Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Substantia (mac)

Didn't know if any of you folk had seen this but it is just way cool.

Comments

• @kinkujin said:

Yeah, there was a thread recently on here. A couple of their other apps are good too - very tempting.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

Yeah, there was a thread recently on here. A couple of their other apps are good too - very tempting.

Oops didn't see those other posts.
    Very reasonably priced. I just love the fact that you can interact with the software like this.

• @kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

Oops didn't see those other posts.
    Very reasonably priced. I just love the fact that you can interact with the software like this.

Yeah I’m really tempted by Gleetchdrone and lab.

• This is one of the few desktop apps I have, I love it.

• @Gavinski said:
    This is one of the few desktop apps I have, I love it.

Do you do the contact mic trick? I to am very tempted.

• I haven't but I would definitely like to. Maybe worth experimenting with feeding a line into it from an acoustic guitar with a decent piezo pickup and then drumming on the body of the guitar, if you have one, because that's already a good contact mic right there.

• A Roland electronic drum pad is perfect for this kind of application. Been using one with Impaktor for years.
    I do plan on getting this app soon- looks really interesting.

• @Gavinski said:
    This is one of the few desktop apps I have, I love it.

Have you got any of their other apps?

• Hey monzo, no... Though they look great, and I did download the demo of one, though the name escapes me. The problem is for me that I am very invested in ios, not desktop, and I rarely use any of the desktop stuff I have, including substantia, as much as I like it. So I doubt that I will. His stuff is hundred percent up my street though. @MonzoPro

• @Gavinski said:
    Hey monzo, no... Though they look great, and I did download the demo of one, though the name escapes me. The problem is for me that I am very invested in ios, not desktop, and I rarely use any of the desktop stuff I have, including substantia, as much as I like it. So I doubt that I will. His stuff is hundred percent up my street though. @MonzoPro

Yeah, mine too. I might treat myself in a couple of weeks to one of his apps. I'm the opposite - I'm more desktop orientated now so his aps would get a lot of use here.

• Substantia is a genius piece of work. Sounds really excellent. Sadly only standalone.
    I would prefer it maybe over Chromaphone 2 if it was an AU.