Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo by BeepStreet released

Comments

• @rs2000 said:
    @Gravitas 😄
    I know I should give it another try. Thanks for the free course. p

No worries. 😁
    Glad you like it.
    Quantiloop can be fun and I managed to get two Quantiloops
    synced using my iPad and my iPhone to get extra tracks.
    The routing was a little crazy but it was doable.

But wait, Drambo is an AUv3 looper while Quantiloop isn't? 😱

Exactly this.

I've got a template for dRambo someplace that I need
    to finish which is set for barebones live looping.
    Useful for on the spot vocal takes.
    I love doing three and four part vocal harmonies.

Schedules are good 👍🏼

Yup...Otherwise I wouldn't know what time of
    the year it was except for looking at the sun.
    Right now is servicing my equipment time of year.
    I'm currently repairing my microKorg and
    this coming week is finishing Jambo v1.5

When creative time hits, I'm normally gone for a month or thereabouts.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Owgill said:
    I have a bonkers query here for Drambo aficionados. Is it possible to develop a project that mimics the functionality of a Toriaz sp16?

I’d be using AUM and could have 2 Drambo AU’s with multi outs. That’s 16 tracks each with a flexi sampler and then whatever effects I want per track either within Drambo or as an AU in AUM.

P-lock and ratcheting functionality is there in Drambo so I think I’m ok there.

I’m also ok from an audio interface perspective.

If I have a controller with 16 velocity sensitive pads and let’s say 8 knobs, could I come close to mimicking the same functionality and workflow as the Pioneer SP 16?

Certainly not. Drambo is not made to replace the workflow of specific hardware, it's rather made to build your own individual rig. Feature-wise, it may be possible but I don't know the SP-16.

• Any ETA on midi export?

• @Owgill Let's hope someone owning an SP-12 will chime in...

• Not sure as its complicated ( theory )

Would you be able to add a bypass to the midi chance. So that when knob is off ( left ). Keys can still pass through drambo?

You could go from a sequence to keys.

• Not sure as I envision a different synth anyway if a track were muted but would still be cool as I could work on a single pattern and toggle the sequence off with chance and allowing keys to take over ( and a mixture ) of keys and sequence ( with chance ) when knob is in middle.

• I can route a keyboard also to the synth in aum matrix. So when chance is off. The keyboard wont be affected by chance but I use drambo to route to synths. So need a way to bypass the chance with keys, when chance is off.

• I feel dopey asking, but I searched around and couldn’t find anything... is the crossfader automation recordable? I can’t seem to get it to record haha.. looking to not p-lock on a specific trig but sweep a couple parameters over like half a bar using the crossfader. Thx!

• Errmmm.

Fellow dRambonauts.

@giku_beepstreet has made dRambo available on the Mac mini M1's.

It came up on FB.

Go for it.

• @Gravitas said:
    Errmmm.

Fellow dRambonauts.

It came up on FB.

Go for it.

If I ever get an M1 (probably gonna wait for the gen 2 products though), Drambo is seriously like 80% of the reason.

• @aleyas said:

@Gravitas said:
    Errmmm.

Fellow dRambonauts.

It came up on FB.

Go for it.

If I ever get an M1 (probably gonna wait for the gen 2 products though), Drambo is seriously like 80% of the reason.

It's the only reason why I'm going to get one.
    What I can do with two iPads is crazy enough.

Combined with an M1 and dRambo?

Oh wow...

• Wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I am building a LFO merger MIDI rack (8 LFOs) so that I can mix them together for complex shapes and control parameters of external synths. I'm running into an issue where I can't figure out how to attenuate the LFO in a way that does not drop it past the base level of the parameter on my synth.

For example, on my Digitone, if I have the filter set to 70 (out of 127), I want the LFO from Drambo to have a base level of 70 and modulate up to 127, then back to 70. However, what's happening is that the LFO will send it's own levels, so if I turn it all the way up, it goes from 0-127, not 70-127. I can't figure out which module to use or how to change this so that I can do what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

• edited December 2020

@slicetwo said:
    Wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I am building a LFO merger MIDI rack (8 LFOs) so that I can mix them together for complex shapes and control parameters of external synths. I'm running into an issue where I can't figure out how to attenuate the LFO in a way that does not drop it past the base level of the parameter on my synth.

For example, on my Digitone, if I have the filter set to 70 (out of 127), I want the LFO from Drambo to have a base level of 70 and modulate up to 127, then back to 70. However, what's happening is that the LFO will send it's own levels, so if I turn it all the way up, it goes from 0-127, not 70-127. I can't figure out which module to use or how to change this so that I can do what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

The Graphic Shaper inserted into a signal line will do all range adjustments you're dreaming of!

