Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Two Of the Best Mobile Games go FREE (Alto’s Adventure/Odyssey)

edited March 2020 in Other

If I could only have two mobile games, I’d pick these. Beautiful artwork, wonderfully atmospheric ambience, challenging or chilled - you pick, restful on the mind. Don’t we all need that right now?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/altos-adventure/id950812012
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/altos-odyssey/id1182456409

Comments

• prune is very soothing.

• I found the altos stuff kinda tedious. There again only played for ten minutes, though if I'm bored after ten minutes that's not a good sign. Prune, I've noticed this one, wasn't going to buy it but looks pretty. Actually if you can bear the first few levels which aren't challenging in any way but I guess they're an introduction, it's not bad.

• I'm not much of a games player, but I just find prune kind of calming. I also like gardening and practicing scales - so take under advisement.

• Yeah it's definitely mellow :)

• edited March 2020

They were enjoyable, but I couldn’t die, especially after unlocking that ultra fast character so that one tricky chasm is no longer a problem. After a while the limited number of environments and set pieces gets predictable and old, but its nice to look at and fun for a while.

Any other great games, free or not, been released in the last few months? I could use one. I cancelled my Arcade subscription...Sayonara Wild Hearts was the only thing that held me, though I did enjoy a few laughs at the cricket game. Was surprised I couldn’t find one other game I cared to complete.

• I decided to do Apple Arcade trial during the lockdown. There are some interesting games and no limitations or IAPs.

• edited March 2020

@oat_phipps said:
    They were enjoyable, but I couldn’t die, especially after unlocking that ultra fast character so that one tricky chasm is no longer a problem. After a while the limited number of environments and set pieces gets predictable and old, but its nice to look at and fun for a while.

Any other great games, free or not, been released in the last few months? I could use one. I cancelled my Arcade subscription...Sayonara Wild Hearts was the only thing that held me, though I did enjoy a few laughs at the cricket game. Was surprised I couldn’t find one other game I cared to complete.

I'm the same ... now that I've conquered the game I don't play it a lot, but every so often I dive in for a pleasant few minutes of relaxation. Once all the challenges have been completed, it's more of an immersive art experience with a pleasant soudtrack, and ideal for chilling out for a few minutes.

That one tricky chasm (if you mean the canyon one whose exit is higher than the entrance) is a bummer if you get it before you have the wingsuit ...

As for free games, worth checking https://www.iosnoops.com/ and AppSliced for free apps.

I was the same with Apple Arcade. There were so few games that seemed worth investing time in I didn’t go beyond my free trial.

• Alto's stuff is good fun and very pretty. They also work on Apple TV I think.

• Also looking for good iOS game suggestions.

Haven't played in years, but have decided it's time to have another (interactive) arrow for my entertainment bow.

Interested in first reactions when you're asked 'most fun game on iOS?'

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Also looking for good iOS game suggestions.

Haven't played in years, but have decided it's time to have another (interactive) arrow for my entertainment bow.

I'm not much of a gamer, but The Room (Fireproof Games) and its sequels were really immersive.

• edited March 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the night for the first time after it hit the app store a week or two ago. incredible classic.
    Book of Demons is also fun for a while, reminiscent of Diablo 1

Hyperlight Drifter, Dead Cells and Company of Heroes have also been holding my interest lately.
    Definitely need a controller to get the most out of all but COH and BOD

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS

• I really loved the Infinity Blade series. Not sure if they are still available. Some of the OG mobile games

• @oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS SAYONARA WILD HEARTS

Arcade :(

• Dead Cells?

• I recommend Hexcells if you want a more challenging minesweeper without any luck involved

• I've been playing Real Racing 3 for years now for free. Well, I think I've been tempted a few times to spend, maybe $10 in total over maybe 3 or 4 years. But part of the fun for me is trying to stick it out and have the discipline not to be tempted to progress faster by spending money.

They're very good at arranging things so as to try to get yo to spend though, so not recommended unless you're a stubborn SOB like I am.

• Hyper Light Drifter will be available for 99 cents this Thursday along with the other games from that developer.

Gets a lot of praise.

• Who doesn’t love a bit of Scooby Doo? Maybe was always free, but it’s certainly free right now.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scooby-doo-mystery-cases/id1233341076

• I> @wim said:

I've been playing Real Racing 3 for years now for free. Well, I think I've been tempted a few times to spend, maybe $10 in total over maybe 3 or 4 years. But part of the fun for me is trying to stick it out and have the discipline not to be tempted to progress faster by spending money.

They're very good at arranging things so as to try to get yo to spend though, so not recommended unless you're a stubborn SOB like I am.

I still play RR2. Not into freemium

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I> @wim said:

I've been playing Real Racing 3 for years now for free. Well, I think I've been tempted a few times to spend, maybe $10 in total over maybe 3 or 4 years. But part of the fun for me is trying to stick it out and have the discipline not to be tempted to progress faster by spending money.

I still play RR2. Not into freemium

Considering the years of entertainment I’ve gotten out of it for nothin’, I got no complaints.

• Monument Valley 2 is free right now

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1187265767

• Lots of freebies these days. Thanks devs for helping people pass the time in the self-isolation.

• edited March 2020

Other currently free games worth your time:

Simulacra
    Cat Quest
    Sidewords
    Ocmo
    Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! (And the other games in the series)
    She and The Light Bearer
    Earth Atlantis
    #Breakforcist
    Takoway

At least the App Store in Germany has an official feature with a lot of those games if you don‘t want to search for them manually.

I especially recommend the bold ones.

• @Zaubrer said:

Simulacra
    Cat Quest
    Sidewords
    Ocmo
    She and The Light Bearer
    Earth Atlantis
    #Breakforcist
    Takoway

At least the App Store in Germany has an official feature with a lot of those games if you don‘t want to search for them manually.

Good list - Cat Quest is a fun Metroidvania style game which is great if you have kids, but also if you're a kiddult yourself :)

• @Zaubrer said:

Simulacra
    Cat Quest
    Sidewords
    Ocmo
    She and The Light Bearer
    Earth Atlantis
    #Breakforcist
    Takoway

Aw man i loved breakforcist. It was always over too fast for me. I just wasn’t good at it.