Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best workflow for getting Groovebox projects into Launchpad app?

I've been using and enjoying Groovebox for a while and just recently got the Launchpad app and I'm trying to figure out the most eloquent way to move Groovebox project to Launchpad. I've been exporting project and importing it into Launchpad but it gets annoying because of the way Groovebox names the files and how poorly the interface on Launchpad is when it comes to renaming loops. I see that there is a way to import a Block Wave project directly to Launchpad where it automatically brings them in in the same order etc. Is there a way to do this from Groovebox or even going Groovebox to Block Wave first?

Comments

• edited March 2020

Blocs wave

Send stuff from Groovebox into blocs wave .. then sync it from there with the launchpad app via the Launchpad share option in blocs :)

Sending from GB to blocs best done via files app for bulk or...if you want a pad at a time, you can select a pad in blocs..then switch to gb, And then send a whatever is in your current GB section to that pad......

Then just sync with LP again from blocs

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Blocs wave

Send stuff from Groovebox into blocs wave .. then sync it from there with the launchpad app via the Launchpad share option in blocs :)

Sending from GB to blocs best done via files app for bulk or...if you want a pad at a time, you can select a pad in blocs..then switch to gb, And then send a whatever is in your current GB section to that pad......

Thanks, downloading Blocks now.

• @rms13 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Blocs wave

Thanks, downloading Blocks now.

One thing, remember to set the key in each project to match, or not, if that’s your thing :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Blocs wave

Thats pretty much my workflow as well but Im considering just buying the Audio Import feature iap, or just the Pro Features Collection, just seems like a faster workflow from what I can tell. I sprung for all the iap's for Blocs Waves and Groovebox, and maybe getting them for Launchpad wouldnt be a bad thing, I only wish it could export stems from a recording and not just a stereo file.

• edited March 2020

Groovebox should get export features to Launchpad app alongside Ampify studio IMHO. Even ir you ask me Launchpad (or Ampify studio for iPad if never becomes released for the platform) should get midi clips/synth players from Groovebox so you can do similar workflow like Blocs/Launchpad. The grid control is there (you can Alink both) so it makes sense from my POV.
    The top of the cake could be novation releasing a new Circuit with increased sampling specs to allow loop clips and import from that Ampify studio/enhanced Launchpad app wherever they make it grow... but probably I’m just dreaming I know @AmpifyxNovation ...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Groovebox should get export features to Launchpad app alongside Ampify studio IMHO. Even ir you ask me Launchpad (or Ampify studio for iPad if never becomes released for the platform) should get midi clips/synth players from Groovebox so you can do similar workflow like Blocs/Launchpad. The grid control is there (you can Alink both) so it makes sense from my POV.
    The top of the cake could be novation releasing a new Circuit with increased sampling specs to allow loop clips and import from that Ampify studio/enhanced Launchpad app wherever they make it grow... but probably I’m just dreaming I know @AmpifyxNovation ...

+1
    Multi outputs or stem recording for any of their apps would also be great

• @GrimLucky said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

+1

Also, an option to “wrap tails” of loops wood be great.

• @jolico said:

@GrimLucky said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

+1

Also, an option to “wrap tails” of loops wood be great.

Well if they standardise the fx across apps you should get dry export (in the case of just flattening audio) but automatic fx assignation on Launchpad for example (that manual assignation is a bit tedious from Blocs to Launchpad ATM). If they implement synth player inside Launchpad then it could be done even efortless (including those fx in the channel itself).
    I think this could be in the pipeline but it requires more powerful iPads than the less powerful actual one supported by their apps (to keep users of course).

Also Ampify Studio seems a great hub for those apps and maybe they are working that path to funnel users and bring an alternative to Live... and when Catalyst become more popular then release an universal cross platform version or even cloud based one (ATM it seems an attempt to share sampler content across platforms based on cloud and recently they made a survey to beta users with some topics on all of this)

IDK but I think they are enough clever to find a good solution (or just grab my ideas an run :trollface: ) but IMHO pieces are getting ready step by step...

• you are exporting a sample from a DAW, it is a good idea to include the BPM and key of the sample in the name of the exported file; this will make the whole process very straightforward. When retrieving audio files from sample-library sites, in most cases the key and BPM information will be already given to you.

When you assign a sample to a pad, its tempo and key will change depending on the BPM and Key of the project. So it is important that you enter the original BPM and key of the Sample.

The Launchpad and Blocs wave audio import feature can automatically read key and BPM information if it is given in the file name of the sample. The best way to do this is by separating the key and BPM with a hyphen in the file name. (If you are importing directly from another Ampify app, then this information will also be given automatically.)

very good tip for importing folders. it's from Ampify's site