Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample Packs a big no no in real hip hop /house culture.Try Dig in the crates people be original

18910111214»

Comments

• edited June 2020

Yeah dude, I totally get it. I know a fair amount about the history. And I know that there are a vast amount of people over the years who had the creativity and vision to make some great music but lacked the resources. Not everyone can go buy vinyl and a record player to sample themselves. But they have a hand-me-down iPhone and WiFi so they get free loops and sample packs, throw them in GarageBand and make something that sounds good.

Hating on people that don’t do things “the right way” is the epitome of what hip-hop is and has always been against. You get shit done. You do what you need to do to get by.

• Sampling came out of people not having the knowledge and money to produce the sounds they wanted. Samplepacks and loops are the next logical step there.

• edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2020

@DukeWonder said:
    Yeah dude, I totally get it. I know a fair amount about the history. And I know that there are a vast amount of people over the years who had the creativity and vision to make some great music but lacked the resources. Not everyone can go buy vinyl and a record player to sample themselves. But they have a hand-me-down iPhone and WiFi so they get free loops and sample packs, throw them in GarageBand and make something that sounds good.

Hating on people that don’t do things “the right way” is the epitome of what hip-hop is and has always been against. You get shit done. You do what you need to do to get by.

@DukeWonder i never once said just sample vinyl. Thats why this thread has gone for so long in a circle. The fact that we have youtube etc. I mean even now have a plugin Tube Au to sample within a DAW yet people are to damn lazy to stick to the tradition even if they can not afford old vinyl which is not true. Tapes etc too You want something or to be part of something stick to the tradition that first made it something in the first place. Just like other music forms which I have big respect for. Just respect the architects and leave those sweeties & bubble gums out of it. Call it whatever SAMPLE in itself was born from the hip hop culture. PACK well thats for the pack of whatevers. Done.

• What we gonna have next “hey ipad siri hit pad 8 for me “

• edited June 2020

@DukeWonder pele&marodoner as youngsters never had or could afford a football they used oranges. Hip hop artists from the early days could not afford musical instruments. They used turntables. Genius. Art.

• @Max23 said:

>

Nothing new happened in the last 20 years ;)

Music doesn’t seem to have evolved much for forty years; just production techniques. But everything is new, every moment.

• @stormbeats said:
    @DukeWonder pele&marodoner as youngsters never had or could afford a football they used oranges. Hip hop artists from the early days could not afford musical instruments. They used turntables. Genius. Art.

I know who Pele is but marodoner? Was he the second best footballer after liono Jesse
    😂

• @CracklePot said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Jonny8 said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr No matter how competent they are, there is no context that they could recontextualize in a meaningful way. What is the context of the sound material contained in an app like chompler? Who made it and why was it made? How can the user relate to the material on a personal level?

I think with regard to the first two questions, not many people care about that. Wrt the last, I relate to sounds. My reaction to the sound is what makes it personal, not the way I obtained it.

If we followed this logic all the way down, we’d expect guitarists to build their own guitars, and grow the trees they use to build the guitars.

Nah, they would just argue about guitars, pickups, strings, picks, pedals, cables, amps, tubes, speakers,...
    Oh, wait.
    They already do that.
    😊

You aren’t wrong lol

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@hovannesk said:
    There is no point in creating original material if the song never gets done, which is what happens to most producers.

Sure there is. That's like saying there's no point in playing a guitar on your back porch unless you publish a song. ;)
    (but I know that wasn't your main point.)

• @ecamburn said:
    But is it ok to use sample packs @pedro ? Sorry could not resist.

Lol, for the record, sure it is. I don’t care how people make music, provided I have a good time listening to it

• Can’t deny this thread’s entertaining value, though

• @CracklePot said:

@pedro said:
    Maybe if you guys channeled some of this rage into actually making music... just a thought

Ok boomer.
    🤣

I’m generation X, whatever that means... now get off my lawn

• All my music is carefully crafted from mint condition samples forcibly removed from their natural habitat.. fight me irl

• Why even bother sampling?
    Just switch on the radio 📻

Seriously though, we need the Ableton sampler on iOS.
    I love throwing in an entire track and using a small piece as a loop/one-shot/oscillator.
    No need for a sample library. Just a collection of your favorite music.
    In lossless format of course.

