Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM MIDI CLOCK IN

1235»

Comments

• @GLacey said:

@SamSamSam said:

@GLacey said:
    Ditto. I use a Keystep Pro with AUM. Midi clock receive would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find any workaround to link tempo between the keystep pro and AUM? (Other than audiobus, that I do not have at the moment)

Unfortunately no. Audiobus seems the only solution to establish some sort of tempo link between KSP and AUM. :(

Thanks a lot for the follow-up !!!
    If anyone has a solution, do no hesitate to jump in the conversation.

• @SamSamSam - Does the KSP accept midi clock in? Is having AUM be the master an option? AUM can send Midi clock, it just can't slave to it.

• edited July 2023

Any reason you just don’t set the KSP to receive midi clock?

Edit! What @wim said….sry..I replied on page 4 and it dumped me on page 5 with his response… sigh

• @wim, @AlmostAnonymous ,
    Yes, KSP is able to receive midi clock, but that workflow does not really work. I gave up that option.

• @GLacey said:
    @wim, @AlmostAnonymous ,
    Yes, KSP is able to receive midi clock, but that workflow does not really work with AUM. I gave up that option.

• wimwim
    edited July 2023

@GLacey said:

@GLacey said:
    @wim, @AlmostAnonymous ,
    Yes, KSP is able to receive midi clock, but that workflow does not really work with AUM. I gave up that option.

Well, Audiobus to the rescue then for now. 😉

• edited July 2023

@GLacey said:
    @wim, @AlmostAnonymous ,
    Yes, KSP is able to receive midi clock, but that workflow does not really work. I gave up that option.

Can you explain a bit more of your situation?
    I use multiple hardware sequencers with AUM, and I haven’t found a reason for AUM not to be the clock. Just because I have a hardware sequencer doesn’t mean it needs to be the master clock.

• Thanks a lot @wim and @AlmostAnonymous for your messages.

Yes, for me it works without any problem when AUM is the master. But, it’s a bit frustrating to not be able to use the physical controller to start, stop and change the tempo.

I suppose this is also the experience of @GLacey

• edited July 2023

@SamSamSam said:
    Thanks a lot @wim and @AlmostAnonymous for your messages.

Yes, for me it works without any problem when AUM is the master. But, it’s a bit frustrating to not be able to use the physical controller to start, stop and change the tempo.

Start, stop, pause, rewind, etc….sure. Can all do it from a controller. Those tasks are no different than mapping anything else. Just map the start stop buttons to AUM.

• edited July 2023

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@SamSamSam said:

Start, stop, pause, rewind, etc….sure. Can all do it from a controller. Those tasks are no different than mapping anything else. Just map the start stop buttons to AUM.

Yes, I had something similar experience as @SamSamSam said.
    I tried some of those midi mappings, but didn’t work as I expected, so I accepted the fact it won’t work that way and stopped looking for other workarounds than inserting AB3 into the setup.
    Anyway, I’ll check it again when I’m back from vacation. Thanks for the tip!

• @GLacey said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@SamSamSam said:

Yes, I had something similar experience as @SamSamSam said.
    I tried some of those midi mappings, but didn’t work as I expected, so I accepted the fact it won’t work that way and stopped looking for other workarounds than inserting AB3 into the setup.
    Anyway, I’ll check it again when I’m back from vacation. Thanks for the tip!

If you have trouble getting it working as you'd like, folks here should be able to help.

• @espiegel123 said:
    If you have trouble getting it working as you'd like, folks here should be able to help.

Thanks, I appreciate it!