Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fewer Releases Lately

Is it just me or have there been fewer and fewer releases lately? At first I blamed it on Covid but I was thinking the other day that that doesn’t make much sense. I’d think people would actually get more done since there’s less we can go do. I’ve definitely been far more productive than I was before quarantine.

Comments

• edited July 2020

I have been playing around still with total hobby level stuff but any side gig / corporate escape plans / money dreams have been put on hold for me as I double down on the current career / day job out of fear.

• It seems the opposite to me. Like we've had more releases lately.
    Not gonna do a count though. I'm a fact bitch, but not that much of a fact bitch. :D

• Well "fact bitch," I think what you have noticed is a ton or great new guitar rigs and guitar-based effects of late.

There had been a dearth of new releases in that musical area for quite a spell.

As for the synth, crazy noise, otherworldly effects folk, there has been a bit of new release fade.

Actually, I think they're just envious because us guitar aficionados have been dominating the forum here of late! 🙃

🤘

• I’m embarrassed to say I was thinking a company called Fewer had released an app called Lately.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I’m embarrassed to say I was thinking a company called Fewer had released an app called Lately.

I thought that too 😊

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I’m embarrassed to say I was thinking a company called Fewer had released an app called Lately.

🤣 they made me laugh

• @SimonSomeone said:

Hhh

• Past few weeks have been a bit quiet. So...good time to ask: what app would you like to see released, and by who? I definitely want some kind of killer midi looper that combines Photon and Atom, but also does some other killer stuff that I've never even dreamt of before but will find indispensable once I try it.

• And an AU version of something like Polyphase.

• There's still room for a full featured channel strip on iOS

• Blue Mangoo don’t have something in that line? @gusgranite

• Something new from audio damage inc. [i know they just released phosphor 3]

I’m always looking for something new like most of us around here. However, I have plenty to make 10 albums with. Well, if I actually started writing.

@Gavinski said:
    Past few weeks have been a bit quiet. So...good time to ask: what app would you like to see released, and by who? I definitely want some kind of killer midi looper that combines Photon and Atom, but also does some other killer stuff that I've never even dreamt of before but will find indispensable once I try it.

• AudioDamage do great stuff. Still waiting for Phosphor’s MPE to work though several months on...

• edited July 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Blue Mangoo don’t have something in that line? @gusgranite

Actually, you could probably put together a decent channel strip in NuRack.

• edited July 2020

@SimonSomeone said:

Is it AU?
    Can you do it in Drambo?

• @Gavinski said:
    And an AU version of something like Polyphase.

If I remember right Polyphase is made with Audiokit (?) and dev was waiting for AU implementation.

I agree with OP though, fewer releases lately although I also have plenty to learn with the ones I have.

• I tend to agree but for me it's 'ok' since I try to really hard to cut down on app-spendings...
    ...but I could not keep my hands of Flynth ;) (And Saturn, Nurack, Undulator and...).

Considering all things I'm more worried about the much needed updates to already existing apps!

• @Samu yup, updates to broken / semi-working apps should always be the priority

• I wish iOS developers would come back to more "real" multi-touch apps like ThumbJam, Animoog, Borderlands.
    There are some innovative apps with new ways like Drambo. But also it is not a solution for all (the reverbs are still meh´ f.e.) but they also seems not to have multi-touch workflow as focus.
    Not sure, it might just me but i lost interest more and more in new apps since the old ones are still my favorites.
    I think i could cut all down to 5 apps i still like to use from time to time.
    I know no one wants to hear it anymore but i still think a Logic for iOS would replace all the others anyway for me.
    :)

• edited July 2020

Seems like a cliche thing to say but since Drambo I finally found an app that can do most things as it as hard or accessible as I want it to be. It has very close to hardware level stability and is just a pleasure to use.

Might just have cured me from appoholism, 🤭 I thought I’d never say that.

• @Clueless said:

>

I know no one wants to hear it anymore but i still think a Logic for iOS would replace all the others anyway for me.
    :)

Same here, loving the QuickSampler in Logic Pro X like crazy...
    (Even with the MPC Beats available for free as a plug-in I turn to QuickSampler for most sampling tasks).

As for Reverbs in general, I like the stuff from AudioDamage, Envetinde, FabFilter and ToneBoosters.
    For more 'rough' reverbs the Blamsoft Zero Reverb ticks my liking but for sure...

...I would love to see some Valhalla stuff, even the free ones for starters :)

I tend to use the old trusted apps more as well and 'clean out the slack' as I need to make room for iPadOS14...

• And when will Korg release the Kronos successor I ask?!

• If you mean by fewer releases: Apps

• Well, i do not feel the need for anything special. It is nearly all there and just needs to be used. (Speaking for me, not for everyone)

If you mean music releases:

• There are fewer, might be, but i feel the quality has raised in these fewer releases.
  • So many apps these days...l find it distracts me a lot...and end up doodling and not finishing off pieces...but what the heck....it’s an incredible experience the music app world......
    Surprised more people don’t even know about it.....
    Especially classical purists!

• @supadom said:
    Seems like a cliche thing to say but since Drambo I finally found an app that can do most things as it as hard or accessible as I want it to be. It has very close to hardware level stability and is just a pleasure to use.

Until it becomes an AuV3 host.

• @gusgranite said:
    There's still room for a full featured channel strip on iOS

Indeed! I was waiting forever for a quality channel strip like in Auria -
    And now that I can build my dream channel strip in Drambo, it doesn't matter anymore.

• edited July 2020

@jolico said:

@supadom said:

True, but talking of buying apps. I know that the iOS music scene kinda depends of people buying apps. No business, no development I totally understand that and I hope it continues albeit I’d rather there be universal basic income and people developing purely from a creative standpoint instead of chasing dollar. Albeit god knows how that might work in practice, maybe capital is the ultimate motivator?

At this point I don’t crave any more apps as much as I crave focus and clever utilisation of what’s there on my iPad to convey emotion through music, to focus that energy.

Drambo already has multiout so there’s nothing stopping you from hosting one instance in Aum and routing individual track’s outputs through whatever AU you wish. That’s basically AUV3 hosting with the only difference that you need a host to make it happen but from developer’s point of view I wouldn’t be surprised if he focused on other things at this point in time.

• @jolico said:

@supadom said:

Lmao I was just thinking that... I’m gonna give it a third whirl at that point, I know it’s just fine hosting everything in aum but... I just... don’t... want to lol...

• @IOSSOS said:
    And when will Korg release the Kronos successor I ask?!

Why not a software/hardware version of Kronos, with a nice keyboard, onboard soundcard/DSP and a software that combine this with an iPad that you connect thru USB-C (for using the iPad as a screen/controlbox to Kronos)?

AKAI tested this year ago with a keyboard with iPad slot, but I don’t think that were an big success though... :-(

Korg Inc has the knowledge, but we customer must have the right money... Hmmm...