Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist updated and is 50% OFF Today

iBassist has been updated , 50% OFF ONLY today!
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1378203792

• 2D Slider ( jam - intensity )
  • Intensity Parameter for Live Pads & Song Parts
  • Intensity for MIDI Out Chords
  • Added Minimum Notes To Recognize Chords for Live Midi In
  • Added "FILL ►" ending note menu.
  • MIDI Control Change for Jam - CC1
  • MIDI Control Change for Intensity - CC2
  • Improved UI
  • Bugs Fixed

Comments

• I’m looking forward to playing with this updated version :)

• Nice. Thank you.

• How does one sync this to tempo with AUM? I’ve just bought it and it looks luuuuverrrrly, but I can’t tempo-sn]ync the bloody thing, for some reason.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

@audio_DT said:
    How does one sync this to tempo with AUM? I’ve just bought it and it looks luuuuverrrrly, but I can’t tempo-sn]ync the bloody thing, for some reason.

LUMBeats respects Ableton Link for start/stop and BPM info.

Under the BPM value in AUM there's a "..." label below the metronome.
    It opens a list that includes the option to enable "Ableton Link" and Start/Stop

LumBeats Apps all have a LINK button to have them sync on a common BPM and a Start/Stop event.

For some reason there's a bit of a lag time (maybe it's count down and I have metronome off).

Please confirm you're progress with this issue so we can get the right details documented. Before LINK I had to Start/Stop via AudioBus3. There are some MIDI routing scenarios where AB3 is still needed to route the MIDI from LUMBeats apps to other AUv3 targets. I use the AB3 "Virtual MIDI Ports" which LumBeats and AUM can "see" for MIDI routing.

• edited May 2020

@McD said:

@audio_DT said:
    How does one sync this to tempo with AUM? I’ve just bought it and it looks luuuuverrrrly, but I can’t tempo-sn]ync the bloody thing, for some reason.

LUMBeats respects Ableton Link for start/stop and BPM info.

Under the BPM value in AUM there's a "..." label below the metronome.
    It opens a list that includes the option to enable "Ableton Link" and Start/Stop

LumBeats Apps all have a LINK button to have them sync on a common BPM and a Start/Stop event.

For some reason there's a bit of a lag time (maybe it's count down and I have metronome off).

Please confirm you're progress with this issue so we can get the right details documented. Before LINK I had to Start/Stop via AudioBus3. There are some MIDI routing scenarios where AB3 is still needed to route the MIDI from LUMBeats apps to other AUv3 targets. I use the AB3 "Virtual MIDI Ports" which LumBeats and AUM can "see" for MIDI routing.

Thanks for this. I’ve tried it but with no success. I’ve got funk drummer and ibassist in AUM. Funk drummer syncs perfectly but ibassist doesn’t sync at all - nothing happens when using AUM to start/stop. Funk drummer’s fine, just not ibassist. Any ideas? Thanks again. Looks like such a nice app, too.

EDIT: ignore stupid old me. I’d selected Link but not ‘start/stop sync’. Pillock, I am! Thanks again, mate 👍

• Wow.. 50% off...

• Do you need AUM to use iBassist? It does not seem to be Auv3? Is it IAA?

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

@ecou said:
    Do you need AUM to use iBassist? It does not seem to be Auv3? Is it IAA?

Yes. It's IAA and works that way in AUM too. I seem to need to use AudioBus "Virtual MIDI Ports" to take the MIDI out of iBassist and use the AB3 Virtual MIDI port for the MIDI in to other AUv3 apps to export the Bass Lines or Chrodal outputs of iBassist. If there's another way to do this please advise here...

The new Chordal options are excellent improvements:

2 Chord Patterns out on selectable MIDI channels with octave selections
    Bubble pattern, Chord or Key or Random notes, Note Length Options

Grab it while it's on sale.

• @McD said:

@ecou said:
    Do you need AUM to use iBassist? It does not seem to be Auv3? Is it IAA?

