Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Manual for Primer Synth (Syntorial)?

Is there some manual for the Primer Synth (from Syntorial)?

The description for the buttons / knobs would already help.

Most of them are clear, but a FM knob? Key? AMT? PW? Sync? Ring?

I’m not such fluid in handling Synths beside using presets, but i know some basics.

So, a short description of the buttons would already help.

Comments

• Why not get Syntorial? The answers to at least some of your questions can be found in the free part of the App.

• In a fashion, Syntorial is the manual for Primer. I do recommend starting there, however I'd also like to answer your question.

To begin with the OSC section, we have OSC1 on/off toggle, selection of the waveform, fine tuning and PW. PW is "Pulsewidth" and usually only applies to square waves. The PW setting makes the upper, "on", segment of a square wave narrower or wider, allowing the tone to take on a kind of nasal/tinny sound.

To the right, there is a mixer for blending between OSC1/2 and two volume knobs, SUB and NOISE.

OSC2 settings are similar to OSC1's, with the addition of being able to change the frequency by a semitone with SEMI. I don't know what the start button does, but I imagine it to be "oscillators on/off"?
    SYNC - hard sync the oscillators. Makes them play back the same frequency, to be plain about it. I highly recommend listening to the changes in timbre (sound texture) when you have this on and change settings to OSC2. The RING button is to enable ring modulation between OSC1&2. Like hard SYND, the sounds created are frequency dependant so try playing with OSC2's settings in slow sweeps to find some interesting tones. FM is to apply frequency modulation, applying the SUB oscillator to the mix above.

Voices
    Mono - one voice at a time, retriggers envelope per note press
    Legato - once voice at a time, retriggers envelope after release of previous note
    Poly - play polyphonically (I don't know how many voices this synth has)

Performance
    MW DEST - Modwheel (modulator) destination
    VEL DEST - velocity (modulator) destination
    PB RANGE - Pitchbend range in semitones

Filter
    TYPE - select your filter type. Low pass will cut high frequencies, high pass will cut low frequencies, band pass will cut frequencies on either side of it. How sharply the cutoff happens is usually measured in 12/24/48 values, becoming steeper with higher numbers.
    KEY - turns up how much keyboard follow happens. With this on, the filter is more closed in the low range and more open in the high range on the keyboard (effect: think of your keyboard as a big slider and your filter cutoff follows your pressed key location)
    CUTOFF/RESONANCE - The frequency at which attenuation begins, and how strong the resonance at that frequency is.
    ENV - how much of the below envelope is applied per key press.

LFO
    I only know how to use a mono lfo. I'll need to learn how to use a poly one.
    TRIG - restart the lfo with each keypress

I think everything else is self explanatory?

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

Many, many thanks, @tehskwrl

You basically wrote a short manual!

:) :) :)

This would fit neatly in the Wiki...