Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An iPad musician's dream came true: Digitone and Digitakt are now class compliant audio interfaces !

13»

Comments

• edited June 2020

@auxmux said:
    @syrupcore Man, I wish Obsidian was an AU, then, I'd be all over this. Or if NS2 got audio tracks and Ableton Link Start and Stop. ☹️

So say we all, brother, so say we all.

What I try to remind myself: a DX7 ain't AU either but I'd still be happy to own and use one.

• @stellare_modular thanks for letting us know !

• edited July 2020

Elektron fixed the audio class compliant issue ! will try tonight ...

both digitakt and digitone

• Awesome, it seems to be fixed ! Running smoothly for 1 hour now with Midi Clock Receive ! :)

• shall we remember this first of july 😎

• i’ve been playing all night. no problem whatsoever.... goody

• @mlau said:
    Elektron fixed the audio class compliant issue ! will try tonight ...

both digitakt and digitone

Where’d you see this? Not seeing it on Elektronauts.

• @slicetwo indeed 😎 and it works tight so far

• Got the digitone working fine but the digitakt continues to elude me. Shows up in aum but somehow the audio flow w aum effects not finding its way back into digitakt??

• edited July 2020

• For anyone using the Digitone and Digitakt on IOS please be aware and do not install IOS 14. When connected you get random CPU spikes resulting big audio drop outs and it only happens when this device is connected. So be warned for when IOS 14 comes out ;)

I reported it to Elektron.

• thanks for heads up :+1:

btw i don't have plans to update to iOS14 anytime soon after i hear about lot of bugs and nalfunctioning apps in beta versions - looks like 14 is again one of those "break everything" versions...

• @dendy iOS 14 is still in beta, so of course there are bugs. fwiw, it’s been more stable and much smoother than iOS 13 for me. It seems like a stability release, nothing like the nightmare of iOS 13.

• edited September 2021

Howdy folks,

Have the recent firmware updates improved using the Digitone as a class-compliant USB audio + MIDI interface with your iPad?

And any idea if the Digitone Keys remains the only option for a 'small' traditional keyboard synth groovebox with class-compliant USB audio + MIDI? (48kHz only?)
    Edit-And Novation X-Station, Xiosynth, M-Audio Venom, Yamaha MX49,

Thanks!

• Came across this Digitone Jam recently and had to share. Some fantastic sounds coming out of it here. That Bass!

Miles also has some great Digitone tutorials on his channel. Worth checking out if you're at all interested in the Digitone: