Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 problems with MIDI auv3‘s

I‘m experiencing a lot of inconsistencies with MIDI auv3‘s in Cubasis 3, yet according to @LFS the behaviour of MIDI auv3‘s is supposed to be the same between C2 and C3 and the Cubasis team is not aware of any issues.
I‘m making this thread to help identify what these problems are, so they can hopefully be fixed and this functionality of Cubasis be restored.

I already have a suspicion of what one of the causes of these problems may be.

If you load a keyboard au, let‘s say Xequence keys, and then load an arp, let‘s say StepPolyArp on the same channel, then you can play chords on the keyboard and they are played as arps, just as expected. However, if you turn off the arp au, you should get back to getting chords, just like in Cubasis 2. In Cubasis 3, however, silence is the result. It seems that maybe audio is muted instead of MIDI?

In various scenarios with several MIDI au‘s I experience lost audio when MIDI still seems to be transmitted.

Anyone else experiencing similar things?

Comments

• Can confirm.
    Disabling a second MIDI AU will prevent any MIDI from passing through.

• Same. Even easier to test, load one midi AUv3. Try to play built in keyboard, nada. Seems like last thing on the "midi pile" is what works. Internal keyboard does work again once you disable all midi AUv3s

• edited March 2020

@iammane said:
    Same. Even easier to test, load one midi AUv3. Try to play built in keyboard, nada...

Enable MIDI-THRU on the AU. ;)

• You know what's super weird though? If you have two midi au... disable the second one. Hit play so the first is doing whatever, and bring up the built in keyboard, you can see the keys are being hit corresponding to the first au that you can't hear lol...

• @iammane said:
    You know what's super weird though? If you have two midi au... disable the second one. Hit play so the first is doing whatever, and bring up the built in keyboard, you can see the keys are being hit corresponding to the first au that you can't hear lol...

yeah, that‘s what makes me think audio instead of midi is muted ... you also can still record the midi even though you hear nothing

• @blakkaz said:

@iammane said:
    Same. Even easier to test, load one midi AUv3. Try to play built in keyboard, nada...

Enable MIDI-THRU on the AU. ;)

AHHHH yes yes yes ok. And @nick yeah then totally agreed, I didn't notice it was recording still. Bizarro.

• maybe Lars @LFS can comment on this issue

• I’ve noticed this, too. Going to try midi thru. Thanks, fellas.

• I‘m coming to the point where I think maybe all the inconsistencies with midi auv3‘s are associated with this one thing, muting audio instead of midi

• @nick said:
    maybe Lars @LFS can comment on this issue

Will get back to this thread soon...

• @LFS said:

@nick said:

Thanks Lars. And congratulations to the 3.02 release.

• @LFS said:

@nick said:

Hi Lars, did you have a chance to take a look at this issue?

• LFSLFS
    edited March 2020

@nick said:

@LFS said:

@nick said:

Hi @nick,

Unfortunately there has been some work to do with the recent releases including Cubasis LE 3, since managing the Cubasis project is my main job...

Will try to reflect on the issue soon.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@nick said:

@LFS said:

@nick said:

Hi @nick,

Unfortunately there has been some work to do with the recent releases including Cubasis LE 3, since managing the Cubasis project is my main job...

Will try to reflect on the issue soon.

Best,
    Lars

Thanks @LFS ! I have send you a more detailed bug description.

• Hi @nick,

Thanks again for your report via private message, which has been added to our bugbase and shared with the team:

CBT-1602
    Using multiple midi auv3 often results in muted audio on those tracks

Best,
    Lars