Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg NanoKontrol 2 or Behringer X-touch mini

edited February 2020 in Other

I need to be able to send
midi start/stop and continuous
midi controller messages for faders etc, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• That’s a bit of an apples / elephants comparison, no?

I have the Korg, it does what you ask for, I think, and I am pretty happy with it. No motor faders though, no scribble strips and of course only one sixth the price.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    That’s a bit of an apples / elephants comparison, no?

I have the Korg, it does what you ask for, I think, and I am pretty happy with it. No motor faders though, no scribble strips and of course only one sixth the price.

No, if it where the X-touch itself then it would be.

It's actually the x-touch mini which is in
    the same price region as the Korg nano.

I noted that the Korg has both rotary encoders and faders,
    does it also have Mackie Hui functionality?

The X-Touch mini is £35.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-X-TOUCH-MINI-Midi-Controller/dp/B012CSKTYY

Looks a lot like a NanoKontrol...

I think you might be thinking about one of the bigger Behringer's?

• edited February 2020

@Gravitas said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

No, if it where the X-touch itself then it would be.

It's actually the x-touch mini which is in
    the same price region as the Korg nano.

I've got a NanoKey, not a control but it uses the same software to set it up...

These are the control options for the NanoKontrol:

There are also plug-ins available for Logic (which i think are currently broken)

HTH

• @klownshed said:

@Gravitas Ah, my bad. Yes, that looks more comparable. The Korg looks more comprehensive in the control surface department. The one big issue is that it needs a desktop to change the CC assignments. If your target app has Midi learn you’re golden, if not it gets fiddly. The same goes for the nanoKey Studio.

On the positive side, both devices absolutely defy their flimsy appearance. Have them for about four years, traveled, even moved house - still going strong.

@klownshed said:

@Gravitas Ah, my bad. Yes, that looks more comparable. The Korg looks more comprehensive in the control surface department. The one big issue is that it needs a desktop to change the CC assignments. If your target app has Midi learn you’re golden, if not it gets fiddly. The same goes for the nanoKey Studio.

On the positive side, both devices absolutely defy their flimsy appearance. Have them for about four years, traveled, even moved house - still going strong.

@Philandering_Bastard no worries, easy enough done.

Good to know.

@klownshed

Thanks for the info.

I'm not using desktops at the moment so seeing the
    cc messages that NanoKontrol outputs is a great boon.

Does it send out MMC codes do you know?

• @Gravitas said:

The KORG have potentiometers not encoders

• I was browsing online yesterday.

I found a Korg Nanokontrol for £10 not 20 mins away from were I live in London.

One careful owner.
    He even provided the original receipt and box.

So, obviously I purchased it.
    Returned home.

Plugged it.

Lovely.

• Is it possible to change the sensitivity on the knobs with the Behringer X-TOUCH? It looks like you have to turn the knobs 2 times 360 degres to move the virtual knob of 360 degres.

It's the reason why I sold my Beatstep.