Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Valentines’s Day Sales...❤️❤️❤️

2»

Comments

• 4Pockets Shimmer on sale down to $4.99

• Page 2 and still no purchase :( come on devs its Valentines day sale time, bring out the big guns!
    After a hard days work selling furniture, home decor and electronics and raping people with adds of all pixel sizes full of hearts with discount percentages I need something heavy to ease the pain :# <3
    Where is the luxurious daw offer with a heart full of -50%?
    The bundle of filterly love to eq the soul with -dB & -% ?

• I'd forgotten about Poseidon. Damn, that's a sweet synth. I guess they all are.

• Tonality: Piano/Guitar Chords by Bryce Hostetler

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1467552236

Down from $4.99 to $2.99

• @TonalityApp said:
    I'll probably put Tonality on sale

I just discovered Tonality from this thread and seeing the sale I bought it.

Thank you for making such an excellent tool. I had a reverse chord finder on my Android phone for guitar and have been really wanting one on the iPad. It's phenomenal.

The only thing I wish for is the ability to enter in custom guitar tunings into the reverse lookup. Many times if I'm playing around with a tuning and I stumble upon a cool chord or interesting shape I want to know the chord name.

I guess theoretically I could have my guitar in an alternate tuning and play the chord and the automatic detection in Tonality will pick up the chord, but I really prefer to be able to set the tuning manually and then enter the notes/shape on the fretboard.

But beyond that one small nitpick, Tonality is incredible. In college I took two years of music theory but it can make your eyes glaze over sometimes, having this information right there on my iPad is extremely helpful.

Be cool...

• @JRSIV Glad you enjoy it! Custom tunings are definitely on my list. Until I get around to it, did you see that you can still change the tuning from settings? There are a fair amount of preset options and changing the tuning there will change it for the reverse search.

• @TonalityApp is something everyone can benefit from. It’s great.

• Thanks Fred Anton Corvest for the Sale, much appreciated.

Anyway not much love from App sellers... it seems that "You can't buy love" and you have to buy full price or more from your lovers :smiley:

• Now that’s exactly what I was talking about B)

Im buying tonality too becouse you never cant know to much you know

• Most kind Fred AC !

Snapped up the remaining couple I didn’t have.

Commendations on your fine work in creating such a capable iOS toolset which substantially enhances no end of auditory delights.

• regarding yeasterday - i think lot more important about yeasterday thantha one widely known ;-)

• @TonalityApp said:
    @JRSIV Glad you enjoy it! Custom tunings are definitely on my list. Until I get around to it, did you see that you can still change the tuning from settings? There are a fair amount of preset options and changing the tuning there will change it for the reverse search.

Outstanding, the app is so deep I missed the settings for tuning changes. So cool.

• @JRSIV said:

@TonalityApp said:
    I'll probably put Tonality on sale

I just discovered Tonality from this thread and seeing the sale I bought it.

Thank you for making such an excellent tool. I had a reverse chord finder on my Android phone for guitar and have been really wanting one on the iPad. It's phenomenal.

The only thing I wish for is the ability to enter in custom guitar tunings into the reverse lookup. Many times if I'm playing around with a tuning and I stumble upon a cool chord or interesting shape I want to know the chord name.

I guess theoretically I could have my guitar in an alternate tuning and play the chord and the automatic detection in Tonality will pick up the chord, but I really prefer to be able to set the tuning manually and then enter the notes/shape on the fretboard.

But beyond that one small nitpick, Tonality is incredible. In college I took two years of music theory but it can make your eyes glaze over sometimes, having this information right there on my iPad is extremely helpful.

Be cool...

Agree :) music theory has its place but I actually think it’s obstructive to invention so I stopped digging. This app is exactly what I needed, just enough to find out how I need to write the tab Etc of a song for memory. I think I’ll use it in combination with te excelllent Chords! App to make song sheets

• @dendy said:

regarding yeasterday - i think lot more important about yeasterday thantha one widely known ;-)

+1 people need to know more about epilepsy.

• edited February 2020

Not sure if the deal is still active (was last night) but something you might want to keep your eye on in the future =
    https://soundbytesmag.net/review-wusik-station-v-9/

from Wusik.com ... It’s worth it for the 18gb of sounds alone..but $10 sale price gets you a multi layer synth, multi format sampler/wave sequencer with granular and many other modes, Excellent internal effects, vst/au hosting and endless modulation possibilities. It’s like a budget omnisphere, but lighter on CPU. oh and it supports .tun files for alternate tunings that you can program to vary throughout your performance.

