Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sonoma GuitarTone + 2 channel interface (Apogee ONE)

Has anyone tried using a 2-channel interface into Sonoma's GuitarTone app? I'd like to give it a shot, but I can't get the input working right using my Apogee One. I can hear my guitar input if I turn up the Monitor 2 mix level, but it's just the dry mix; GuitarTone doesn't process it. It WILL process the Monitor 1 mix, which is the One's internal mic.

Any ideas?

Comments

• It sounds like GuitarTone is receiving a stereo signal, but is processing only one of the two channels. I had this situation with MIDImorphosis a while back, and had to add a toggle switch. JamUp has a similar toggle feature. If there's a toggle in GuitarTone, try switching left to right; if not you might be stuck (unless the Apogee has a toggle -- but you've probably looked for something like that already).

• I don't know in that one. I know in Jamup and bias you can choose just the right channel (the 1/4" input) as your input.

• Yep, that's exactly the problem.. there is no toggle to select the desired input channel. I emailed Sonoma support to describe the problem and see if there was a workaround or at least to get it on their radar for a future update. We'll see if/how they respond.

In the meantime I was able to demo the app using my cheapie Peavey Amplink (headphone input)

Thanks

• edited March 2014

Update: Sonoma WireWorks responded to my support request with the following:

Hello Jesse,

>

Sorry for the late reply, the team has been away in Germany for Musikmesse. Currently GutiarTone does not support being on input 2 but we have a free update coming out soon which will fix this. Thank you for your patience,

Daniel

Good to know!

• 4pockets recently updated Stompbox (I'd chatted with them about it and the responded and added it - great work devs), to allow true stereo selection. That means it will both read from stereo audio via a stereo input, (I use an RP255 pedal into USB via CCK), and read stereo FX - e.g. ping pong - applied in the pedal and pass it through as stereo (not fold to mono), and also allow it to be used as part of a stereo FX chain in the FX slot in Audiobus. Great addition!