Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

R.I.P. Neil Peart

2»

Comments

• Never got into Rush. As a Canadian I felt weird about that for some reason, but prog has never really been my thing. I was aware that Neil Peart was considered to be one of the greatest drummers ever, but it wasn’t until I randomly saw the video for Tom Sawyer that it really clicked in. A truly stunning talent, and one I’m glad he was able to share with all of us.

Thanks Neil. We’ll all miss you.

• One of my favorite videos:

• @sch said:
    So sad! I knew the guys in Rush many years ago as we had a local (to them) small studio where they actually came in and did pre-production rehearsals fo the Farewell to Kings album. It was always a thrill and pleasure (as a frustrated drummer myself) to watch Neil perform. He was one of the finest musicians I have ever met.

Would love to have been there for that!

Neil was one of the best technically gifted drummers in the business. To see them playing live was amazing, but watching them play up close and in a studio...wow, very lucky. It's quite rare that you get a rhythm section that sync together so well as they did.

I wasn't a fan of their later stuff, but Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves are brilliant albums, and they were superb live.

• @MonzoPro said:

Neil was one of the best technically gifted drummers in the business. To see them playing live was amazing, but watching them play up close and in a studio...wow, very lucky. It's quite rare that you get a rhythm section that sync together so well as they did.

I wasn't a fan of their later stuff, but Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves are brilliant albums, and they were superb live.

We did a lot of work with Anthem Records at the time doing demos with their bands such as Wireless and Max Webster, so when Rush needed somewhere close by, we were the perfect choice. We had built a semi-isolated drum booth with swing doors, but Neil's kit was so large, even then, that we ended up putting his drums in front of the control room window, and used the drum booth for Geddy's bass cabinets.

We had the pleasure and privilege of listening to the evolution of the tracks over about a week’s time. Simply put, it was magical.

• @sch said:

@MonzoPro said:

We did a lot of work with Anthem Records at the time doing demos with their bands such as Wireless and Max Webster, so when Rush needed somewhere close by, we were the perfect choice. We had built a semi-isolated drum booth with swing doors, but Neil's kit was so large, even then, that we ended up putting his drums in front of the control room window, and used the drum booth for Geddy's bass cabinets.

We had the pleasure and privilege of listening to the evolution of the tracks over about a week’s time. Simply put, it was magical.

Dare to elaborate a bit on how they worked on their songs?

• Yeah man great intel of the early years @sch thx! I was a huge Max Webster fan.

• @sch said:

@MonzoPro said:

I bet, that's my favourite Rush album. Would love to have seen that taking shape.

• @rs2000 said:
    Dare to elaborate a bit on how they worked on their songs?

You ask too much, my friend... I'm 71 this year, and it was a long, long, long, long time ago! Suffice it to say that for the most part, the songs were already pretty much written and it was more an intensive rehearsal prior to going into the big studio to lay down the tracks. As you know, they were/are consummate craftsmen, and just getting lost listening to their complex arrangements was pure pleasure. I was always, and still am, a huge progressive rock lover, and Rush kept that alive for me over the years.

I spent about 10 years in the business all told, much of it as a roadie and doing Front-of-House mixing for April Wine (through a few incarnations). I also worked with Lighthouse and then finally a superb local band named Nightwinds who carried on the prog tradition. Nightwinds, although they had their own material, was known as a 'Genesis cover band', and one evening, Phil Collins, Chester Thompson and Daryl Stuermer came in (from their Seconds Out tour) to the club and caught a set!

I ended up designing, helping build and engineering at the 8-track studio where the Rush sessions took place. Unfortunately, as life does, reality set in and I realized that as much as I loved the music biz, to make a living, I had to "get a real job". I found my way into in the cable TV industry as a draftsman, and 40-odd years later, retired as a CTO.