Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ShapeSynth vs C64 - Level 1

edited December 2019 in Creations

I just fell instantly in love with ShapeSynth from @humbletune - but i am a sucker for 8-Bit Chiptunes... I love it - This is the result of the first 30 minutes right after downloading and fiddling with the settings.

Love it!

@McD @Samu @gregsmith

Comments

• You nailed the style of the 8-bit era. It reminds me of my Amiga 1000 days. Wasn't there a trick of pushing audio out the parallel port too?

• Thanks @McD - i don’t know about Parallel Port. There were Sample-Modules that got attached to that port to sample stuff from external devices. Samplers :smile:

• edited December 2019

@McD said:
    You nailed the style of the 8-bit era. It reminds me of my Amiga 1000 days. Wasn't there a trick of pushing audio out the parallel port too?

Yep, using a super-simple resistor ladder as a low-cost 8bit DAC!
    Today we pay a lot of money to simulate that crunchy bs 😅

• @MrBlaschke What's the name of the game?

• edited December 2019

@rs2000 What game - Dunno :smile: That was just tinkering on the MPKmini. I have a lot of SID‘s and MOD‘s lying around and getting more deep in that rabbithole every second :smile: I just love some good „crunchy bs“ from time to time. I remember listening to Commando, Rambo II, OCEAN titles in general, Braybrook (Love the Uridium theme) and stuff.

There is that „SidTracker 64“ for iPad - wonder if anyone has something to say about it...

• edited December 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    @rs2000 What game - Dunno :smile:

I wouldn't be surprised if you coded an app going with your composition inside Pythonista overnight. Actually that's a fun idea, don't you think? Pythonista can also play music in the background so you can just screen-record and post it 😎

That was just tinkering on the MPKmini. I have a lot of SID‘s and MOD‘s lying around and getting more deep in that rabbithole every second :smile: I just love some good „crunchy bs“ from time to time. I remember listening to Commando, Rambo II, OCEAN titles in general, Braybrook (Love the Uridium theme) and stuff.

Erm, sorry, with "crunchy bs" I was talking about the bad sound quality from the DIY DAC, not your music! That's quite sweet actually!

There is that „SidTracker 64“ for iPad - wonder if anyone has something to say about it...

I only "know" SunVox...

@Samu?

• @rs2000 said:
    'plug-

I only "know" SunVox...

@Samu?

If there's a need for 'authentic' C64 sounds SidTracker 64 is da bomb.

In order to properly 'sample it', start it first, then connect it to for example AUM or BM3 and sample away.
    This way it's possible to sequencer it using other apps and record the output, another option is to use AudioBus for the routing.
    The export is AAC only using the share-sheet.

It's worth to note that Sidtracker64 and the upcoming Bit Boy Studio are designed to be used as stand-alone and export to their respective hardware equivalents and not as plug-ins.

And not to do too much thread-hijacking but that darn upcoming Drambo is very good at creating chip-tuney sounds too if needed.

And well, for 'C64 Speech' samples there's a SAM module in miRack that is just awesome!

• The Oracle speaks:

@Samu says...

And Drambo bleeds over into yet another thread while the forum waits.

• edited December 2019

@rs2000 said:
    Erm, sorry, with "crunchy bs" I was talking about the bad sound quality from the DIY DAC, not your music! That's quite sweet actually!

All good! I was referring to the SID and Paula (The Amiga Soundchip) and the „self-build-sampler-modules“ we old people surely build those days.

If i think how easy it was to simply solder some electronics to the 68000er directly to its socket...unthinkable today. And that damn thing just costed around 20-40 Mark at Conrad if you happen to freeze it up... I slowed down my 68000 with a Poti and a resistor. Stepless from full speed to still-standing. „Processor-Break“ i labeled it with a Dymo to the hole in the case :smile:

@rs2000 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if you coded an app going with your composition inside Pythonista overnight. Actually that's a fun idea, don't you think? Pythonista can also play music in the background so you can just screen-record and post it 😎

I was actually tinkering in Pythonista earlier...I am an open book to you :open_mouth:
    Doing some research on audio-coding and midi generating. Had some ideas and some starting-points.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    I was actually tinkering in Pythonista earlier...I am an open book to you :open_mouth:
    Doing some research on audio-coding and midi generating. Had some ideas and some starting-points.

Cool! Hope you're using pymidi, pygame and I forgot which audio libraries are available for vanilla Python... so you can focus on the retro pixel graphics 😉