It goes on sale fairly often from what I’ve heard. Just bought it last night and wish I got the entire bundle of plugins.

• @Eschatone said:
    Not sure if the deal is still active (was last night) but something you might want to keep your eye on in the future =

from Wusik.com ... It’s worth it for the 18gb of sounds alone..but $10 sale price gets you a multi layer synth, multi format sampler/wave sequencer with granular and many other modes, Excellent internal effects, vst/au hosting and endless modulation possibilities. It’s like a budget omnisphere, but lighter on CPU. oh and it supports .tun files for alternate tunings that you can program to vary throughout your performance.

It goes on sale fairly often from what I’ve heard. Just bought it last night and wish I got the entire bundle of plugins.

+1
    Wusik Station 9, Wusik 8008 and the newest one, ZR. All must have’s. Ridiculously low priced all the time then there’s discounts that pop up at least yearly...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Eschatone said:

+1
    Wusik Station 9, Wusik 8008 and the newest one, ZR. All must have’s. Ridiculously low priced all the time then there’s discounts that pop up at least yearly...

I was close to biting on ZR too but already have quite a few synths with sample-based oscs, so wasn’t sure if it’d add anything new to my sound pallet. I’ll have to give it a closer look though.

Just now getting acquainted with 8008 and I couldn’t agree more, it’s quite an amazing hidden gem.

• edited February 2020

@Eschatone said:

Sorry to derail... is there a comparative app with omnisphere on iOS? I never really understood what omnisphere is or what is behind te huge hype as I’m not a huge vst pc user and it’s always made me curious. Whenever I heard examples they sounded horrible (Just to my taste), very edm and I don’t know digital or artificial, so I never investigated further. I’d didn’t know if it was an app that is amazing for EDM guys or if there was something else to it i was missing (there are many great apps for EDM I’m sure that I can’t stand, poison alchemy etc, which I know have value because I hear people with different taste eulogizing - was very confusing for me whe I first listened though or used!).

• edited February 2020

@wingwizard said:

@Eschatone said:

Sorry to derail... is there a comparative app with omnisphere on iOS? I never really understood what omnisphere is or what is behind te huge hype as I’m not a huge vst pc user and it’s always made me curious. Whenever I heard examples they sounded horrible (Just to my taste), very edm and I don’t know digital or artificial, so I never investigated further. I’d didn’t know if it was an app that is amazing for EDM guys or if there was something else to it i was missing (there are many great apps for EDM I’m sure that I can’t stand, poison alchemy etc, which I know have value because I hear people with different taste eulogizing - was very confusing for me whe I first listened though or used!).

At its core, Omnisphere is a multi-layer sample and DSP based synth with extensive modulation via complex adsrs, lfos and sequencers, includes a wide range of synthesis and sample engines (Granular, FM, RM, Subtractive, wavetable, etc) and more included effects than most synths on the market.

You can roll your own samples and make it sound like anything you can imagine, but one of the bigger selling points is the massive library of samples and presets it comes with. (I think it’s over 14k presets now) culled from dozens of modern and vintage synths, acoustic instruments, fx, foley, etc.

Nothing like it on iOS — but you can get fairly close if you use multiple plugins in a host like AUM. Layr Multi-timbral synth can do up to 256 voices of multi-layered synthesis (limited only by CPU) - compared to a max of 512 voices in Omnisphere.. So that’d cover the subtractive parts. Layer in some multi-samples with Virsyn Audiolayer , and maybe an effects rack like Gospel Musician’s IFX Rack. Top it off with Audio Damage Quanta if you want granular and maybe Synthmaster One for wavetable synthesis. sprinkle on plenty of midi modulation (Rozeta sequencer suite is a good start) and Atom Piano Roll ..

It won’t be as seamless a workflow as having all that in a single monster synth, but some of the plugins I mentioned can do more things with it’s focused specialty than a jack of all trades like Omnisphere. (Quanta has a more capable granular engine than Omni’s, for example)

• I’m not that familiar with Omnisphere, but I’d say if you had to pick one single app that covers the most bases in terms of sound creation it’s probably Pure Synth Platinum.