Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are there any Audio editor ( player) with drag and drop function ?

Hi there fellow iPad musicians.
Does anyone know of an audio editor (player) with its own volume control, which also has drag and drop function?
With sEGments, I feel my work flow with Cubasis 3 is way faster, only issue is that while producing with headphones on, if my DAWs master volume is lower than the iPads overall volume, it really hits hard on the ears while preview samples to drag and drop.
Would be handy if there is an audio player similar to AudioShare but with option to drag and drop samples into other apps.

Comments

• Yeah, this is a tough/annoying one. Some apps (NS2, eg) offer a separate "sample preview" volume in the settings. I don't think there's any app that you might load in the iOS sidebar that 1) manages samples and 2) allows for independent-of-the-machine volume settings and 3) supports drag and drop.

• Auditor may fill this gap, but as I’m stuck on iOS 12 haven’t been able to test.

• Readdle's Documents will do it, if you can make do with slide-over, and not AU. And it doesn't have a separate volume control. But it is pretty good for previewing.

• @syrupcore said:
    Yeah, this is a tough/annoying one. Some apps (NS2, eg) offer a separate "sample preview" volume in the settings. I don't think there's any app that you might load in the iOS sidebar that 1) manages samples and 2) allows for independent-of-the-machine volume settings and 3) supports drag and drop.

@MadGav said:
    Auditor may fill this gap, but as I’m stuck on iOS 12 haven’t been able to test.

@mistercharlie said:
    Readdle's Documents will do it, if you can make do with slide-over, and not AU. And it doesn't have a separate volume control. But it is pretty good for previewing.

That’s the issue.all these apps lack one thing or the other.Audioshare would be perfect, it only lacks drag and drop.
    Documents from Readdle lacks volume control and also when you have samples in a folder, if you tap on one, it will automatically play the rest of the samples, I did suggest to the developers if they could add volume control and ability to manually preview samples almost a year ago, it still no luck.

• What about just using Segments as a file player, not as a sampler?

• @mistercharlie said:
    What about just using Segments as a file player, not as a sampler?

Unfortunately that’s not possible.it’s a full screen app and not multi window. Plus it would be long because you’d have to tap on import, import the sample then tap on play and you can’t drag from the app but only to.
    Apps like AudioShare and Documents are both multi window app.so for example while working In Cuabsis, you can slide AudioShare(Or Documents) to the side as a small window and preview samples.
    But like mentioned above, Documents not volume and sounds Of the same keep playing If you tap on one.
    And AudioShare no drag and drop.
    there seems to be no win win situation on ios 😂

• Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted a file-playing Audio Unit. :smile: