Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 on apple music app

Hi.
This is my first post but i have been reading and learning for a while.

I have just got TB Morphit and realised i would love to listen to my music through this app, but also thought it would be handy to be able to play apple music through any AUv3 app for quick experimentation.

Dose anyone know of a way to do this

Many thanks.

Comments

• This is another way to use Morphit on other audio:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tube-au/id1471493593

Listen to your favorite tunes from YouTube, inside AUM, through Morphit.

• Apple Music as AUV3 could lead to stealing music. Imagine start to play a song in Cubasis channel with Apple Music as an AUV3 insert, and record it as audio. Instant ripping. Apple would never allow that.

• The best option is to use 2 devices and cable them together. Play the source on an iPhone/iPod/iPod into an iPhone/iPod/iPad and use the AUv3 processing on the receiving device. At various points in time Apple, MS and
    lots of video equipment vendors has implemented ways to detect "protected" media from duplication.

What you want would also allow for unimpeded digital copying. 2 Devices use a Digital-to-Analog conversion on the way out and an Analog to Digital conversion on the way in. HDMI Video was implemented to detect protected media and using it for making copies was blocked.

Hopefully, Apple will stop protecting content owners and allow users to do something as simple as EQ an audio stream to improve enjoyment of the experience. Imagine an audio amp without Treble and Bass knobs...
    that's where we're at because digital copies allow for lossless copying and the loss of revenue for the media
    companies. So, they are looking for protected content on YouTube and shutting down "abuses".

Slowly, the focus will shift to getting paid for simplifications of the media storage management and easy, reliable access to the digital assets of the world. I pay for Apple Music and Spotify is also gaining traction to
    help shift the paradigm but the content creators are frustrated with the new royalty rates as they continue to drop per "listen" and are open to easy cloning. What you want would make that the next insult to the folks that
    got rich from a Platinum Album and few years ago and now need to tour constantly to pay the bills.

• edited May 2020

Thanks for the reply's.
    Thats all very true. I had not considered the implications of opening up apple music to all other AU apps.
    There are plenty of apps that have access to the music library on the device , but i guess they dont then link to other apps that can record new copies of that content.
    I guess ToneBoosters could add this to the app themselves.

• @Brendon said:
    I guess ToneBoosters could add this to the app themselves.

Developers have to submit their product to apple for a review and approval process.

I was surprised to see Apple let the Tube AU app slip past but there's always this "screw you" tension
    between the big competitors Google (YouTube), Amazon (Video) and Microsoft. So, stealing assets from Google or maybe giving Google grief with the big media companies is OK. Google might have given Apple
    confidence that they police content like Apple polices capabilities in the 3rd party products.

Again... we just want to EQ our audio. Apple Music has a basic EQ feature embedded in the design
    but nothing like we have on our iPads for spectrum control.

Anyway... cable 2 devices together and go crazy breaking the rules. Or loop back the ins/outs on an audio interface with audio cables.

• edited August 2022

Is there now, besides AUM, a media player app that allows an AUv3 insert for e.g. TB Morphit?
    The headphone correction by Morphit is amazingly good and I would like to use it for general music listening with the iPad.

It works great in AUM. However, selecting songs via the file player is very tedious and listening through an entire album is not possible.

By the way, the link from jolico is not working in Germany

• @Iskander said:
    Is there now, besides AUM, a media player app that allows an AUv3 insert for e.g. TB Morphit?
    The headphone correction by Morphit is amazingly good and I would like to use it for general music listening with the iPad.

It works great in AUM. However, selecting songs via the file player is very tedious and listening through an entire album is not possible.

By the way, the link from jolico is not working in Germany

Check out the AUMediaPlayer by Dotec.

• Thank you @uncledave. Definitely an app that can incorporate AUv3.

Currently you can only play single songs and you have to select the next one manually. A folder or album playback option would be great here.

Unfortunately, the AUv3 slots are emptied when you exit the app and you have to re-select the AUv3 plugins every time you start the app.
    Since we all usually have a lot of AUv3 plugins and a search function is not implemented, the resetting is very annoying.

I have written to the developers and made appropriate suggestions, e.g.

"Is it not possible to save the image of the AU-slots and restore it at the next start?".

"It would be nice, when AUMediaPlayer could play complete folders (from documents) with song-skip-function forward-backward."

• edited February 23

Bumping this because the idea also occurred to me, and then also the limitations. However, while it’s not as common as listening to music on a mobile device, you can do it on a Mac with any audio source using something like SoundSource, which routes audio and hosts Audio Units as effectively a kind of replacement for the system volume control in the menu bar.