Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which ipad daw can record audio in multiple takes ?

i know garageband does it but i find the interface pretty slow to work with, i own auria pro but if i record on top of an already recorded region i just get a new region on top.

i find it useful to do a part 2-3 times sometimes to get the best out of it, it’s especially useful when composing and you just feel like improvising and end up keeping the beginning of one take with the end of another, pretty good too if you want to punch in a part (correct a mistake) that involves multiple mics.

i’m talking strictly audio here, but would be interested to know if such an option exists with midi as well, thank you.

Comments

• Here’s a workaround in Cubasis that should work for Auria or other DAWs as well.

• @soulgolem Zenbeats does this for both audio and midi..... you can have a loop and record multiple takes into it and then you can choose what one you want to keep.

• A very fast way to do it is this:

Audio: Record each take to a new loop in Loopy HD and conveniently choose which take to listen to after recording. MIDI control makes it a very useful clip recorder.

MIDI: Record all your playing into one long pattern in Genome MIDI and use the "live loop section" feature to preview any area in a loop by just touching it with two fingers (one for the start point, one for the end point). I cannot think of a faster way to audition takes.