Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Cloud Hopping" Reverb + Delay + Echo + more Reverb + Looper

McDMcD
edited July 2020 in Creations

I was reading about guitar pedals and a guitarist recommended running a Reverb into a Delay.

That's what most of the interesting FX products do really... mix reverbs and delays with an optional touch of pitch shifting.

So, I started assembling many reverbs and delays and the Enso Looper to go "Cloud Hopping".

Comments

• Nice, @McD
    Would like to get some more infos on the used modules and the combination(s). I guess these are software (not hardware effects)?

• Listening now. Nice retro vibe here McD, I love doing reverb into delay rather than the standard delay into reverb.

• Great. Really.

• edited July 2020

Really really cool. Love the evolving character of this.
    If I may add two things. Try to play a triad with volume knob down and fade it into the mix to get the attack away, this way it gets more dreamy and droney

And try to roll back the tone knob as well from time to times and use different pickups to conquer the whole frequency spectrum

Just two tips I may add here. Would love to hear the plugins and design as well though 👊🏼🙃

• sounds cool my man!

• Cloudy with a chance of daydreaming. Nice.

• I’ve been recently looking into the specific effects and the order used by some of my favorite bands, and got some great ideas. The “Reverb” YouTube channel and website has some good stuff.

• edited July 2020

Reverb video getting Radiohead tones

Or search YouTube for #PotentPairings they cover several bands and pedals and sounds...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Nice, @McD
    Would like to get some more infos on the used modules and the combination(s). I guess these are software (not hardware effects)?

The "reverb pedal into delay delay" was a bit of a creative prompt. For me this was an AUM assembly project.

I cabled AudioReverb into Kosmonaut "Space" into ToneBoosters Reverb's first "Shimmer"

AudioReverb is traditional
    Kosmonaut adds delays with more reverbs
    ToneBoosters shimmers have long reverbs and slight pitch shifting

The input synth was an iWavestation. I could press a key and wait a bit for the pitch to emerge through the cloud of sound. The ADRS envelope of the source gets smeared into
    a swell. I'll probably repeat this project with some guitar and maybe with a physical volume
    control.

• Another good YouTube series for effects, and effect ideas is by zZ sounds called Legends of Tone
    Here is the 19 video playlist...

• You are Ambient Man.