Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there something similar like Koala Sampler for videos?

Wonder if something like Koala Sampler exists for videos?

Tried some vj apps like TouchVis, 100VJ and VJLive already. Those are great but I'd like to be able to sample and trigger video snipps quite spontaneously.

Comments

• just stumbled over vidibox. seems to be just the thing i was looking for...

• edited March 2020

d'oh! vidibox not working under ios 13. would have been the perfect thing...

• TouchViz puts all the others in the dark. Simply amazing.

• @Toastedghost said:
    TouchViz puts all the others in the dark. Simply amazing.

yes it's quite good for the 'bi-videolar' use-case. but i was hoping to find something that let's me switch between multiple videos very quick, just like vidibox would.

• edited March 2020

@nuno_agogo said:

@Toastedghost said:
    TouchViz puts all the others in the dark. Simply amazing.

yes it's quite good for the 'bi-videolar' use-case. but i was hoping to find something that let's me switch between multiple videos very quick, just like vidibox would.

TouchViz has received a number of essential feature upgrades recently, you can now launch clips by MIDI notes in addition to scrubbing through videos by using MIDI CC.
    In other words, connect a Launchpad controller and launch video clips like your friends launch audio clips in Ableton πŸ˜‰

Details:
    https://hexler.net/docs/touchviz-midi-reference

• edited March 2020

Does touchviz work with GIFs yet? Since I started using gifs in glitch clip it's hard to go back...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Does touchviz work with GIFs yet? Since I started using gifs in glitch clip it's hard to go back...

Don't know but would really like to know.

• TouchViz has received a number of essential feature upgrades recently, you can now launch clips by MIDI notes in addition to scrubbing through videos by using MIDI CC.
    In other words, connect a Launchpad controller and launch video clips like your friends launch audio clips in Ableton πŸ˜‰

Details:
    https://hexler.net/docs/touchviz-midi-reference

i see. will check that out. just got it a week ago. thanks :)

did you try that already? is it responsive in terms of latency?

• edited March 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Just looked at the online marketing stuff and nope. Tis OK as glitch clip is working pretty well for me right now. Really hope @giku_beepstreet can get video module in drambo eventually.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Just looked at the online marketing stuff and nope. Tis OK as glitch clip is working pretty well for me right now. Really hope @giku_beepstreet can get video module in drambo eventually.

I hear you. I have collected an almost unreasonable number of (excellent of course) obscure gifs I'd like to be able to work with (easily) at some point. Often feel in reality I may just have innumerable zip drives and the technology will simply past me :)

• just tried the midi controlling thing on TouchVis. switching clips is quite sluggish.

• edited March 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

Workaround hack would be screen record gifs from glitchclip into touchviz. Going to try this myself. Forgot about touchviz completely.

• @auxmux said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Workaround hack would be screen record gifs from glitchclip into touchviz. Going to try this myself. Forgot about touchviz completely.

Nice hack. Hadn't thought of that but yep!

• edited March 2020

There is an app in beta called Visual Synth which lets you map cue points to midi notes. It's a bit cumbersome. The dev asked for beta testers a while back.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36765/visual-synth-public-beta

https://testflight.apple.com/join/fRV1JcqM

I think the VFX app is going to add MIDI support soon. Not really too sure. I don't think it works with time stamps.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chop-video-split-segments/id1480868651

This app is free to try. You can chop videos into intervals, which may help.

• edited March 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

TouchViz can’t β€œsee” Gifs but you can convert any Gif to mp4 with this free app: https://apps.apple.com/gr/app/gif-to-mp4/id1462416224
    and then you import them to TouchViz. Works fine.

Update: There is also an official Shortcut template for converting Gifs to videos...but as QT movies (.mov) this time:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/705956e8caa24971a23b732d077d2be9

• @YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

TouchViz can’t see Gifs but you can convert any Gif to mp4 with this free app: https://apps.apple.com/gr/app/gif-to-mp4/id1462416224

Thank you Boss, I appreciate the nudge.

• edited March 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

TouchViz can’t see Gifs but you can convert any Gif to mp4 with this free app: https://apps.apple.com/gr/app/gif-to-mp4/id1462416224

No gods...no masters πŸ˜›πŸ™πŸ»

But we need a Vidibox update! @billaboop

• @YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I used to pay football with Albert during his communist years and he would call me Boss, but only as an affectionate honorific :)

• edited March 2020

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I used to pay football with Albert during his communist years and he would call me Boss, but only as an affectionate honorific :)

Interesting stuff. Thanks Boss

• so disappointing , the way they're abandoning vidibox, and even more disappointing that nobody else has cloned that simple idea of an video app... one of those maddening zones on the iOS platform

• @kobamoto said:
    so disappointing , the way they're abandoning vidibox, and even more disappointing that nobody else has cloned that simple idea of an video app... one of those maddening zones on the iOS platform

good! back on track... :)

• @YannisHatzi said:

A reverse l'esprit de l'escalier? :)

• edited March 2020

has anyone a clue what would be the requirements to run vidibox?

is it just an issue of the iOS version or is it also model related?

i'm thinking to get an extra ipad just to have vidibox

• edited April 2020

alright. got myself an ipad mini 2, reverted it to iOS 10.3.3 to get vidibox runing like a without problems.

no regrets for now...

• edited April 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I hear you. I have collected an almost unreasonable number of (excellent of course) obscure gifs I'd like to be able to work with (easily) at some point. Often feel in reality I may just have innumerable zip drives and the technology will simply past me :)

If you batch back up to google photos then batch redownload them they will be vid files not gifs and you can then use them anywhere that wont take a gif iirc

• @Dr_M said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

If you batch back up to google photos then batch redownload them they will be vid files not gifs and you can then use them anywhere that wont take a gif iirc

That might well be the tip of the day there my friend....AND sometimes to fiddle with on a dull Monday. Thank you :)