Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Schulmerich Bells

I had a lot of fun this weekend creating this new track using a wonderful set of Schulmerich Handbells Samples which i put together as an „instrument“ inside of AudioLayer.
The raw samples were created by Jon Meyer and i love them...

I used ScatterBrain from @brambos here for the first time and i like the outcome very much.

I hope you like it and am awaiting your comments.
Enjoy and thanks for your time!
Stay safe.

@rs2000 @kinkujin @McD

Comments

• Excellent! Tasty, funky, melodic, a touch of indie and a hint of meditative without being cheesy at all.

Love it 👏🥂

• I love the way you layer different sounds in your work. You always get great recordings/samples
    that really pull me into a reality and then you bring in a second layer that shatters the reality of the first and then you... But you do hit the EXIT button. Then I fell back into the real reality and miss being
    layered.

Lovely Bell samples... very nice recordings. What happens when you pitch shift some of them down a couple octaves in AudioLayer? Yet another reality? I know you can pitch shift a basic growl down and make a Dragon's roar and maybe layer back in the original growl. This area of sound design is generally unexplored here but we do have some great tools to do it.

• @McD said:
    I love the way you layer different sounds in your work. You always get great recordings/samples
    that really pull me into a reality and then you bring in a second layer that shatters the reality of the first and then you... But you do hit the EXIT button. Then I fell back into the real reality and miss being
    layered.

Lovely Bell samples... very nice recordings. What happens when you pitch shift some of them down a couple octaves in AudioLayer? Yet another reality? I know you can pitch shift a basic growl down and make a Dragon's roar and maybe layer back in the original growl. This area of sound design is generally unexplored here but we do have some great tools to do it.

I can imagine the bells sounding even sweeter when pitched up to angelic heights 😇

• Lovely....great bell sounds and nice arrangement...

• @rs2000 said:
    I can imagine the bells sounding even sweeter when pitched up to angelic heights 😇

Or dropped into a massive Shimmer Reverb. There's a lot to explore with a clean sample as fodder...

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:

Or dropped into a massive Shimmer Reverb. There's a lot to explore with a clean sample as fodder...

I should try sampling our wine glasses 🥂 🍷 and pitch them down, good idea @McD!

• Thanks all!

@mlau
    I take that as a compliment? 🤓

• McDMcD
    edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:
    I should try sampling our wine glasses 🥂 🍷 and pitch them down, good idea @McD!

So true... sample anything that has some tone or character like using a brush on a large fork. We can speed up or slow down reality. Sample the cat's meow and maybe slice it for a pitched/looped sample.
    Make a cat choir sample. The mind reels with the possibilities... or buy more apps. Your choice.

@MrBlaschke has a track where he sampled dropping coffee beans onto a hard surface (or was it a plate?). He's really into the new quality sounds and these mic's (even the iPhone mic) can capture useful sound materials.

And the @SampleHeads sing "Duh"... then you trigger said sounds and make loops and layer loops into songs and packing songs into releases.

• Very cool and interesting track. Reminds me of a bell my wife gave me to sample that I still haven’t gotten around to.

Thanks!

• @MrBlaschke the sound reminded me of this track... which can’t be bad 😎