Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yamaha Modx vs Gospel Musicians FM Tines

If you have a Modx is the FM Tines library worth getting? I know the Modx has most of the DX7 sounds, the Motif sounds, and more. I wasn't sure if the FM Tines is just DX7 sounds or if there is Roland, Korg, sounds etc:. If anyone has this library and knows any feedback would be great. Just want to make sure I'm not getting a library that I already have most of the sounds.

Comments

• bit apples and oranges there. Modx is real synthesis , while FM tines is a sample based instrument. they’re great samples, no doubt , just bread and butter sounds mostly - I’d imagine Modx has you covered in spades—plus you’ll obviously have far more tweakability on the Yamaha and can always download other presets for it.

• @Eschatone said:
    bit apples and oranges there. Modx is real synthesis , while FM tines is a sample based instrument. they’re great samples, no doubt , just bread and butter sounds mostly - I’d imagine Modx has you covered in spades—plus you’ll obviously have far more tweakability on the Yamaha and can always download other presets for it.

Do you know if the FM tines is all dx7 samples or is there other sampled synths or electric pianos? Because I have just about all of the dx7, Motif, and cs 80 presets etc:.

• edited July 2020

"Update" I found out I was listening to the UVI desktop version of the FM Tines which is a larger library. I'm interested in the ios ipad version. I think I have 99% of those sounds with the Modx. If you don't have a Modx or Montage I would say it is well worth getting.

• I went ahead and picked up the Fm Tines. I emailed Gospel Musicians and they said the desktop and ios are the same except less samples for the standard ios version. But you can upgrade to the full samples to make it just like the desktop. I will upgrade to the full samples the next time. It does sound awesome.