a Collaboration with

@SpiderIceMidas for the sound design (Lagrange Presents)

and

@echoopera for the Drambo randomized sequencing...

then I did my ThumbJam Cello thing all over it.

And there were no ego outbursts or even messages for that matter :^)

• Very nice @McD and collaborators, crumbling my resolve for both thumbjam and the single missing icegear in my possession :)

• @McD said:

and

Lovely! Thanks for the tag. The Cello is wonderful and makes it all very cinematic. 👍

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Lovely! Thanks for the tag.

I respect your art immensely. You make these synths come alive and I'm always inspired
    to make something with your presets. The arps are really effective to jump start a piece for me.

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Lovely! Thanks for the tag.

I respect your art immensely. You make these synths come alive and I'm always inspired
    to make something with your presets. The arps are really effective to jump start a piece for me.

Likewise! Your musical pieces are wonderful. It’s good to be an inspiration to you. Yeah, I always find that an arp is a good place to start for me too.

• McDMcD
    edited August 2020

@Spidericemidas said:
    Yeah, I always find that an arp is a good place to start for me too.

Arps are to presets like gifs are to jpegs. They move. (Insert dancing Groot baby gif).

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Yeah, I always find that an arp is a good place to start for me too.

Arps are to presets like gifs are to jpegs. They move. (Insert dancing Groot baby gif).

Heh! Love Groot.

• You found your perfect partner @McD. The sex must be great.🥳🥱

• @McD said:

and

Dude. This is so beautiful! I love everything about it. Thanks for allowing me to be a small part of it 🙏🏼💕

• Great teamwork/song @McD ! Melancholy and brooding. Makes me want to combine those two tools- thanks for the inspiration. We are so spoiled with gifts from this community .

• Don’t want to exclude my partner in noise // the concept of this thread was spawned by @noob and myself wanting to combine our industrial ideas. Found a likeminded mofo who brings something to the table that I lack. I come back with drums and vox and it mixes into a devastating track. We haven’t even brought this to a linear daw to write anything out so the sonic possibilities haven’t been explored.... yet.

Great to hear that others are achieving this and learning from each other. Keep the machine going! Stay safe everyone

@LinearLineman said:
    Bumping this to promote member collaborations. I wrote this propaganda on another thread...

We all have stuff to teach each other. We can write all we want about mastering, for example, but in a collaboration this aspect can be examined in real time. And equally true for arranging, instrumentation, FX use, etc. And an imbalance in experience is valuable, too. Collaboration can be a very effective form of mentoring.

We go out of our way to help each other with tech advice. I realize many of us here are not necessarily interested in completed tracks, but for those with that goal, I encourage you to read the Collaboration thread begun by @iOSTRAKON. The tools for virtual collaboration are very easy to use it’s educational and, gosh darn, it’s fun!

• edited August 2020

dang too fast B)

• Aye, just uploaded it here

We’ve been passing stuff back and forth a few days now, both trying to learn zenbeats a bit more... for my part, there’s elastic beats tinkly noises, some output from the mozaic sequencer that I’ve nearly finished and some ratty noodling on the guitar, some really lazy beat programming in zen... I’ll probably do more to this over time, mainly filling gaps and building builds type thing but it’s been great passing ideas between us, nice one @noob

• @Krupa yes, it was a typical day when collabing...we all use diff tools heh.. but wtf its for fun and I liked the sonics we did

• Man... tbh..i never use anything else than AUM..

• Me too mostly, it’s interesting, AUM is what’s dragged me back to actually recording/laying down music after a long hiatus which was prompted by me just getting bored with the workflow I’d evolved on desktop fruityloops and logic basically... I’m not sure now how to retain the sheer joy I get just playing stuff out in aum, but start to assemble tracks, maybe it’s just laziness in some ways, definitely feels like work getting stuck into a visual timeline - maybe as it’s what I do all day in animation and film...

• My apologies to Mr. @noob. He is, indeed, a progenitor.

• @Krupa yes exactly the same for me, kinda lost interest until AUM and AB forum heh @LinearLineman

• I just uploaded a fresher mix of @noob and my collaboration, I’m not sure if zenbeats is letting me peak stuff out or not, I was having real trouble controlling the automation and mixer levels just now, and couldn’t even find the track automation... better ears than mine will probably be offended... added some stems of noobs that I missed, and laid in some Mid East drummer, realised it’s not just for guitar practice :)

• @McD said:

and

Love it!

• @Krupa said:
    I just uploaded a fresher mix of @noob and my collaboration, I’m not sure if zenbeats is letting me peak stuff out or not, I was having real trouble controlling the automation and mixer levels just now, and couldn’t even find the track automation... better ears than mine will probably be offended... added some stems of noobs that I missed, and laid in some Mid East drummer, realised it’s not just for guitar practice :)

Fantastic! This is amazing as well. Great job guys!

• @McD said:

😂😂😂

• @LinearLineman and I decided to start a collaboration a few days ago. He wanted me to meet him in this dark alley, behind the laundromat on the corner of 8th and Main to exchange the first track. So I show up, and there he is standing over in the shadow in a long trench coat. He motions for me to come closer. I comply with devious intent; as he reaches into his coat to reveal the contents, I surprise him by grabbing his track and took off running; laughing, all the way home! I could hear him screaming as I ran away “NOOOOOooooooooo!!!!”

/the end

Seriously though, he sent me one of his old school jazzy sounding electric piano tracks as the initial track. Now, my natural reaction to this was to reach for the strings, and I think that’s what he was expecting me to do as well. But that’s been done before, even right here in this thread. Not that strings aren’t a beautiful thing, but I wanted to do something different. Something to make it more 2020.

sEGments!!! Yes! I decided to take some samples of his track, and slice them up into 16 small slices that I could sequence and rearrange. I used Fugue Machine to sequence the slices. Only adding a bass line and drums with Drambo, and a simple trumpet part. Everything else you hear, including the chords and the little stabby/chirp sound is @LinearLineman ’s keys.

I was hoping maybe now, he’d add those strings...

• edited September 2020

@Intrepolicious, now where’s that guitar you were supposed to lay over that? That is certainly what this Twin Peaks of yours needs. Don’t disappoint me now!

Meanwhile here is what I gave him... sort of....

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Intrepolicious, now where’s that guitar you were supposed to lay over that? That is certainly what this Twin Peaks of yours needs. Don’t disappoint me now!

Meanwhile here is what I gave him... sort of....

Still working on that. Trying to decide on a bluesy Fender sound or a higher gain 5150 sound.

Believe it or not, I was cleaning out the gutters on my house today and got stung/bit by something, either a spider or a wasp, right on the tip of my index fret finger. It’s all swollen and sore, so I didn’t do any guitar playing today :(

• @Intrepolicious, damn, what have I told you about staying out of the gutter! Feel better friend.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Intrepolicious, damn, what have I told you about staying out of the gutter! Feel better friend.

Thanks. Did you get that new thing I sent you today?

• @Intrepolicious, yes, I did. I confirmed via email.

• Nice collaboration @LinearLineman @Intrepolicious the thick / heavy vibe has an evocative atmosphere that is nicely cut through by the keys, good work and great to see that @noob and I haven’t killed the thread dead 😆