Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DDrums DDTi work with iPad/iOS?

anyone have first hand knowledge if the DDrums DDTi (which is a usb/midi trigger interface - plug your drum triggers or pads into it, get MIDI and USB out) USB port works with iPad?

there is a article from 2014 in this forum saying no, but there have been updates since then...

thx!

(I have a yamaha brain now, but it spits out Yamaha drum midi standard, so kick and toms don't work with any apps)

Comments

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@thumbslapper said:
    (I have a yamaha brain now, but it spits out Yamaha drum midi standard, so kick and toms don't work with any apps)

it would be easy enough to convert the midi notes using something like mfxConvert. Cheap, and no scripting required.

• thx wim - i'll try that out, last time i tried it added too much latency for drumming... but i just realized it was 7 (!) years ago, and i emailed nic from audeonic about it and he added that feature - great guy!

i'll test it out, but i am still interested in the ddrum (yamaha brain is dying) - anyone?

• In case anyone searches for the answer to this - the answer is "yes, the DDrums DDTi works great with iPad".

you have to plug it into a powered USB hub if you don't want to power it separately, but it seems to be a great alternative to expensive drum brains if all you are doing is plugging into a computer or iPad.