Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Suggestions for ways to record & edit AUM automations in-app?

Hi all,
The AUM/AudioShare workflow is almost all I need now to do everything DAWlessly on iPad from noodle to SoundCloud, and I’m using MIDILFOs to semi randomly automate panning and levels. But I’m still missing the opportunity to review and tweak the mix ‘manually’ for mixdown.

Does anyone know of a way to record the MIDI cc data used/generated when levels and positions are adjusted to record fader positions, pans etc in an AU inside AUM itself, such that I can record a piece, then go back and iteratively edit levels, and settings, all without having to leave AUM to do it?

I know I can do this by recording out into Cubasis and recording/editing the automations there, but setting that up each time is a PITA, and I’m looking to avoid using Cubasis entirely in the future if possible. Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• You could try Beathawk AU, which supports CC as well. Not sure how much pita it would be.

• ... but if you are adjusting the AUM faders and internal pan knobs manually, then that won't be recorded obviously.

• @Svetlovska I have tried this approach. Could not find anything that worked. That’s why I use Xequence to do all my midi sequence and parameters controls in AUM. I don’t do fader controls but do a gain on each channel and get it done that way.