Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Robert Fripp uses M3000 & Thumbjam!

2»

Comments

• @Gravitas said:

@wim said:
    Sweat on my strings I can handle any day. Blood now, that’s annoying, let me tell you.

If it's my sweat I'm okay.

Blood on my strings???
    That's a no no.

That normally indicates bad technique.

heh, heh ya think?

There was this one time though that I was playing after having recently cut my finger and it opened up in the middle of a song. I felt like Rob Zombie or something but had to finish the song.

It was in church. :D

• @wim said:

@Gravitas said:

@wim said:
    Sweat on my strings I can handle any day. Blood now, that’s annoying, let me tell you.

If it's my sweat I'm okay.

Blood on my strings???
    That's a no no.

That normally indicates bad technique.

heh, heh ya think?

There was this one time though that I was playing after having recently cut my finger and it opened up in the middle of a song. I felt like Rob Zombie or something but had to finish the song.

It was in church. :D

Ouch.

I've been there.

It's a crazy story.
    Long and short of it ended up playing
    one New Years Eve with my
    finger wrapped in a bandage.

I was playing drums.

So yeah I hear you and in church?

Ouch!!!!

Yes, you definitely have to finish the song then.

• @Gravitas said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I really recommend listening to the three albums of the early 80s. Phenomenal stuff, especially "Discipline". Bill Bruford, Adrian Belew, Tony Levin, and Fripp. Me and some friends grew up with that, while others were digging Duran Duran and Culture Club...

>

Must have a listen. So you were a teenager in the early 80s? I'm about a decade older, so listened to a bit of what was referred to at the time as prog rock in the mid 70s, and distanced ourselves from it (to put it politely) when punk appeared. It's funny how what my friends regarded as pretentious old crap became your peer group's hidden gems - and also interesting how the best of those musicians (Fripp, Hassell, Belew, Eno) came back into fashion via collaborations with post punk (and some pre punk like David Bowie and Iggy Pop) musicians.
    Culture Club weren't that bad though, just a pop band with some catchy tunes. If you want really bad, how about Haysi Fantayzee or Flock of Seagulls?

• IMHO Flock of Seagulls had some good songs. That hair though!

• During the 80's, I HATED most music on the radio. My dad was big into Classic Rock and Prog Rock, and that heavily informed my listening from an early age. Since I dug distorted guitars, I fell into metal and hair metal in the 80's, and it was my older sister who listened to the Top 40 (either Casey Kasem or Rick Dees) religiously every week. I despised most of that garbage.

It wasn't until I was older when I gained an appreciation for it all in hindsight. Tastes change, times change, etc. I like and listen to music now would make 15-year-old me cringe. I think there's good to be found most places, and now I have a deep deep love for all the music I thought was crap when I was a kid.

Food for thought, especially regarding Culture Club and Flock of Seagulls ;)

• edited February 2020

@Daveypoo said:
    During the 80's, I HATED most music on the radio. My dad was big into Classic Rock and Prog Rock, and that heavily informed my listening from an early age. Since I dug distorted guitars, I fell into metal and hair metal in the 80's, and it was my older sister who listened to the Top 40 (either Casey Kasem or Rick Dees) religiously every week. I despised most of that garbage.

It wasn't until I was older when I gained an appreciation for it all in hindsight. Tastes change, times change, etc. I like and listen to music now would make 15-year-old me cringe. I think there's good to be found most places, and now I have a deep deep love for all the music I thought was crap when I was a kid.

Food for thought, especially regarding Culture Club and Flock of Seagulls ;)

The view backwards might always be turning out the same: Trying to listen to today's radio shows, which I usually can't endure for more than 15 minutes, I really start to appreciate some of the music i despised then (the 80s, in this case), thinking: it wasn't nearly as bad then as it is now.

@pauly: so, actually Culture Club was quite good, musically... maybe the problem then was not how it sounded, but who were the people who liked it.

• The view backwards might always be turning out the same: Trying to listen to today's radio shows, which I usually can't endure for more than 15 minutes, I really start to appreciate some of the music i despised then (the 80s, in this case), thinking: it wasn't nearly as bad then as it is now.

I still can't bring myself to like Haysi Fantayzee though.

• @pauly said:

The view backwards might always be turning out the same: Trying to listen to today's radio shows, which I usually can't endure for more than 15 minutes, I really start to appreciate some of the music i despised then (the 80s, in this case), thinking: it wasn't nearly as bad then as it is now.

I still can't bring myself to like Haysi Fantayzee though.

or Dead or Alive and Milli Vanilli, for that matter.

But then again "Barbie Girl" or "Cotton Eye Joe" came later, so there is lots of evidence that it can always get worse. Always.