Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

||OT|| black out Tuesday

Anyone else joining this? I posted and deleted something else earlier today but this struck a chord.

Comments

• Wow, looks like Jordan Rudess’ post was removed ????

• I will too. I'm tired of the injustice against People of Colour in the US. Big George (Floyd) was the type of person everybody who met him instantly liked. He was arrested for some b.s. reason (over buying cigarettes with a counterfeit $20 bill George probably didn't even realise was counterfeit?) and then murdered in cold blood.

(For those who aren't in the know. https://www.cnet.com/news/blackout-tuesday-to-protest-george-floyds-death-music-industry-will-pause/ )

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Wow, looks like Jordan Rudess’ post was removed ????

Did you manage to screencap it mate?

• Can somebody actually show me something good or useful that is coming from this industry blackout ?
    The show must be paused, hows about the show must start giving back to poor and broken communities, some millionaire artist taking a day off, or Spotify having 8 minutes of silence in playlists does nothing whatsoever.
    There is going to be a reek of #metoo about this in no time at all, lets make a show to shut people up, a couple of scapegoats, and no real change throughout a completely corrupt industry.

Here's an idea for the industry that is so interested in helping, lets have this months profits from Apple Music and Spotify and use those to fund redevelopment projects in poor black communities around the world, then lets have another couple of huge entities that have absolutely pillaged those cultures for years do the same next month, and lets keep going with that for a couple of years, then, and only then will we be talking about the industry doing anything useful.

• @Turntablist said:
    Can somebody actually show me something good or useful that is coming from this industry blackout ?
    The show must be paused, hows about the show must start giving back to poor and broken communities, some millionaire artist taking a day off, or Spotify having 8 minutes of silence in playlists does nothing whatsoever.
    There is going to be a reek of #metoo about this in no time at all, lets make a show to shut people up, a couple of scapegoats, and no real change throughout a completely corrupt industry.

Here's an idea for the industry that is so interested in helping, lets have this months profits from Apple Music and Spotify and use those to fund redevelopment projects in poor black communities around the world, then lets have another couple of huge entities that have absolutely pillaged those cultures for years do the same next month, and lets keep going with that for a couple of years, then, and only then will we be talking about the industry doing anything useful.

For a start, it would be good to see those guilty of George’s murder brought to trial along with those complicit, that also looks like the policing policy too, that wasn’t changed.

The alternative, do nothing, see nothing, say nothing, change nothing.

• edited June 2020

I live, in hope, that someday, love will set us all free. Rest In Peace, George.

• The whole world witnessed George’s (1st degree) murder on TV. The whole world has also witnessed how abhorrently the administration has reacted.

Apple Music have a Beats 1 radio station in place of their usual streaming service playing music that is appropriate to the message.

At least the music industry is doing something and encouraging us all to “listen together”.

However small, It’s a hell of a lot more than the administration are doing. At least they’re not inciting violence.

Doing nothing would have been worse.

• I didn’t but I did message him to see if he was silenced.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I will too. I'm tired of the injustice against People of Colour in the US. Big George (Floyd) was the type of person everybody who met him instantly liked. He was arrested for some b.s. reason (over buying cigarettes with a counterfeit $20 bill George probably didn't even realise was counterfeit?) and then murdered in cold blood.

(For those who aren't in the know. https://www.cnet.com/news/blackout-tuesday-to-protest-george-floyds-death-music-industry-will-pause/ )

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Wow, looks like Jordan Rudess’ post was removed ????

Did you manage to screencap it mate?

I hear ya, however, this about as peaceful as a “protest” can get. With all the chaos going on right now, I welcome this form as a moment of silence for George and the others that fell victim to police brutality.

@Turntablist said:
    Can somebody actually show me something good or useful that is coming from this industry blackout ?

• @reasonstudios: #BlackoutTuesday

We will be making a donation to the Equal Justice Initiative @eji_org.

• I saw a headline yesterday about this and was going to start a thread, but after digging in a little more I realized it was nothing more than lip service to protect the music industry’s profits, no different than the NFL’s bullshit statement. Fuck greed, fuck racism, and fuck “peaceful protests”. Fifty years of peaceful hasn’t changed much of anything.

