Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Korg Wavestate

2»

Comments

• @waka_x said:
    3 questions for Wavestate users:

1) if I design a patch on wavestate native (vst)
    can I transfer it to the wavestate hardware?!
    and how !?

2) is granular (sort of) synthesis possible on wavestate !?

3) any good not cheesy/experimental/weird/soundscape
    examples (audio or video) that push wavestate far out
    of presets (silly) sounds !?

thnx!!!

I'm thinking of getting one
    the last train ... (quite hard to get a new one nowadays...)

First question, yes you can transfer via export from the VST, you then import via software editor, clunky but works fine.

• BTW this guy has a made a few nice soundsets:

• @waka_x said:
    2) is granular (sort of) synthesis possible on wavestate !?

This guy does granular and other experimental stuff in his vids:

• @waka_x said:

I'm not sure if you and I have the same notion of "good" but I bought this preset pack and like it. Some are soundscapes, but some are suitable for music with a strong beat - the kind of preset you can record to your DAW, then make drum beats around it. Anton puts a lot of effort into understanding what the synth can do when he makes presets for it.

A lot of the fun of using Wavestate its tweaking the 8 Mod Knobs. All his presets make use of them

• Dont really like korg.

Wouldnt buy any apps eiher out of principle.

Nanokey and nanokontrol. Dodgy ports.

Volca drum just ruined trying to fix the button issues you get.

Volca modular is ready to sell mint.

Microkey air. Might buy a better keyboard.

Quality is probably worse than Behringer.

• Oh.

And the software for editing controllers definately broke my laptop.

Which Iv now got to download.

To change the midi channel on microkey. So I can test Branches and sell the volca modular.

Not my type of company.

• Forgot about that.

The laptop.

• You're right about some of their products @sigma79 but the Wavestate, although very light and "plasticky", is not one of them. It's built well enough for the price asked imo and the software version is well done too.

• is wavestate hardware that bad ?!:)
    serious users of it - any issues after 1-2 years ?!

also I was expecting more videos with patches using home baked samples
    and excentricities... cant find much :) all is too sweet and nice for my tastes.

• @waka_x said:
    is wavestate hardware that bad ?!:)

No, no problems here and the somewhat cheapish plastic feel was to be expected. You'll hardly get more synth for the money anywhere else.

and excentricities... cant find much :) all is too sweet and nice for my tastes.

You're free to freak out with samples of course!
    One reason for not using samples could be the insane amount of great factory samples. With some tweaking, they can get quite nasty as well.
    But it might be that synth owners building their own sound sets are becoming an extinct species.

Do you have any specific 'excentricity' examples in mind?

• @waka_x said:
    is wavestate hardware that bad ?!:)

Maybe consider the modwave, build quality isn’t like a tank, but it’s certainly working fine here after 2 years.

• what I had in mind as examples
    was musique concrete, field rec based scapes, sound collage and BOC-like tape-ish sound.

from outside these are doable and encouraged by wavestate lanes and fx
    but... I cant hear em anywhere...

• edited March 2023

I bought mine with idea of auto-sampling my Moog Matriarch and Subharmonicon, then loading those samples into Wavestate. Just for my selfish reasons, not to please anybody looking for "proof" it can sound allegedly "good". Just haven't gotten around to it because of my out of control gear spending at times.

This guy's Wavestate improvisation videos offended some peeps. Perhaps more will be offended thanks to me posting them here

• How to fake granular effects.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    How to fake granular effects.

Huh? This doesn't sound like granular at all.

• @rs2000 said:
    You're right about some of their products @sigma79 but the Wavestate, although very light and "plasticky", is not one of them. It's built well enough for the price asked imo and the software version is well done too.

Right.

I just sound like a knob tbh.

I can still maybe fix the drum.

It were never actually used ( just collecting dust ) but setup in a cool area, so it might make into a track. With defined IOS eco system built.

Maybe not.

Just need function button to work, out of buttons that dont work. When fixing. Pulled away speaker wire. Battery wire. Found out the graphite paint didnt work ( Golden Acrylic )

Tin foil kind of worked.

The Volca is actually saying.

Dont hurt me. Dont hurt me.

Tony. Tony.

• Maybe thats why Iv always been setimental about the drum ( although it isnt that great )

Its alive.

• Is Crystalized carbon ( Graphite )

Graphite?

• Hi all, Sorry if already asked and answered. I did a quick peek but did not see my question, so...I have been waiting for an IOS port since this Babe was first released. Does anyone know if it could end up in IOS land in our hot little hands? That would be a dream come true. Cheers, ED

• edited March 2023

@rs2000 said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    How to fake granular effects.

Huh? This doesn't sound like granular at all.

Comment on his vid and let him know

Much respect to you if you watched all 45 minutes before coming to that conclusion.

If not, ah who cares

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I bought mine with idea of auto-sampling my Moog Matriarch and Subharmonicon, then loading those samples into Wavestate. Just for my selfish reasons, not to please anybody looking for "proof" it can sound allegedly "good". Just haven't gotten around to it because of my out of control gear spending at times.

This guy's Wavestate improvisation videos offended some peeps. Perhaps more will be offended thanks to me posting them here

Thats mad.

• edited March 2023

@waka_x said:
    what I had in mind as examples
    was musique concrete, field rec based scapes, sound collage and BOC-like tape-ish sound.

from outside these are doable and encouraged by wavestate lanes and fx
    but... I cant hear em anywhere...

I imported the samples from my glitch machines palindrome and polygon into wave state native - nice stuff

I just set up multisamples in the korg software then bring them into wavestate just for filtering and fx- nurse with wound nightmare fuel .

• setAI: thats more I like it:)