• All I’m gonna say on the subject is if you really want to be ‘original’ then resample yourself and your own jams/licks/tunes. However, being creative, visionary or talented is an entirely different matter irrelevant to sample packs and crate digging.

• ‘ Tell the truth, James Brown was old
    'Til Eric and Ra came out with "I Got Soul"
    Rap brings back old R&B
    And if we would not, people could've forgot’

Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz

• @Jonny8 said:
    @TheDubbyLabby when you are participating in an already ongoing discussion, please don't tell people to not react to the points you have made. And please don't say that you will not care about people's reactions to your posts. It's rude and also quite pointless.

I just read until this. Get what you want, reject what else. It was maybe rude so that's why I made the second post but I just don't care anymore about this or that... there are other things in life and I will not lose my lifetime with what for me is nosense. That's it but not want to offend anybody, just I don't care about forum blabla. As I said "do your best as example" and that's what I'm going to keep doing.

Sorry about the others posts (I don't care about positive or negative reaction) I'm definitely burn out about certain things and my opinion is there. Roots are history and should be studied but never an excuse to set rules to new generations (read again about RIP remix manifesto). Respect for sure, mind jails never...

Anyways, just saying bye people. Lot's of great memories here, etc...

Stay safe. Find Love.

David

• edited June 2020

@gusgranite said:
    ‘ Tell the truth, James Brown was old
    'Til Eric and Ra came out with "I Got Soul"
    Rap brings back old R&B
    And if we would not, people could've forgot’

Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz

@gusgranite yesss big tune by Stets. They had the live band. I saw them live in the 80s

• @pedro said:

@CracklePot said:

@pedro said:
    Maybe if you guys channeled some of this rage into actually making music... just a thought

Ok boomer.
    🤣

@pedro

• edited June 2020

@stormbeats said:

@pedro said:

@CracklePot said:

@pedro said:

Ok boomer.
    🤣

@pedro

Just cause I’m old doesn’t mean I listen to old people’s music. I mean I do, sometimes, but I never could figure people that keep on listening to whatever was playing during their highschool years. I actually love when a new genre comes up (saddly it’s been a while though, names keep changing but not much substance... just sub genres of the same thing. Probably because it has to do with technical advances, and those increasingly harder)

Btw the stones are way before my time

• It is all in the hands of the music creator.

Having said that, I've just heard a sample I've used in the past in one of the app reviews on YT and I have to say it did bother me to hear it. It was a bit as if some of my creative soul leaked out. Can't quite put my finger on it.

The good thing is that granular on samples pretty much destroys the original beyond recognition and beyond so maybe hiphop should use more granular? ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maradoomer approves

• edited July 2020

Blue Mangoo’s Tube AU is an AUv3 that directly opens YouTube in any host app for sampling.

Otherwise, you can screen record any web page audio, load the video file to Audiostretch by Cognosonic, then extract/export the audio as your sample.

@Samflash3 made a shortcut that extracts audio from video as well.

@ehehehe said:
    Crate digging is fun, prefabricated loops are not. Samples are okay unless you are a millionaire. Now, anyone know of an app that can sample all internal sounds going through my ipad, for sampling off of youtube or my national broadcasters +30 years of online archives? Would be great.

• I know this thread is done to death... I mean why would anyone keep posting in it... 😀

But I’ve just watched this and I just want to share it here as it is one of the dopest and most heartfelt scratch routines to a musician and to the art of digging in the crates and sampling in hip hop. So no more comment from me on the thread discussion. Just a cool thing to share.

RIP Kenny

• @gusgranite
    I have been watching a bunch of this channel.
    Mind blowing skills on display.