• solidarity

even when it might feel like a small thing, or even altogether inconsequential, I think these small actions can help tip the scale toward something better. Even if some jump on the bandwagon simply out of the need to signal virtues, it can spread an important message.

I'm far from a hopeful optimist, but I do believe that change doesn't happen by sitting idly by.

Black lives matter!

• @palms said:
    solidarity

even when it might feel like a small thing, or even altogether inconsequential, I think these small actions can help tip the scale toward something better. Even if some jump on the bandwagon simply out of the need to signal virtues, it can spread an important message.

I'm far from a hopeful optimist, but I do believe that change doesn't happen by sitting idly by.

Black lives matter!

+1

• @Turntablist said:

What have you got against #metoo?

• I was just reading some of the topical news items on my social media newsfeeds; it's horrifying to read the overtly racist views expressed in the comments section below some of these posts, and Facebook still allows users to get away with this? I've spent quite a bit of time reporting racism, homophobia etc on the dreaded FB... with some success at getting posts removed. It's hard to keep up with it though...

• edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    pfff
    a lot of hot air
    people outside of this filter bubble wont notice.
    Tuesday after Whitsuntide during the pandemic ppl wont notice today

we are just swinging each other balls. meh. :|
    so we tell each other how concerned we are and that was that

Unfortunately that is probably true... but therein lies the road to apathy...

• @rcf said:
    I was just reading some of the topical news items on my social media newsfeeds; it's horrifying to read the overtly racist views expressed in the comments section below some of these posts, and Facebook still allows users to get away with this? I've spent quite a bit of time reporting racism, homophobia etc on the dreaded FB... with some success at getting posts removed. It's hard to keep up with it though...

While I get that Facebook is trying to keep a balance and allowing people to have a voice, their criteria for what is acceptable and what is not really suck. During the run up to the 2012 US elections I reported someone for posting a drawing of Obama as an Uncle Tom/monkey hybrid with something borderline racist written below it, and was told it was within their terms of service.

• rcfrcf
    edited June 2020

@michael_m said:
    During the run up to the 2012 US elections I reported someone for posting a drawing of Obama as an Uncle Tom/monkey hybrid with something borderline racist written below it, and was told it was within their terms of service.

That is disgraceful...

I've just read a report that FB are censoring some of the 'Black Lives Matter' material under the pretext that they are just addressing Covid19 misinformation? Will have to fact check that though... :(

• @michael_m said:

While I get that Facebook is trying to keep a balance and allowing people to have a voice, ...

They just want to keep a balance sheet.

They not only turn a blind eye to election interference and the propagation of lies and consipracy theories, they actively enable it.

Zuckerberg’s statements about Tump’s incitement’s to violence are disgustingly complicit.

• @klownshed said:

@michael_m said:

While I get that Facebook is trying to keep a balance and allowing people to have a voice, ...

They not only turn a blind eye to election interference and the propagation of lies and consipracy theories, they actively enable it.

Zuckerberg’s statements about Tump’s incitement’s to violence are disgustingly complicit.

Cambridge analytica still ring a bell?

• @denx said:

@klownshed said:

@michael_m said:

Cambridge analytica still ring a bell?

My wife deleted her Facebook account after that. I keep mine to monitor my dojo's Facebook page from time to time, but rarely go there for any other reason.

• edited June 2020

• @echoopera Status quo sought by some is a hierarchy that give some whatever they want, deferring the cost to others, while denying others what they need.

It works for capitalism and racism. One of which is often built on the other.

“Conservatism” might be another name for “status quo”

Anyway MHO
    Back to music-ing

• Nothing will change but it is a right thing at least to try.
    The murder of Floyd is only the point of the iceberg that we can see but in USA a lot of people are angry for the constant state of discrimination and segregation.
    We can not turn our gaze.

• Something needs to change, but it will never get better with a racist egomaniac at the helm.

• @klownshed said:
    Vote.

+1

Voter apathy is probably the number one reason that things go backwards rather than forwards.

• @klownshed said:
    Vote.

Give us candidates to vote for. If you think Biden and company are anything but a different side of the same coin you are kidding yourselves. I live in the banana republic of Alabama. Burning it to the ground and starting from scratch seems like the only way to get change, but then again I’m an old radical anarchist wannabe.