Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that you wish exist in hardware world

I was considering that everyone wants some hardware stuff being transposed into the software world, but for example: would you buy the hardware version of your favorite app if it exists?
I think it will be great if exist AUFX Dub and Space as guitar pedals, or Wow, or Turnado as multifx etc.
And yes, I really want that desktop synth everytime I open sunrizer!

Comments

• Sunrizer desktop synth=Roland JP-8080 (keyboard version is the JP-8000)

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jp8080.php

I'd also assume that the recent Strymon pedals (Timeline, Big Sky, etc.), or the older Eventide equivalent (ie Timefactor), would get the same quality of the AUFX Dub and Space apps, in a hardware equivalent. The Strymon Big Sky is actually a thing of wonder with a guitar...

This thread is funny, 'cause at first I was thinking I'd be able to come up with loads of apps I'd want ported to hardware...then I realized that the touchscreen function is exactly why I don't really care about such a port being done. The first time I controlled a hardware synth with Gestrument, for instance, I actually ran around the house in pure ecstatic joy.

• edited March 2014

Sunrizer has way more features than a JP.The biggest difference:Sunrizer has two Multimode filters,the Roland just one. @topic:addictive synth

• IMini, Boom 808, Korg iMS 20 ... :-D

• SoundPrism Pro! Man, it's my goto "midikeyboard", i use it all the time! Both with other apps on my iphone / ipad but also with my mac and various daws!
    But i don't use the wireless midi much, i got me a 30pin midiadapter for the iphone / ipad, too much sticky and missing notes and stuff with network midi.

• I actually couldn't think of anything. The iPad/iPhone is hardware. Not really different from any other digital music hardware other than the specialized audio connectors on most music hardware and a sweet ass touch screen OS on the iPad/phone.

You can stick aufx space on your pedal board. Get a looper/bypass pedal or that irig stomp thing, buy a used iPod touch and a reasonable interface and you're in a similar price range as the nicer digital pedals. If you want knobs, add a controller!

If I ever played my guitar in front of other people regularly again, that's what I'd do anyway. :) I have a korg nanokontrol that I'd use to control aufx space, aufx dub and Echopad on my phone running Audiobus. 8 sliders/8 knobs would be plenty more than I'd get controlling three discreet guitar pedals!

• edited March 2014

I thought about this too, started imagining, came up with one, dismissed it, came up with another, dismissed it, and so on, and then realized I was quite happy with the iPad versions already - as others have commented and don't need another hardware version. As @syrupcore said - the iDevices are hardware... :-)

• I know that an iPad is hardware, maybe better than a classic hardware stuff, and i think it will became better year after year, but sometimes I think that it's nice having "real objects" even if actually I prefer playing (and I'm only playing) music with my ipad for many reasons: weight, space, portability and obviously the touch screen (and maybe audiobus).
    And yes, many cheap apps can kick in the ass many hardware stuff. :)

• Seems like an obvious one from me but hardware version of Impaktor with built in looper and 6 pads triggering 6 separate programmable drum synth modules, mmmm. It will never happen.

• edited March 2014

Actually another one that I wouldn't mind would be loopy, so I could sync it up to impaktor and have a mic, guitar and ipad hooked to the input. Well, that won't happen either so....damn, thanks for ruining my mood.

• That's pretty funny @supadom - we're on the exact same wavelength. Loopy was my first thought too but getting all that magic to work on hardware would likely be a nightmare (for the developer and the user). Though people still seem to love that Superlative box (for a grand, I should hope so!) Even that largely requires external controllers.

And... I had a dream a few months ago (awake!) (ok, maybe a little high) of getting 5 iPod touches to run 5 instances of impaktor. That thing is magic.

Speaking of impaktor and magic, and loopy and the tonight show I would love to see what ?uestlove could do with a pair of iPads: one running impaktor, one running loopy.

• I thought AudioBus as hardware. Then I looked up and saw my patch bay.