Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Talk me into buying future drummer or GR-16 or Elastic Beats

For some of you that know my chaotic industrial style. Which app will compliment my workflow or do I even need them? I mostly use Digistix and Axon.

I already have drambo for anyone that suggests it ;)

Comments

• I also use the Bram Bos drum apps frequently

• Just do it all in Drambo mate. You have the holy grail of iOS apps. 🤪👊🏼™️

• Damn you @echoopera ! Damn youuuuu shakes fist

@echoopera said:
    Just do it all in Drambo mate. You have the holy grail of iOS apps. 🤪👊🏼™️

• If you wait some multiple of 6 months you might catch Future Drummer on sale.

GR-16 sounds awesome but Poisson 202 or the TR-303 clone are easier to drive.

So, that leaves Elastic Beats... let me know how it works out. I don't own it.

This is why I don't work for Suicide Hot Lines. "Could you try and reach me from the other side? No biggie but I'll relay messages if you want others to heed any warnings."

• I appreciate your honesty. I’m thinking future drummer since you can humanize the drums

@McD said:
    If you wait some multiple of 6 months you might catch Future Drummer on sale.

GR-16 sounds awesome but Poisson 202 or the TR-303 clone are easier to drive.

So, that leaves Elastic Beats... let me know how it works out. I don't own it.

This is why I don't work for Suicide Hot Lines. "Could you try and reach me from the other side? No biggie but I'll relay messages if you want others to heed any warnings."

• Yo @noob - you have any of these apps?

• edited May 2020

I think you'd enjoy Elastic Drums.

Especially if you had a knobby midi controller like the Novation Launch Control XL to go nuts with. Great combo.

ED has a special 'same controller for all instruments' mode, so you can map all the available parameters just once and then selecting one of the 6 tracks makes it the target for the controller. I wish more apps did this.

Like I said...Great combo!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    For some of you that know my chaotic industrial style. Which app will compliment my workflow or do I even need them? I mostly use Digistix and Axon.

One of the synth engines of ElasticDrums is called Merz. This should answer your question.

• I have Elastic Drums and GR-16 and I never really enjoyed using ED, unlike many others here.
    GR-16 is so much more straightforward to use for my taste, and the slicing, synthesis, effect and sequencer features including visual editing of p-locks made me stop using ED completely. I'm not at all saying it's bad, I just have no fun using it.

• edited May 2020

Fractal Bits. That is all...
    Also, I'm only here until Tuesday, hence the repeat posts (before I focus on my Social Media)

• SeekBeats might also be worth a look.

• It’s kinda retarded but whenever I open GR-16 I end up dancing with one hand on the ipad the other one in the air, put your hands up in the air, put your hands up in the air!

• Personally I didn't really click with Future Drummer, it's like a drum machine for people that don't want the faff of programming drum machines, fair enough but not for me. GR-16, yeah it's OK (sorry). ED I don't know. A few instances of Ruismaker Noir and some choice FX, Glitchcore, Bit Maestro, Crushstation. Oh yes. Really though, you've got Drambo. I'm always curious what other stuff does but at this point I can see any other groovebox being opened once or twice then forgotten about.

• I’m more inclined to recommend elastic than gr16. I have both but have never got on with grooverider, it seems really backwards to me in that it tries so hard to be like old hardware rather than an app, whereas elastic is designed beautifully to work with a touchscreen. It may not be as deep or feature rich as gr16, but from my perspective at least you can quickly get to the features that are there.

To be fair, I used hardware a little in the nineties but never really got on with all the menu diving and secret codes/tricks to do things,I’m probably too visual and lazy, so that colours my view heavily.

• I'd say Drambo would be more useful long term. But it's not quite there yet to replace gr-16 entirely

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'd say Drambo would be more useful long term. But it's not quite there yet to replace gr-16 entirely

Yeah my problem with drambo is that the features are there, but I just don’t find myself having much fun using it, however that might change if I resigned to using it purely as a synth sound module to record elsewhere. Far as sequencing in drambo goes, I never get that far.

GR-16 let’s you pretty much go from 0-60 immediately all at once, plug and play consistency. But it does lack in the sound design department compared to drambo. But I also have more fun with it. Discernment and balance required I guess.

• @db909 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'd say Drambo would be more useful long term. But it's not quite there yet to replace gr-16 entirely

Yeah my problem with drambo is that the features are there, but I just don’t find myself having much fun using it, however that might change if I resigned to using it purely as a synth sound module to record elsewhere. Far as sequencing in drambo goes, I never get that far.

GR-16 let’s you pretty much go from 0-60 immediately all at once, plug and play consistency. But it does lack in the sound design department compared to drambo. But I also have more fun with it. Discernment and balance required I guess.

I have both. And I agree with you on Gr-16 being more immediate. But for me I wish both apps smashed together somehow. Both have feature I wish the other had.

• @iOSTRAKON : fwiw, I find the FutureDrummer demo grooves I’ve heard on YouTube uninspiring. Check them out to see if they float your boat.

GR-16 is a fun app capable of great songs. Some folks don’t click with its workflow. It is in many ways a Korg Electribe.

I don’t have Elastic Drums but a lot of people I respect rave about it being good at what it does and letting them create unique sounds and rhythms. A lot of app designers speak of it as being a best-in-class sort of app from design and uniqueness perspective. It is on my list of apps to get. Check out vids.

I suspect if you check out vids , one or the other of these will speak to you more than the others. Hard to predict which one.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Damn you @echoopera ! Damn youuuuu shakes fist

@echoopera said:
    Just do it all in Drambo mate. You have the holy grail of iOS apps. 🤪👊🏼™️

Have you tried PlayBeat from AudioModern? AUv3 and comes with great samples and you can load your own and it does polyrhythms.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/playbeat/id1469390382

• @iOSTRAKON not got any of em sry.. tbh waiting for EG slicer B)

• edited May 2020

@espiegel123 said:
    Some folks don’t click with its workflow. It is in many ways a Korg Electribe.

It copies the hardware and includes artificial limitations such as small screen and fake scroll wheel.

You’ll know if you find those sort of things cool or irritating.

• But honestly @iOSTRAKON with the Digitakt patch for Drambo there isn’t much you’re missing.

• @echoopera said:
    But honestly @iOSTRAKON with the Digitakt patch for Drambo there isn’t much you’re missing.

Wait. What now?

• Patterning 2.

Next ;-)

• edited May 2020

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

One of the synth engines of ElasticDrums is called Merz. This should answer your question.

this, seriously
    get it, browse the 1 million (presets) it ships with, and you will plotz.

• edited May 2020

roll your own @iOSTRAKON just keep away from presets..uknow..more,cowbell

• Judging from the stuff you posted I think you would get the most out of GR-16 or Elastic Drums. Both apps can bring the chaos if that's what you want.

• edited May 2020

instant skinny= distorted 909... just did a quick clip in aum.. bs16 909 sf2 and mixed in DM2 (IAA)
    bass is Tal uno
    @iOSTRAKON soundclip below screenshot

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:
    But honestly @iOSTRAKON with the Digitakt patch for Drambo there isn’t much you’re missing.

Wait. What now?

Yeah. A nice Patch which simulates the Digitakt:
    https://patchstorage.com/digitakful/

• Wow, that's something.