Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thumbjam into jam up not working

I'm trying to put jam up pro effects onto thumbjam electric guitars.
Effects cut in and out as I change notes...are applied for a second and then drop off.have tried with jamup in effects slot and output slot.
Using ipad2 and 6.0
Frame rate@512
Anyone else having this issue?
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Comments

• No need to apologize. Have you tried rebooting your iPad to make sure there's nothing going on in the background first?

• Seb,thanks
    Have done that and also tried with 'ultra low latency' setting in jamup.
    Have a feeling it too much for an ipad2??

• Seems to deal with single notes ok.
    But if you try any kind of Santana business,it wobbles,leans to one side and keels over.
    Have tried it with just an amp and no effects also...a big fat nah.

• Just did a uninstall/install of both tj and jamup..same issue.
    Tj works fine with echo pad and live fx.

• I just tested TJ and JamUp on an iPad2 and everything seems to work great, no matter how much I thrash in TJ. It works both with 512 and 256 frame buffer set from AB. Is there any patch or preset you are using in JamUp that could be causing it? Any custom preset you're using in TJ? What happens when you run another source app in the input slot going through JamUp?

• Jesse,thanks.
    I was using the Anderson and electric guitars.singles notes worked fine,but as soon as I tried any kind of rift/run,things got glitchie/effect would drop off and even change from one preset to another.
    I tried multiple variations and switched off some of the tj midi output options.
    I tried ipolysix and animoog into jam up.
    Both were fine.
    Tj was perfect with live fx and echo pad.

• Please make sure to close all music apps on your ipad (or reboot it), then start audiobus, then start the rest of your apps. Don't try to set any "ultra low latency" settings in any apps. Let Audiobus handle that.

This might actually be the cause of the glitches you're experiencing.

• @commonstookie, which app's presets were changing on their own?

• hitting a note in tj would cause jam up preset changes.

• Seb,I went back to default settings each time.would close apps.turn ipad off and start again.

• Seb,have mailed you a video.
    Jesse,will try an do the same for you.
    Thanks,both of you.

• Somehow a new preset is being loaded in JamUp every time you play a note, which makes no sense, because JamUp should only respond to program change messages. Either way, go into the TJ Midi settings and be sure that Voice Output is disabled for all output connections. I assume you don't have a MidiBridge running with a note->PC filter going, which is the only explanation I can think of!

• Jesse,thanks
    Glad the video made sense and I agree...
    Makes no sense.
    No midi bridge or other filters running.

• Jesse,
    Did as you said...switched all midi ouputs off and worked fine.
    Then turned them on one by one.
    The jt 'send pan' seems to be the one causing the trouble.
    With that turned off and all other midi out options turned on I'm having none of the problems from earlier

• Is that the newest version of JamUp? I know they've fixed some MIDI stuff in the latest update.

• Morning Seb,
    Yes it is.
    I did 2 uninstall/install on ab/tj and jam up xt pro.
    Is working ok now.
    ...re bm2....today?...really?
    I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

• ...as long as the 'send pan' is switched off...
    Ps...I'd like to have Seb's and Jesse's babies.