Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“download Adobe Flash” and other malicious pop-up ads on iOS Safari

How do I get rid of it? All of the web pages describe tips for Mac. I can’t find out how to delete malicious extensions in iOS.

Comments

• The impression I have received is that it is issues with the websites more than the browser. Are you on the most recent iOS version for your device?

• I’m on 13.3. I’m getting the virus hijack on both the NYT and CNN.

• Hmmm. If I’ve ever had it happen to me, I’ve just closed the window and gone to the website again/ possibly closed and restarted Safari and visited the website again. Used to notice it on my phone, but haven’t noticed it recently. Perhaps Apple needs to issue an update.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    How do I get rid of it? All of the web pages describe tips for Mac. I can’t find out how to delete malicious extensions in iOS.

Have you tried clearing cookies & web data in Safari in Settings?... That sort of thing?..

• edited February 2020

There almost certainly aren’t any malicious extensions in iOS. It’s almost certainly not a virus.

You’re possibly being served this message from ads based on cookies from other sites you visited.

Have you got “block malicious websites” turned on? It’s in settings->Safari and you can also turn on the “Prevent cross site tracking” option too. Also turn on “Block pop ups”.

And then clear all history and website data. You can see what kind of website data is stored on your phon if you go into the advanced section of safari settings.

If it persists get 1Blocker. It’s the best blocker on iOS and will stop most of these kind of annoyances.

• Jep it’s most likely just a pop up

• edited February 2020

Just a suggestion here. iPadOS 13 Safari requests the Desktop website by default. These sites (or their ads) may not be too bright about handling that, and assume you're on a PC. You can change this in the Safari Settings.

I just checked the "user agent" sent by Safari. It says it's Mac OS_X 10_15, and flash is available on the Intel Macs, so the site's suggestion is what you'd expect. I didn't know that; thought Apple >< flash could never meet.

• It’s a malicious advertisement.

Pure and simple.

Other people are getting it too on every platform. This is from Cabel Sasser from Panic software (in other words he knows his shit)

@cabel: I can't load CNN right now without being immediately redirected to a Flash malware site. It's time to give up on online advertising.

• Wow! Just tried this and y'all are right. Using Chrome on iPadOS, a CNN Apple news page loads normally. Same thing in Safari (Desktop site) brings up this annoying popup. That's awful. However, I use the Privacy Pro app which blocks DNS requests for sneaky sites; had to turn it off to reproduce the Safari behavior.

• Yeah 1Blocker stops it too. You can bypass all of that crap and go to the text only version of CNN:

http://lite.cnn.com/en

Shows how quick a website can be without all the crap they use to track and sell stuff to you.

• It went away today. Until just now—I’m getting a different hijack pop up on the NYT just now. It must be site-specific.

• @studs1966 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Have you tried clearing cookies & web data in Safari in Settings?... That sort of thing?..

Exactly, that's what I would recommend.
    Before doing that, make sure you have all your login credentials at hand!

It went away today. Until just now—I’m getting a different hijack pop up on the NYT just now. It must be site-specific.

These are actually ads, served by one of the big ad providers, like googleadservices. The site doesn't know what it's getting. The sneaky guys put their junk into the ad stream.

Have you tried changing Safari Settings to use the Mobile site, instead of Desktop?

Maybe you could change the thread topic's name to something about blocking pop-ups as that's the issue and not a virus.