Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I got it, but secretly I was hoping it was a Fiddle app...

• Just ran it with BS16 violin font via Audioshare IAA slots doesn't really do much meant for a live instrument.

• is Rome burning?

• I understood that comment, LOL

From what I can tell the violin wasn't invented for another 1500 years after he died so....

• I have another good news - it seems the Audiobus integration is much more easy than I expected (also compare to the IAA:), so I changed my roadmap and next version will support the Audiobus if everything goes well.

• Awww fiddlestix...I want a fiddle : ( but neat app otherwise

• Nice.. @interkalator is it going to support the AB fx slot as well?

• @Frank - yes, the fx slot will be supported as well.

• With this app in the fx slot, it could be used for a great many different instruments. Thanks

• Few weeks late, but I just found this app from a different post. Even though I have well over a dozen input and output apps that pop up in AudioBus, this is actually the first time I ever tried an app in the "Effects" slot of AudioBus.

How do people use this? The app page says something about not recommending that it be used as a general reverb or something, but I was playing with briefly using different instruments in ThumbJam and synths, and the parametric EQ and reverb seem like they could be used effectively for a lot of applications.

• Not what the disclaimer means. It just means that longer Impulse Response tails (such as get used for reverb) would exceed the design spec of this app. It's designed for body resonance.

• @PaulB said:

Not what the disclaimer means. It just means that longer Impulse Response tails (such as get used for reverb) would exceed the design spec of this app. It's designed for body resonance.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Well, I thought it was a decent reverb (for free, anyway), and even having a free master parametric EQ was kind of nice.

• It is nice. My personal view is if you like the sound of something, use it. Even if it's not how it was originally intended...