Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer - Please think at least twice before buying anything from them

edited March 2020 in Other

In the light of recent events, I finally start to really question if it is morally fine to continue to buy Behringer stuff.

Today they publicly ridiculed a recognized music journalist, because he criticized them in the past.

I speak about Peter Kirn of CDM music (they also regularly publish about the iOS world). Behringer decided to release a mocking video about him. Some hours later it is deleted. Obviously you can still find it online.

This reached new levels, I think. A company should never abuse its power to denounce journalists or generally single people because of criticism.

Terrible.

Comments

• Uli apologized personally. FWIW :*

• @anickt said:
    Uli apologized personally. FWIW :*

Where‘s that?

• @Zaubrer said:

@anickt said:
    Uli apologized personally. FWIW :*

Where‘s that?

https://www.musictech.net/news/behringer-issues-official-response-regarding-the-kirn-corksniffer/

I am not a Behringer hater by any means, in fact there’s a lot about the company that I admire but holy hell that was an ill-advised video.

• The whole idea and particularly the ambiguous graphic - how this ever got greenlit would be a most interesting story.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited March 2020

I’m so glad that I got to grow up in an era when people had a sense of humor and didn’t get mortally offended so easily. Life was more fun before the world was so woke. But gotta adapt to the times.

Dumb move, but won’t be affecting my buying habits.

Any anti-Jewishness in there escaped my notice, but I’m sure will be pointed out here by someone. As for it being morallly wrong to insult journalists? Why? I’m lost. If they’re untouchable then they’re unaccountable as well. None of us should be.

• It’s a journalist against a big corporation with an army of lawyers. Humor from a position of power is just bullying.

• I think commentators/reviewers should stay out of hardware manufacturing and hardware manufacturers should stay out of commentary. Either way you look at it, their integrity suffers.

• @jipumarino said:
    It’s a journalist against a big corporation with an army of lawyers. Humor from a position of power is just bullying.

I make fun of you = I’m going to sue you? Sorry, I don’t get it.

• @wim said:

@jipumarino said:
    It’s a journalist against a big corporation with an army of lawyers. Humor from a position of power is just bullying.

It’s the other way around: you can’t make fun of them because you don’t know what could happen, so it’s asymmetrical. Moreover, they already have a reputation of suing forum members discussing their products.

• @wim said:
    I’m so glad that I got to grow up in an era when people had a sense of humor and didn’t get mortally offended so easily. Life was more fun before the world was so woke. But gotta adapt to the times.

Any anti-Jewishness in there escaped my notice, but I’m sure will be pointed out here by someone. As for it being morallly wrong to insult journalists? Why? I’m lost. If they’re untouchable then they’re unaccountable as well. None of us should be.

Ditto, I thought it was kind of funny myself and didn't for one minute think anything about a sort of jewish bent to it. Peter can be a bit of a dweeb sometimes too on his site, it's not like he's some angel people need to protect.

• The anti-semitic angle is idiotic. That is clearly Pinocchio’s nose. An anti Jewish caricature would depict a hook nose.
    I think I got even dumber learning about this nonsense.

• @wim said:

Agree... fucking snowflakes and other habitual victims can all piss off. So sick of this shit.

And besides, everyone, and I mean everyone is burying the lead on this story! The bigger story should be “German company attempts humor”...

• @Tarekith said:

@wim said:

Ditto, I thought it was kind of funny myself and didn't for one minute think anything about a sort of jewish bent to it. Peter can be a bit of a dweeb sometimes too on his site, it's not like he's some angel people need to protect.

Agree... Peter comes off as an Uber-pretentious prick. Thus, I though the joke was spot on...

Disappointed to see Behringer back off...

But you know what they say about “the people you’re not allowed to criticize...”

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@jipumarino said:

@wim said:

@jipumarino said:

It’s the other way around: you can’t make fun of them because you don’t know what could happen, so it’s asymmetrical. Moreover, they already have a reputation of suing forum members discussing their products.

Journalists aren’t without power either though. They can have great influence, and they have some of the best protections of any class of people (esp. in the US, where it’s written into the Constitution).

But ... I’ll drop it. I really don’t even care a tiny bit, so I have no idea why I trolled the topic in the first place. Just feeling obnoxious I guess. :D

• “German company attempts humor”...

⬆️ Genau!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said
    The bigger story should be “German company attempts humor”...