• @slicetwo said:

Thanks!

I think there are two modules, Scale and Offset that would help with this.

• @slicetwo said:

Thanks

Try this.

I had a similar issue when using the SF-1 Filter from Kai Aras
    when I needed to have the filter modulate between a fixed range.
    I think you could do a similar thing using the number module.
    I prefer to use the knob module as I can change the frequency start point
    and adjust the range in the LFO module.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing the same thing.

• @slicetwo

You see....😏

• @rs2000 said:

The Graphic Shaper inserted into a signal line will do all range adjustments you're dreaming of!

Just loaded this up. Seems to be working. I'll just need to figure out exactly how to manage it. Thanks for the input.

@Gravitas said:
    Try this.

I had a similar issue when using the SF-1 Filter from Kai Aras
    when I needed to have the filter modulate between a fixed range.
    I think you could do a similar thing using the number module.
    I prefer to use the knob module as I can change the frequency start point
    and adjust the range in the LFO module.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing the same thing. Much appreciated.

I'll give that a shot.

@Jocphone said:

I think there are two modules, Scale and Offset that would help with this.

I tried those first and didn't quite get the result for which I was searching. Thanks for the idea.

• @slicetwo

No worries.

I'm liking @rs2000's as it uses less modules.

• @slicetwo said:

@rs2000 said:

Just loaded this up. Seems to be working. I'll just need to figure out exactly how to manage it. Thanks for the input.

Tapping on the stamp sized diagram of the Graphic Shaper will open the half screen editor where you can tweak the line points live while playing so you can hear what you're doing.

• Any hopes of Drambo and perhaps also Zeeon going on sale around Xmas?

• @rs2000 and @Gravitas the graphic shaper seemed to work. I'm struggling to get it to be more percussive sounding when routing it to external synths, though.

This is me exploring the idea initially on the Digitone. I then made a synth in Drambo with the same idea and got good thing going.

However, when I route the MIDI version of the LFO section in that 2nd video to the same patch on the Digitone as the first with the internal LFOs turned off, the sound is nowhere near as percussive. I've tried LFOs and the Graphic Modulator, but it's not working.

Any ideas on that one? I can post a video later of what I've got, or even share the MIDI rack,m if y'all are interested.

• @Gravitas said:

@aleyas said:

@Gravitas said:
    Errmmm.

Fellow dRambonauts.

It came up on FB.

Go for it.

It's the only reason why I'm going to get one.
    What I can do with two iPads is crazy enough.

Combined with an M1 and dRambo?

Oh wow...

If you get the M1 you've gotta give a full report about programming Drambo on it! Depending on the review, it may be the deciding factor for me to get an Air M1 over a new iPad.

On the plus side, with Drambo on the Mac I'd finally have a reason to learn Orca.

• I cannot wait for Auv3 in drambo tbh. whenever I work in there, I’m always like “this would be really cool if I could bring another app into this patch”

So excited!

• @slicetwo I ca pn only judge the mod signal from the oscilloscope but that looks good.
    Either there's something else in your patch or the Digitone does some smoothing itself?

Try this:
    Open AUM, load LK and draw an automation with that sawtooth shape. Also try short spikes, needles, peaks to see how fast the Digitone really follows.

• @aleyas said:

If you get the M1 you've gotta give a full report about programming Drambo on it! Depending on the review, it may be the deciding factor for me to get an Air M1 over a new iPad.

I most certainly will.

Until then...

I'm using dRambo as a studio/live performance tool, as a synth,
    sampler, sequencer, effects processor with midi generative tools.
    including using it as midi channel matrix for multi-timbral apps,
    a modulator for Auv3's hosted in AUM and with Auv3 on the horizon?
    as an all in one Mastering Matrix.

This list is in no way exhaustive.

It's the tip of the iceberg.

• Been a few weeks since I’ve ridden the Drambo train, so i decided to give the latest Beta a ride. Really enjoying the auv3 hosting feature of Drambo now. It’s a self contained package of greatness:

Posted with permission @giku_beepstreet 👊🏼💕

• @echoopera said:
    Been a few weeks since I’ve ridden the Drambo train, so i decided to give the latest Beta a ride. Really enjoying the auv3 hosting feature of Drambo now. It’s a self contained package of greatness:

Posted with permission @giku_beepstreet 👊🏼💕

Well, throw GR-16 Auv3 into that and .....

Unbelievable... Hope it is released this weekend... both..

Piano roll, midi import and export... Ableton Live set export for Ableton live 11... Well...

This discussion has been closed.