Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Keystep Pro

2»

Comments

• Looks like it’s been delayed to April on their website.

• Anybody gotten your hands on one of these yet?

• edited September 2020

Would I lose any functionality (or potentially add latency) if I connected the Keystep with a MIDI cable to my soundcard then to the iPad, instead of connecting it with the USB cable?
    It would save some connection points compared to having USB Hubs and connection kits.
    There is a cable that goes straight from iPad to the Soundcard available
    https://d1aeri3ty3izns.cloudfront.net/media/23/232308/1200/preview.jpg

• Merry Xmas!

Just got a keystep pro from my wife for xmas! The bad news is that despite I power it from its power supply and turns on with no problem, my ipad air3 thinks the keystep pro still needs power (too much power) through the usb connection and doesn’t want to connect therefore.
    Any idea?

• @GLacey said:
    Merry Xmas!

Just got a keystep pro from my wife for xmas! The bad news is that despite I power it from its power supply and turns on with no problem, my ipad air3 thinks the keystep pro still needs power (too much power) through the usb connection and doesn’t want to connect therefore.
    Any idea?

I'd use Bluetooth MIDI to keep the iPad USB free for audio anyway...

• @rs2000 said:

Thanks! Yes, if there’s no other option, I will have to get a BT midi adapter.

What I’m also curious about is whether the powered apple camera connection kit can solve this issue? And Is it able to power both the iPad and the keystep pro through the USB?
    (I have the non powered Apple CCK currently)

• @GLacey said:

@rs2000 said:

What I’m also curious about is whether the powered apple camera connection kit can solve this issue? And Is it able to power both the iPad and the keystep pro through the USB?

Someone who owns a Keystep Pro would have to answer that, I only have the original Keystep and I know that the Pro draws much more power. My guess is that with the Pro powered externally and using the CCK3, it should work.

• @rs2000 said:

@GLacey said:

@rs2000 said:

Someone who owns a Keystep Pro would have to answer that, I only have the original Keystep and I know that the Pro draws much more power. My guess is that with the Pro powered externally and using the CCK3, it should work.

Unfortunately, my iPad Pro (2016) with such a powered connector, keeps telling the device is using too much power. Even when I use the power block for the KSP, the iPad keeps bouncing it.
    Pretty lame! huh?

I recommend the Quicco Mi.1 for BT transport. It works flawless! quicco.co.jp/products/

• Finally I rearranged my home studio setup and connected the KSP to the iPad through my Steinberg UR22, now it works fine. The only thing I need to solve is to put my 76 keys masterkeyboard back into the midi chain.

• @MarcelX said:

I recommend the Quicco Mi.1 for BT transport. It works flawless! quicco.co.jp/products/

Thanks! this looks so far the smallest BT midi adaptor I’ve seen. The Roland and Yamaha adaptors I saw are so big :(

• @GLacey said:

@MarcelX said:

Thanks! this looks so far the smallest BT midi adaptor I’ve seen. The Roland and Yamaha adaptors I saw are so big :(

True but the Yamahas have one advantage: They have a tiny PCB inside that is easy to extract and use in your own DIY projects or even mount it inside the KeyStep (Pro).

• @rs2000 said:
    True but the Yamahas have one advantage: They have a tiny PCB inside that is easy to extract and use in your own DIY projects or even mount it inside the KeyStep (Pro).

Good to know and sounds great! However I’m definitely not going to do such surgical work during the warranty period 😜😀

• Do you have a guide for this process?