Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Created a BeatMaker 3 Kit converter that works on iOS (for free)

2»

Comments

• @Samflash3 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:

@auxmux said:
    @Samflash3 Working really well! Thanks for making this. Is it possible to keep the original filenames? Will make it a lot easier to tell which pad is what sound.

I wish. I'm not sure how the .bmk3 is encoded as, so I wasn't able to open it and see how the code works. If I could extract it, then it is possible.

Funny enough, my initial draft was for a script that would have done exactly what you wanted (potentially) but for BeatMaker 2. Sadly, it did not work on BeatMaker 3. But I also don't have BeatMaker 2 to test that code.

You can put a bmk3 file in the free Documents app (or AudioShare) and rename it so that it has .txt as the extension. You can then read the file in a text editor.

Thanks for the tip. It's weird that Audioshare isn't showing the text document anymore. I actually thought that the document couldn't be converted.

I can now see the .bmk3 file. It'll take some time to fully analyze it but I can (potentially) do a lot more with it.

Although, I've decided to keep this as simple as possible as a proof of concept. The Shortcuts BeatMaker 3 kit seems to be working for its current application. If I do decide on making a more robust tool, I'll rewrite the logic using this file. I'm still trying to decide what's the best way to make a usable tool.

If Audioshare is mis-behaving in some way let @j_liljedahl know as he is wrapping up a new release.

• Link not working for that routine hub.co address? Can anyone help?

• edited April 2020

@jangomango18 said:
    Link not working for that routine hub.co address? Can anyone help?

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/3e82ff223f704ee3872b122fde76225e

This is my downloaded copy. It’s identical to the one he posted, just a copy on my phone.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:

@auxmux said:
    @Samflash3 Working really well! Thanks for making this. Is it possible to keep the original filenames? Will make it a lot easier to tell which pad is what sound.

I wish. I'm not sure how the .bmk3 is encoded as, so I wasn't able to open it and see how the code works. If I could extract it, then it is possible.

Funny enough, my initial draft was for a script that would have done exactly what you wanted (potentially) but for BeatMaker 2. Sadly, it did not work on BeatMaker 3. But I also don't have BeatMaker 2 to test that code.

You can put a bmk3 file in the free Documents app (or AudioShare) and rename it so that it has .txt as the extension. You can then read the file in a text editor.

Thanks for the tip. It's weird that Audioshare isn't showing the text document anymore. I actually thought that the document couldn't be converted.

I can now see the .bmk3 file. It'll take some time to fully analyze it but I can (potentially) do a lot more with it.

Although, I've decided to keep this as simple as possible as a proof of concept. The Shortcuts BeatMaker 3 kit seems to be working for its current application. If I do decide on making a more robust tool, I'll rewrite the logic using this file. I'm still trying to decide what's the best way to make a usable tool.

If Audioshare is mis-behaving in some way let @j_liljedahl know as he is wrapping up a new release.

Did you rename its file extension to .txt?

• @j_liljedahl said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:

@auxmux said:

Did you rename its file extension to .txt?

Yeah. I renamed it to .txt but nothing showed. When I transferred the .txt to a different app that supports .txt, it opened.

• How hard would it be to do that for Digistix

• @Poppadocrock said:
    How hard would it be to do that for Digistix

Sorry, I don't have Digistix. I'd have to get a project from the app.

• Oh. What exactly do you mean by a project? I could send you something if that would help.

• I mean it’s not to hard in Digistix with drag and drop but if it could be done quicker that be awesome

• edited April 2020

@Poppadocrock Okay, I'll look at it. See if you can make a bank of this sample and send me the project and the drum kit. If it's similar to the BeatMaker 3, then it should be pretty straight forward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nfbxiqedk28mfn/samples.zip?dl=0