Quote of the day right there! :D

• The apology is too little and too late. Everyone jumping to Behringers defense here are absolutely clueless, every single one of you. You’re sheep. Cheap sheep. Uli Behringer is a man with psychopathic personality traits. He don’t give a shit if you can afford a synth or not, just like he don’t give a shit about using slave labor and exploiting people in every way possible to get his way. He’s a mythomaniac (kinda like Trump, for reference).

• J_BJ_B
    edited March 2020

@ChrisG said:
    The apology is too little and too late. Everyone jumping to Behringers defense here are absolutely clueless, every single one of you. You’re sheep. Cheap sheep. Uli Behringer is a man with psychopathic personality traits. He don’t give a shit if you can afford a synth or not, just like he don’t give a shit about using slave labor and exploiting people in every way possible to get his way. He’s a mythomaniac (kinda like Trump, for reference).

Did you just actually unironically drop a “wake up sheeple”

• @ChrisG said:
    He don’t give a shit if you can afford a synth or not, just like he don’t give a shit about using slave labor and exploiting people in every way possible to get his way.

Do you get this high and mighty about Apple?

He’s a mythomaniac (kinda like Trump, for reference).

Or Steve Jobs.

The videos stupid - but the way people get upset at Behringer for business practices that are pretty standard in engineering world is bizarre.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:

+1

• @ChrisG said:
    The apology is too little and too late. Everyone jumping to Behringers defense here are absolutely clueless, every single one of you. You’re sheep. Cheap sheep. Uli Behringer is a man with psychopathic personality traits. He don’t give a shit if you can afford a synth or not, just like he don’t give a shit about using slave labor and exploiting people in every way possible to get his way. He’s a mythomaniac (kinda like Trump, for reference).

I don’t think people are defending Behringer so much as puzzling over why this is such a big deal.

• Do behringers come with fire extinguishers or do you have to buy them extra? :smiley:

• @wim said:
    [...]
    As for it being morallly wrong to insult journalists? Why? I’m lost. If they’re untouchable then they’re unaccountable as well. None of us should be.

Each to their own, but this wasn’t a lighthearted jab — they trademarked the guy’s last name with the sole intent of slinging mud. If someone was working that hard to slag you off I’m sure you’d have a harder time laughing it away.

• edited March 2020

Hmmm, I have been watching this play out in a number of forums and this one seems to have an interesting take. While I don’t think the intent of the post was antisemitic I do find it a bit disturbing that a large corporation feels ok with going after a blogger that was, well reporting how he felt about said large corporation. It was a joke, yes, and i’m not going to sell my DeepMind12d because of it, but don’t you find it a bit odd that they would try to trademark Peter Kirns name and go on the offensive because he wrote some possible negative press against them? Call me what you will but i’m way past the snowflake moniker (76 yo!) but I always thought the intent of art was speaking some semblance of truth to power? Again deep genX so jokes are jokes but, ya know... kinda weird, don’t you think?

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@jrjulius said:

@wim said:
    [...]
    As for it being morallly wrong to insult journalists? Why? I’m lost. If they’re untouchable then they’re unaccountable as well. None of us should be.

Each to their own, but this wasn’t a lighthearted jab — they trademarked the guy’s last name with the sole intent of slinging mud. If someone was working that hard to slag you off I’m sure you’d have a harder time laughing it away.

No. I’d be laughing right along with them. Honestly. I’d also be proud as heck that I was able to get under their skin like that, and laughing my head off at their thin skin. All the while plotting how to one-up them.

The trademark thing was indeed too much though. Dumb as hell that one. Can’t see it caused any real harm though other than the insult.

Still, I’d be loving the publicity if I was that journalist. Never heard of the guy before and Behringer just handed him instant notoriety.

• @ChrisG said:

You’re the clueless one. His name is LITERALLY on the fucking company sign! He OWNS the fucking company. It’s not public. It’s his company for fuck’s sake. What have you accomplished?

No one here gives a shit that you limp dick snowflakes get your panties in a twist about a video. Least of all Uli...

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@ChrisG said:

You’re the clueless one. His name is LITERALLY on the fucking company sign! He OWNS the fucking company. It’s not public. It’s his company for fuck’s sake. What have you accomplished?

No one here gives a shit that you limp dick snowflakes get your panties in a twist about a video. Least of all Uli...

I think you’ve misunderstood. They trademarked the last name of the journalist. Not cool. They have since given up their TM claim, but still look like bratty children for the stunt.

• I'm very thankful that the real world, at least the one I'm surrounded by every day, isn't full of people getting outraged, or worse, feigning it, over miniscule things. I used to take solace in the internet due to my distaste for the real world; nowadays I find myself relieved each time I have to go out into it again.

This discussion has been closed.