Yes. It's IAA and works that way in AUM too. I seem to need to use AudioBus "Virtual MIDI Ports"
    to take the MIDI out of iBassist and use the AB3 Virtual MIDI port for the MIDI in to other AUv3 apps
    to export the Bass Lines or Chrodal outputs of iBassist. If there's another way to do this please advise here...

I’ve just piped it straight into Atom in AUM, selecting ‘virtual iBassist’ in the midi sources list for Atom / any other midi in device. Is this not working for you, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

• @LuisMartinez Thank you for the update.. I really like the tweaks you've done to the UI.. ALL the other tweaks just makes the best even better (is that possible?).. will give them a good run through tonight.. Love the Lumbeat apps!

• edited May 2020

Out of curiosity, does iBassist work with the free version of Lumbeats app (like Afrocuban and Rock)?

• @Samflash3 said:
    Out of curiosity, does iBassist work with the free version of Lumbeats app (like Afrocuban and Rock)?

When you push the "MAKE DRUMS" button on iBassist all 9 LumBeats Drummer Apps appear as icons for you to route the creation of a new drum part. You can run multiple drum apps in a AUM project for example.

• @Samflash3 said:

I bought it hoping it would work. But it does not😞

• @ecou said:

@Samflash3 said:

I just loaded iBassist in AUM and loaded AfroCuban and Funk Drummer (I don't currently have Rock Drummer installed) and MIDI'ed the drum apps to iBassist and used the MAKE DRUMS button.

I'll load RD and try again... with the 2 free apps. Maybe I paid for mine? IOS 13 and the latest updates on iBassist installed.

• anyone else getting some strange clicking sounds? its a pretty aggressive click at the end of notes. sounds like the sample is being cut off or something?

im new to this app, so maybe im missing something. An ADSR envelope or something?

• @McD said:

@ecou said:

@Samflash3 said:

I just loaded iBassist in AUM and loaded AfroCuban and Funk Drummer (I don't currently have Rock Drummer installed) and MIDI'ed the drum apps to iBassist and used the MAKE DRUMS button.

I'll load RD and try again... with the 2 free apps. Maybe I paid for mine? IOS 13 and the latest updates on iBassist installed.

I have Rock Drum Machine, Funk Drummer and AfroLatin Drums all run with iBassist in AUM.
    RDM seemed to have trouble starting sync automatically... I had to push start in it's own GUI but
    after I stopped the AUM transport they all stopped and they all start now from the AUM transport.

I'd say get iBassist and you'll be able to use the free drum apps too and don't forget you can export the bass and the chords from iBassist to anything that takes MIDI.

• @McD said:

@McD said:

@ecou said:

@Samflash3 said:

I have Rock Drum Machine, Funk Drummer and AfroLatin Drums all run with iBassist in AUM.
    RDM seemed to have trouble starting sync automatically... I had to push start in it's own GUI but
    after I stopped the AUM transport they all stopped and they all start now from the AUM transport.

I'd say get iBassist and you'll be able to use the free drum apps too and don't forget you can export the bass and the chords from iBassist to anything that takes MIDI.

We are talking about the free limited versions

• @shinyisshiny said:
    anyone else getting some strange clicking sounds? its a pretty aggressive click at the end of notes. sounds like the sample is being cut off or something?

im new to this app, so maybe im missing something. An ADSR envelope or something?

There is a string release sound setting (bottom left in the settings menu) with adjustment for natural, weak + low.. I imagine natural is the default.. I can’t remember messing with these yet if at all.. perhaps worth a try for your issue?

• edited May 2020

Well, seems the crash that was occurring after a long period of playing in AUM has been resolved.. Thanks Lumbeat..
    Would love to get some Expansions for this Gem (Basslines, Chord Progression, Guitar settings, etc). Pretty sure some of these geniuses on this forum can come up with some interesting packs... and get paid..

• I'm massively impressed by this wonderful app. It's fantastic - and the chord progressions are a wonderful idea and work perfectly for driving other synths. Thanks, @LuisMartinez.

• @LuisMartinez, is there any way to set scales, i.e. for chords? Thanks.

• edited May 2020

Sick..

Really need that a Future Drummer Midi out..

Beautiful..