Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dystopia - distortion suite (7x auv3) - OUT NOW!

OUT NOW!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dystopia/id1524937873?ign-mpt=uo=4

Anthony's homepage:
http://www.anthonydifuria.com/iosapps/

Dystopia is an experimental distortion for sound transfiguration, it is composed of 7 AUv3 plugins:

1 - DyStort is composed of an input low pass filter, distortion type selector, Dist which acts as a quantity of distortion and a output lowpass filter.

2 -DySine consists of a sine wave oscillator as driver, controlled by a LowPass filter of the input signal to be transfigured, Gain IN which acts as driver activator, Frequency controls the oscillator frequency, Gain OUT controls the level of distortion and a lowpass filter at the output resulting signal.

3 -DyFM is composed of a driver formed by a frequency modulated sinosuidal oscillator controlled by a lowpass filter applied to the input signal to be transfigured, GainIN acting as driver activator, FreqDev / FreqMod / Frequency are the parameters of the frequency modulation, GainOUT which controls the level of distortion and a lowpass filter at the output of the resulting signal.

4 -DySelf is a distortion that uses the same input signal as driver, it is controlled by an input lowpass filter, driver mix between SELF and INVERSE, GainOut that controls the amount of distortion and a output lowpass filter.

5 - DyGauss has as driver a Gaussian noise generator controlled by a lowpass filter at the input of the signal to be transfigured, a lowpass filter applied to the generator, a potentiometer for selecting the operation of the driver (Gauss / Inverse), a GainOut that controls the amount of distortion and a output lowpass filter.

6 - DyNoise is composed of a driver formed by a sine wave oscillator in which the frequency is randomly controlled between a min and a max value, a GainOut that controls the amount of distortion and a output lowpass filter.

All plugins have input and output controls with relative meter in RMS or dBFS mode and a second stage with a BandPass filter.

7 - DyStopia is an AudioUnit plugin that contains all the other plugins with the addition of a waterfall matrix in which we can divert the signals of the different distortions.

Comments

• Sounds great! Do you have an estimate when it’ll be released?

• oh yeah baby

• I’m sucker for plugin bundles where one app is like 5 or 10. Ie Rozeta, Midi Tools.

• Anyone dive in yet? That demo is interesting, but it's a bit mysterious.

• I think I’ve recently been wondering if there’s a saturator distortion that makes those sorts of ringing warm sounds...

• @noob - did you get this yet?

@Gavinski - demo please!

• Dark ambient, drone music, dark soundscapes come to mind. Combine it with Blackhole and atmosphere and tapdelay, TTAP, Undolator and and and ... hmm 🤔 buried already my quids for the day for TB Morphit 🙈

Sooner or later I will get this I think

• Delayrium is crazy... fantastic! Getting this.

• Hm are these separate AU's or all in one like KQ Unotone?

• It reads like rozeta - but I am not sure

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    Hm are these separate AU's or all in one like KQ Unotone?

You can either choose the individual AUs or the one called DyStopia appears to be a combination of all of them. I just started messing with it.

• I would have bought this for the fm one alone, pretty nice little app

• verdict:

• really a large palette of distorsions: dirty, runchy, weird
    • great price
    • horrible interface aesthetics but... functional

go for it!

• just grabbed saturn 2 this weekend so i’m on the fence but i love distortion saturation

• From the same developer of Delayrium? I'm in. And coupled with it, weirdness come on in

• I’m intrigued to see what @Gavinski might make of this (if he’s thinking of it at all that is 😈)

It’d be interesting to see a test with an acoustic or recorded sound source rather than a synth as well; I think the YouTube video uses one of the devs own which are already quite out there as sound sources...

• Really interesting but I need some demo sourced by drums please.
    The 2 YouTube demo I have seen is useless for me.

• Man, I feel like having chewed sand for the last 30 minutes.

The various distortions are very much on the digital side. Alessandro Petrolati (Apesoft) gets mentioned on the ‘About’ page so the weirdness cred is solid.

The GUI is a horrid mess. It looks like it’s been designed by the developer’s goth nephew. Seriously, people, red on black is ONLY allowed if your band is called Sisters of Mercy.

• I’m in the same boat with the reservations, even at the price. The description does sound good. I have a ton of distortions though - so I would like to hear them in a variety of scenarios as well. I have bought too many without hearing them first only to be disappointed.

• edited July 2020

What sort of scenarios would u like to hear it on @robosardine? I'm not sure if I will do a vid on this, but curious, in case I do.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Man, I feel like having chewed sand for the last 30 minutes.

The various distortions are very much on the digital side. Alessandro Petrolati (Apesoft) gets mentioned on the ‘About’ page so the weirdness cred is solid.

The GUI is a horrid mess. It looks like it’s been designed by the developer’s goth nephew. Seriously, people, red on black is ONLY allowed if your band is called Sisters of Mercy.

:D

• edited July 2020

@Krupa Just to reply to your earlier comment, I did in fact just put up a vid on this a few mins ago.😜

• Is there any way to buy this without cluttering up my app list in AUM like rozeta does? That's my only reservation

• I read just the thread title and knew @iOSTRAKON and @noob would be all over this :lol:

• I usually have issue with GUI aesthetics but with this is don't mind. The distortions are different than anything else I have used, crunchy, thick and certainly a bit dark. Some of the knob movements are wonky but it's workable. It's certainly not a fabfilter app but it was only $6 and I can see myself using it frequently.

All in all, it's niche but if you want 7 new distortion effects, it's only $6

• edited July 2020

gonna chk @Gavinski before buy this abdominal app horrible or fantastic

• See if it gets the Noob seal of approval. I'm sure you'll be a lot more familiar with what to do with these kind of super distorted sounds than I am. @noob

• edited July 2020

ok watched @Gavinski .. that gui..lmao.. refreshingly bad. sounds fantastic tbh from the demo
    edit; that chaining approach to bake an fx cake looks like tons of fun, good price too.. fk after killing my wallet on fabfilters its nice to go back to the 5$ ish again.
    edit2; the knobs and wierd GUi hard to read? or just go by feel?