Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Granular synthesis with Drambo

edited April 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

@reasOne's recent post reminded me that I did a granular patch a few days ago but I didn't upload it yet so here it is.
It also uses the Flexi sampler but in a very different way, more like typical granular synths do.
Have fun using and tweaking it!

It sounds quite "grainy" because I've used a factory vocal line; you can get much smoother results by using more pad-like samples.

https://patchstorage.com/granular-synthesis-using-flexi/

Comments

• Much appreciated @rs2000. As soon as I’ll managed to make kids sleep I will study your technique. Love Drambo.

• You're welcome!
    Basically that's just a proof of concept. I'm sure it needs some fine tuning depending on the sample used, so any feedback about possible improvements are very welcome 😊

• I’m going to dive into this later too, had a quick fiddle and works really interestingly :)

• Thanks @rs2000 / I haven’t used patchstorage just yet. Easy to download and start using?

• awesome! thanks for sharing, @rs2000

• edited April 2020

@rs2000 said:
    @reasOne's recent post reminded me that I did a granular patch a few days ago but I didn't upload it yet so here it is.
    It also uses the Flexi sampler but in a very different way, more like typical granular synths do.
    Have fun using and tweaking it!

It sounds quite "grainy" because I've used a factory vocal line; you can get much smoother results by using more pad-like samples.

https://patchstorage.com/granular-synthesis-using-flexi/

Another day another way, that’s the cool things about Drambo: can’t wait to try this.

Though weirdly I’ve yet to be able to import a preset from patchstorage or anywhere...

Edit, figured it out

@rs2000 cool build! Inspiring

• I think there's a dedicated granular sampler planned for development.

• awesome! going to try this as well

• edited April 2020

@SpartanClownTide said:
    I think there's a dedicated granular sampler planned for development.

Sure, but nobody knows when that's going to happen 😅

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Thanks @rs2000 / I haven’t used patchstorage just yet. Easy to download and start using?

It depends.
    Intil iOS 12, downloading from patchstorage and opening in Drambo works, but on iOS 13 it seems that you have to save it to an intermediate folder first, then in Drambo,
    use "Open" > "Import file".

The latest beta has this fixed already so I guess it won't be too long until a fix is public.

• I got inspired to do my own take on @reasOne's granular patch. It also uses Flexi Sampler in scratch mode, but now there are four of them to create four "grains".

Each grain is randomly offset and panned on every key press. Incoming notes control the position within the sample.

Here's a demo I made with a 3-minute sample of Model 15 arpeggios (all fx are Drambo as well):

Download: https://patchstorage.com/four-grains/

• @konstigtljud said:
    I got inspired to do my own take on @reasOne's granular patch. It also uses Flexi Sampler in scratch mode, but now there are four of them to create four "grains".

Each grain is randomly offset and panned on every key press. Incoming notes control the position within the sample.

Here's a demo I made with a 3-minute sample of Model 15 arpeggios (all fx are Drambo as well):

Download: https://patchstorage.com/four-grains/

Great patch, thanks for sharing.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Great patch, thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

• real nice !

• Nice. Shows that Drambo can even do things it can´t, lol.
    Of course a dedicated granular module would be great. But they are very heavy on cpu normally.

• @Clueless said:
    Nice. Shows that Drambo can even do things it can´t, lol.
    Of course a dedicated granular module would be great. But they are very heavy on cpu normally.

Not necessarily. A dedicated module would be much better because building a granular synth engine that sounds really smooth with most input material (like in SpaceCraft), while possible, would end up in a monster patch in Drambo that is most likely no fun to use.