Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cherry Blossom / SMP Shakuhachi

edited May 2020 in Creations

SynthMaster Player, Mersenne (@Spidericemidas patch). Zeeon, BeatHawk Harpsichord, BASSalicious.

Comments

• An alternative title: A Day Trip to a Middle Eastern Aviary. Liking your direction.

• Thanks For listening @hypnopad. I’ll keep your title for the next birdflight😉

• Those chinese cymbals getting pitch shifted to a 12 tone scale crack me up.
    Your use of the "digital" Shakuhachi is impressive. Lot's of character in that instrument.

Now I need to go re-download SynthMaster and see what other sampled gems are in there.

Nice job mixing cultures into a nice blend of sounds and imagery.

• Thanks for commenting, @McD. The shakuhachi is from SynthMaster Player World pack. It has an in assortment of breath sounds, trills, three note phrases. I had to midi edit the piano track like crazy.

• Word to the cautious...

The "Sounds of the World" pack which is only offered for Synth Master Player and also requires you to upgrade to the "Pro instance" for $10... costs an extra $5 and after paying you don't get the samples.
    I have contacted KV331 to see if it's a licensing problem like Korg had with the Organ pack a while back.

I really wanted to play that Shakuhachi with my new EWI controller but alas... I await the final judgement. Thumbjam seems to have the best woodwinds that follow the EWI's MIDI stream.
    iSymphonic is OK. I'm still sorting through my apps checking out various apps and synths.

The EWI is a bit tricky to master and I think I'll need to filter out pitch bends or put some tape over the
    sensor. A real sax has a thumb hook to hold the instrument up and that's the edge where they put the
    sensor. I keep feeling for it even after 40 years of not playing a sax. The neck strap helps but still... I hit that damn pitch down sensor and play some really bad sounding woodwind notes. Filtering Pitch Bend
    is not that hard. But I'll probably wish I could do those bends later.

They also added a CC that responds to biting the mouthpiece. That just feels so wrong. Reeds are not cheap. I might remap the "bite gesture" to a pitch bend but changing the volume like a breathe vibrato might be smarter. The response to actual variations to breathing is not sensitive or realistic.

So, I have another project to work on. Never a dull moment in solitary.