Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hypertron by Hypertron Audio

13»

Comments

• edited October 2020

@Krupa
    Interesting point. I have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!

• edited February 2021

• Hey there,
    Hypertron V.1.1.2 is out now with cool new features:

• Arpeggiator
    • Automate effects
    • Arrange layout
    • Toggle loops
    • Metronome
    • Banks

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hypertron/id1468266608

• edited February 2021

There's something about this, like some Berlin box of simple, I find good....

• @JohnnyGoodyear thank you. I’m happy to hear that you like it. Greetings from Berlin!

• Great stuff! Just updated as I hadn’t used it in a while. Love the progress and honestly this is really a solid Sampler/Drum Machine.

Would love to see a Probability lane in there!

Good job

• edited February 2021

@Hypertron said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear thank you. I’m happy to hear that you like it. Greetings from Berlin!

That's very odd/miraculous. Didn't actually know you were in Berlin, was talking more about the style/identity somehow :) In other news, we were sitting in the dark in Austin a few nights ago (power outages) and voting which city we've been to in the past five years we'd like to go back to when travel becomes easier again and, yes, Berlin was #1. Killer combination of food and people :)

• @diasporah
    Thank you for your positive feedback! But what's a "Probability lane" ?

@JohnnyGoodyear
    Ha! Yeah, Berlin is a good town even though right now it's probably just like any other city during lockdown.. Can't wait to travel again myself and also come back to America as soon as possible!

• I can’t figure out how to load a sample into a empty pad, maybr you can’t in the free version? I dunno but id like to test it out

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Hypertron said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear thank you. I’m happy to hear that you like it. Greetings from Berlin!

That's very odd/miraculous. Didn't actually know you were in Berlin, was talking more about the style/identity somehow :) In other news, we were sitting in the dark in Austin a few nights ago (power outages) and voting which city we've been to in the past five years we'd like to go back to when travel becomes easier again and, yes, Berlin was #1. Killer combination of food and people :)

I spend 10 days every March in Austin for SXSW and miss it dearly. It’s my favourite US city by miles.

• @Hypertron said:
    Hey there,
    Hypertron V.1.1.2 is out now with cool new features:

• Arpeggiator
    • Automate effects
    • Arrange layout
    • Toggle loops
    • Metronome
    • Banks

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hypertron/id1468266608

i think this app is
    silently getting really powerful. awesome update guys!!

• That’s a epic update right there. Tousand Dank! Or something like that. :)

• That's awesome! Also thank you for your support and feedback, you gave me some really good ideas - There will be more features coming in future updates.

@syrupcore
    Actually it's "Tausend" but I prefer your version ; )

• On the advice of @JohnnyGoodyear, I tried this for the first time this morning, and had a groovy little pattern going within minutes. It's a very friendly UI, and lots to discover. Judging by this thread, a very responsive dev, too. Excellent! I will buy the pro upgrade this afternoon.
    I have a question @Hypertron. Any plans for Elektron-style trig conditions on the step sequencer? It's a great way of making a loop feel alive. Also, is there any microtiming? If it's possible, it would be great to move a single step or series of steps off-grid.
    Fun app - thank you :)

• Let's just say that when it comes to living off-the-grid @iansainsbury likes all of his apps to have compostable toilets.

• edited February 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear thanks for recomming my app!

@iansainsbury
    Thank you! I did think of implementing an offset / millisecond delay for every track but having that for every step would be much cooler indeed, I agree. Lets see what the future holds : )

• @Hypertron said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear thanks for recomming my app!

@iansainsbury
    Thank you! I did think of implementing an offset / millisecond delay for every track but having that for every step would be much cooler indeed, I agree. Lets see what the future holds : )

Whoop!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Let's just say that when it comes to living off-the-grid @iansainsbury likes all of his apps to have compostable toilets.

Guess you could describe microtiming as being between two stools.
    I'll get my coat.

• Are the pads meant to trigger samples?

• @Ailerom hi there, not yet but I have just implemented that feature. It will roll out with the next update

• Nice one, thanks for letting me know.

• Hi everyone. I’m a complete newbie to this world. Am a guitarist and want to try to implement synth sounds into my rock projects. Just bought the app.
    Many questions coming. For now; tried to export a loop i made to myself on whatsapp. The only thing that gets sent is a logo. How do you export projects via sms for example?

• edited April 26

Hi @Baraldi,

To start recording, click on the record button at the top right corner. A new window will appear. Enter a filename into the input field and click on the confirmation button at the top right of the window (checkbox icon). Now, you should be able to record your loop for a while. When you're finished, click on the record button again.

A new window should pop up, allowing you to directly share the track via AirDrop, Messages, or other apps. If you want to keep a copy for yourself first and be able to access it later, simply click on "Save to Files" and then choose the desired target destination for your file. You can access this file at any time via your iOS Files app.

I hope that works for you.

• Many many thanks. This is really fun. Can’t believe i discover this now. Been doing music for 40 years. Guitar based ok, but one should have explored this way earlier.

• Same. No sound. In whatsapp for example.

• There are options before sharing. What should i check? I’ve tried several combinations. Nothing works.
    Also. Once you’re satisfied with the loop and you want to import it into logic for example, how does that work?

• @Baraldi said:
    Many many thanks. This is really fun. Can’t believe i discover this now. Been doing music for 40 years. Guitar based ok, but one should have explored this way earlier.

@Baraldi
    I'm happy to hear that!

@Baraldi said:
    There are options before sharing. What should i check? I’ve tried several combinations. Nothing works.

Hypertron operates somewhat differently in this regard compared to traditional DAWs because it doesn't render the loop offline. Instead, it requires you to press the play button ( which is next to record button ) and perform the track after you start recording. In this way, it functions more like a tape recorder, with the additional option to record not just the master bus but also individual tracks in real time. There is a setting for changing the number of recording tracks / pads in the PRO version.

There is also an option to 'TRIM' the audio after recording, which should theoretically make it easier to position the stems in a DAW like Logic Pro later on. Additionally there is a traditional 'NORMALIZE' function.

If you want to compress everything into one file, use the ZIP option.

Finally, enabling the 'BUS AS M4A' checkbox will export the master bus stereo audio file in M4A format.

FYI: In the current Hypertron version, the duration of the recording is limited, and the length of time depends on your device model.

@Baraldi said:
    Also. Once you’re satisfied with the loop and you want to import it into logic for example, how does that work?

If you want to use the stems inside Logic Pro on a Mac, try to transfer the audio files from your device via iOS Files app, using AirDrop to your Mac, and then drag them into your Logic Pro project.

I haven’t used Logic Pro on an iPad yet, but I imagine the Logic Pro app handles file imports on its own.

Additionally, it is worth noting that Hypertron currently does not support MIDI export, but it does export stereo stems in real time, as mentioned above.

I hope this clarifies things a bit!