Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectMidi or iConnectAudio... that is the question.

Hello guys,

Want to ask you somethings is not work: I'm weating for iConnectMidi4+, and I know some of you are weating like me...

Now I see that on summer they make iConnectAudio4+ and I'm tented to swiching on this because of the Audio (I own an old Mbox 1)...

What do you think about?

What I lose and what is not better buyng this?

Comments

• I think iConnectAudio can be a better choice only if the price will be the same, and only in you need to record audio.
    It's funny to replay in English to a question of another italian. :D

• @Dramatispersona13 oh...where are you from?

edit: Di dove sei?

• @sinapsya Thanks for pointing me to that! I wasn't aware they were going to offer something like that. I think this would probably be my choice. Although it would be nice to have one more computer port like on the midi 4+. Maybe they could still add that. Also I wonder if you could hook up any good powered USB hub for additional controllers. I would guess so. And I wonder how the audio part of it would compare to some of the other dedicated audio interfaces. I hope this one won't be delayed as much as the midi 4+...

• @Sinapsya Latina, are you from Rome right?

• @Dramatispersona13 yes, Fiumicino...near you :)

• @Munibeast On Audio4+ you can connect 2 devices (1 iOS + 1 mac/pc or 2 iOS ) or an usb hub with up to 8 audio and midi usb devices connected.

The Audio is 24 bit 96 krz

I need to know the real audio latency from some guy of here that have the Midi2+

• I have the 2+, and was able to get the latency pretty low- it's been a while, but definitely under 128 samples.
    Problem was, ASIO4ALL kept getting locked to 512. I somehow was able to adjust it once or twice, but every other time the buffer slider would be locked. I'm someone who has sung the praises of ASIO4ALL for probably a decade, so that was doubly frustrating for me!

I bought the 2+ for MIDI, and the audio pass thru was just an extra bonus, so I haven't really pursued it. iConnect tried to be helpful, but never came up with a solution- I just stumbled on one, probably based on the order of connecting things or loading apps. I assume if this issue was widespread, we'd know about it.

• I have a Mac....anyone here have Midi2+ on MacosX???

If you record a Kick from a drum machine, how many millisecond it's over the midi note??

• I use a midi 2+ with Mac osX the latency is pretty low, I've never bothered to check how many ms of latency I'm getting, but I can check it today.
    Is there anyone else having issues of the ipad saying that the iConnectMidi is not supported because it requires to much power? I am having this issue a lot since the latest firmware update, I'm on an ipad mini retina, iOS 7.0.4 and I'm using an original 30-pin to lightning adapter

• Ok, so I did the latency test here, on Logic X, Mac OS 10.9.1, Mac mini i7 2.6, 16Gb Ram, IconnectMidi 2+ Firmware 1.0.6 (giving me errors that the Ipad can't send it enough power), Ipad mini retina, with iOS 7.0.4
    I did the test with 4 different apps, Stroke Machine, DM1, IMS-20 and Nave, and guess what, I got four different latencies, nave being the best of them, with about 11 ms, and IMS-20 the worst, giving around 80 ms, here's a screenshot, with the midi note on top

• edited February 2014

I don't know why, but I am not able to upload the screenshot, or post a link to it on my dropbox

• @Rafael_laurenti Thank you very much ....11 ms ....I think is usable

Do you have a power supply?

I don't buy it because in europe can't buy power supply...probably your problem depends of this...

• Yes! it is pretty usable, I am a soundtrack composer and I use it all the time for synths, beats and most of the 'electronic music' part of my work

I tried using a power supply with the same specs, cause I'm in Brazil, so I can't buy one either, and sometimes it charges my ipad, sometimes it keeps connecting and disconnecting, and sometimes it crashes and the ipad restarts on its own, that restarting thing is happening without the charger too, but the manual states that the charger isn't needed, only if you want to share the ipad while in use. And the problem wasn't happening with the last firmware that I was in iConnectMidi, so I believe that this is a issue of the update.

• sorry, the corrector changed 'charge' to 'share'

the manual states that the charger isn't needed, only if you want to CHARGE the ipad while in use

• edited February 2014

I think the crashing is probably something to do with iOS 7.0.4 and the new mini. Mine also has that every once in a while. Which unfortunately means it is unsafe to use live. Would be interesting to hear what kind of latency to expect with jamup and loopy too.

• I have had loads of crashing since updating to the latest firmware with charger and using Retina Mini with Windows 7. Thumbjam reports latency of 7ms. BM2 seems to be un-usable because of the latency and always has "off" notes even with quantise on.

• Now 7.0.6 is out.... it make something better??

• edited February 2014

I guess they would state that in the description if it addressed that. They only say it fixes some ssl problem. I haven't installed it yet.

• @Munibeast i think they don't write all bug fixed but only the bigger one...

• Mine is on 7.0.6, and it has those issues

• I bought an Iconnect Midi 2+ shortly after it came out. Its an ok device but it definitely has its issues, and since there isn't even a central forum or place for owners to talk about the device, its hard to get any real group ideas on how to get it to work better.

The biggest problem is you need to use ASIO4All which is total garbage compared to my existing sound drivers. The audio randomly desyncs from the sample rate I set and overall its not very reliable for any kind of live usage. I consider the device a nice concept, but hardly useful in most cases.

• @Genius said:

The biggest problem is you need to use ASIO4All which is total garbage compared to my existing sound drivers. The audio randomly desyncs from the sample rate I set and overall its not very reliable for any kind of live usage. I consider the device a nice concept, but hardly useful in most cases.

I assume you are talking about Windows since you mentioned ASIO4All...

Anyone have experience with this on a Mac?

• I´m using an Ipad4 with a late 2013 Macbook Pro via an IC2+.
    Sometimes i had troubles with midi and distorted audio until i changed to a shorter usb-cable with a ferrite bead.
    The Ipad still sometimes resets itself when connected to the IC2+ with or without the IC2+ power supply or when using Sugar Bytes effects set to external and trying to send audio from the mac to the ipad, processing the audio and sending it back to the mac.
    The screen goes grey, the grey disappears and the Ipad boots up again.

So as long as i don´t try to use the Ipad as an effect processor everything is fine with a short and quality usb cable.

• Not as a processor? For me that would be half its use. I'm trying to do that now without an icm, and as an outboard to another iPad. Loop managment is hell, no small mixers have enough busses. icm promised to fix that mess. grrrr.

• I've found an alternative to using asio4all by using windows 7 own mixer. In the recording devices click on the icm2+ and tick the listen option and choose the output of your choice from your soundcard.