Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flight / Laurie Anderson Meets Philip Glass

Well, kinda. I don’t know how to describe where this one fits musically. A bit genre defiant, I am guessing. Any suggestions as to where it fits is welcome.

Magellan2, Sopranotron, iSymph Soprano (the best on iOS, IMO), Galileo, DRC, iFretless Bass, Brazilian Drummer.

Comments

• Pretty, pretty cool. That’s the least swinging Brazilian drummer I’ve ever heard though. Swing and a miss for Lumbeat on that app. But the robotic groove works very well for this piece. A creative mind can turn anything into art.

• Thanks @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. Yeah, it was a surprise to get that out of that app. I started with Future Drummer but it was glitchy so picked another lumbeat. It worked for me.

• it is ... far away from the artists you named. Both artists are not machine musicians. They are real musicians. With experience with real instruments. And with profound knowledge of music.

You are also a good musician of course.

• edited April 2020

@Phil999, um,in a phrase, of course not. But I played every note on a keyboard and I have experience, as a real musician, with real instruments, so not “machine music”, I think.

Glass uses a lot of repetition as did I and certainly no aversion to synthesizers. Laurie super processed her voices and used synthetic sources as well, I believe. So not sure what you are saying. Perhaps you can explain a little more? Also, as I wrote, I am uncertain as to what genre this might fit into. Glass and Anderson were the closest I could think of. Maybe Steve Reich, but there are a lot of minimalists out there.

• I could explain more. But you can do the comparison for yourself.

I know that you are a musician with much talent.

• edited April 2020

@Phil999, well I certainly am familiar with both musician’s music. I think where we differ is that I have a pretty broad definition of what constitutes a composer’s style and what might be a reference to it. I am thinking your view is narrower (I don’t mean worse! They have equal value) and you would want to hear a more exact representation of the composer’s style in a spin-off like I (think) I have done. Realize I didn’t really create the track with those two in mind. It was an afterthought as to how I might pigeonhole it. I will maybe post just the piano part and you can see, perhaps, the Glassiness I was referencing. Similarly with Laurie I based my reference on just a few bars in my improvisation. So I do understand where you are coming from. Anyway, thanks for commenting. All good.