Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Question

When I mixdown a track in a Cubasis the result is considerably longer lately than the original tracks. Say 3:10 versus 3:30!! Obviously the track is being slowed down. Real time mode produces same result.
Any answers out there? Thanks!

Comments

• Are you sure it's not padding the output track with 20 seconds of silence? If the output stays "in tune" then it's not likely it's slowing down. Does the BPM change? If the BPM changes then it's "time stretching"
    and there might be some setting making that happen. Tome stretching slips extra cycles of sound into the audio stream to maintain pitch while changing BPM settings. It's usually used for adjust loops of audio but could be applied to a whole project, I guess. But It would take minutes to render. Like when you freeze tracks... it's a CPU intensive act. If its fast then silence is probably be added. I have had this behavior in Cubasis for a long time.

Try Cubasis 3... now you have a reason tp spend the money and support your favorite DAW vendor.
    Then tells us what you like (or don't) about the new version. Probably better not to talk about the don'ts since Cubasis 3 is probably not selling like hotcakes. Hotcakes are doing that well either due to Gluten Intolerance... which is a real thing, BTW. The mass produced wheat has been GMO'ed to a new protein that causes stomach wall irritations... big time pain for many.

• It'a a known issue. My 5 minute songs would mixdown to 15 minutes. Set locators and choose mixdown between locators as a workaround.

• @MobileMusic , nope not a locator thing. I have to stretch the right locator to accommodate the mixdown.
    @McD, the pitch is not changing. Here’s a screenshot...

• Effects tail selected in mix down option?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MobileMusic , nope not a locator thing. I have to stretch the right locator to accommodate the mixdown.
    @McD, the pitch is not changing. Here’s a screenshot...

So that looks to me like you might be recording in 44.1 hz and it switched to 48hz. That what it was when it happened to me. Maybe??

• edited February 2020

@NoiseHorse, yes, seems so. Here’s a shot at 48
    Shorter, but still not a match.

• edited February 2020

Check effect tail.

I noticed plugging in headphones switches project to 48K

• edited February 2020

Ya try re-mixdowning to what you recorded Soft Drummer in. IMO the Hz- swap issue is a pain. It’s just kinda where we’re at in this multi-device multi-format IOS hodgepodge of files.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Ya try re-mixdowning to what you recorded Soft Drummer in. IMO the Hz- swap issue is a pain. It’s just kinda where we’re at in this multi-device multi-format IOS hodgepodge of files.

I doubt it's an iOS issue. Why do other DAWs work then?

• McDMcD
    edited February 2020

It's probably related to 44.1 vs 48Khz messing up the rendering as others called out.
    Are you sure the output isn't a tad flat? When you play the final audio track with the original MIDI does it sound awful?

190 seconds/210 seconds = 0.905
    44.1/48 = 0.919

Close.

• @McD, the final audio track and the midi veer apart. I guess the midi goes faster than the audio.

• From one of the many threads here that discussed all the different Cubasis mixdown issues in the past, here's what I would suggest to try:

• Make a duplicate of your project and work on that
    • freeze each MIDI track one-by-one
    • Make sure all frozen audio versions line up with the respective MIDI track (if not, then you've already found the bugger!)
    • Delete each MIDI track so only the frozen audio version remains
    • Mix down again.
  • Cubasis had this always, for at least some IAA or AU Apps.
    Sometimes, changing the audio settings helped, sometimes only using other Apps.
    I stopped using Cubasis since the release of the 3.x version and the latest "updates" to Cubasis 2.x

• @tja, I can see how some would get discouraged with CB at this point, but I am not. I will try mixing down individual tracks to see if I can validate your theory that it could be a particular app.

Soon as CB3 is on sale I will go for it. My tracks and mixes are pretty straightforward analog based stuff. I don’t use any advanced features so I don’t run into much trouble using it.

• Would be curious to see if you can solve this, @LinearLineman !

• @tja said:
    Cubasis had this always, for at least some IAA or AU Apps.
    I stopped using Cubasis since the release of the 3.x version and the latest "updates" to Cubasis 2.x

How come you stopped using them? Was it because of the same mix down dramas?

• @wiLtroniqué said:

@tja said:
    Cubasis had this always, for at least some IAA or AU Apps.

How come you stopped using them? Was it because of the same mix down dramas?

This and that the update to Cubasis 2.x after release of Cubasis 3.x broke some things for me, including CPU spikes with massive crackles.

I think, some of this is documented here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36274/cubasis-2-8-2-cubasis-le-2-8-2-available
    And also in the Cubasis 3 release thread.

Anyway, I was finally frustrated enough to let loose.

Maybe I try again in the future, but I will not buy Cubasis 3.
    That ship is sunken for me.

• Bugs are temporary :smile:

• @MobileMusic said:
    Bugs are temporary :smile:

Not necessarily with Steinberg, I had to learn.

• Just a follow up. I did a track last night and there was no problem in mixdown. Same lengths l @tja, I think you are correct. An app or effect is the problem.