Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HEY Metronome! by AudioKit. Voice-controlled. Fun, Friendly & Open-source.

Comments

• Good stuff works with AUM for stop /start Ableton Link.

• edited December 2019

But since I think to know the devs and they have created something that actually works inside the phone without any carrier or whatever... hmm 🤔 I think privacy is not an issue in this case (I may be wrong) ;

Hey Metronome is completely private. You can prove it to yourself by going in airplane mode and seeing that it works just the same!

• Hi @aure, this thing is really nice. Thanks for it!

As long as you're open to "above and beyond" thoughts ... being able to import one's own sounds would be a nice addition. B)

I realize that's not as simple as it seems since there are sound sets, and there would need to be a way to create and edit sound sets then too. So maybe not a good idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

• @wim said:
    Hi @aure, this thing is really nice. Thanks for it!

As long as you're open to "above and beyond" thoughts ... being able to import one's own sounds would be a nice addition. B)

I realize that's not as simple as it seems since there are sound sets, and there would need to be a way to create and edit sound sets then too. So maybe not a good idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

+1

and Merry Christmas to you all.

• Is there a way to have it calculate tempo (a la tap tempo) from the user counting or beatboxing quarter notes?

• @espiegel123 No, I don’t think that’s possible

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to have it calculate tempo (a la tap tempo) from the user counting or beatboxing quarter notes?

Not yet but I wouldn't be surprised if such a thing came in an update ;)

• @thesoundtestroom Thanks very much for that demo!

• Finishing up some updates for a release next week or so, make sure to get any special requests in and I should be able to squeeze some of them.

• It should speed up or slow down if you ask it to speed up or slow down…

Hey metronome… Slow down

Same with go faster go slower

• @aure said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a way to have it calculate tempo (a la tap tempo) from the user counting or beatboxing quarter notes?

Not yet but I wouldn't be surprised if such a thing came in an update ;)

Yay!

• @audiobussy said:
    It should speed up or slow down if you ask it to speed up or slow down…

Hey metronome… Slow down

Okay, that should work if you give it a value. "Slow down by 5 bpm" "Speed up by 10 bpm". I can add a default value of 5 if that helps.

• @aure That’s a great idea. No one I’ve ever met asks a drummer to slow down by bpm. It’s simply speed up or slow down, etc. Thanks again

• @aure said:

@audiobussy said:

Hey metronome… Slow down

Okay, that should work if you give it a value. "Slow down by 5 bpm" "Speed up by 10 bpm". I can add a default value of 5 if that helps.

Have some fun with it:

“Slow Down “= 12% slower than current tempo
    “Slow Down a little” = 5% slower than current tempo
    “Slow it way down” = 40%.

Etc

• @realdawei said:

@aure said:

@audiobussy said:

Hey metronome… Slow down

Have some fun with it:

Etc

I like that! In fact, make it 5 bpm slower than it says on the screen for every band leader who thinks playing it faster makes it more energetic...

• Coud we ask Hey Metronome to Increase/Decrease Shuffle ?

• @Johnba said:
    Coud we ask Hey Metronome to Increase/Decrease Shuffle ?

Another good idea

• @audiobussy said:

@Johnba said:
    Coud we ask Hey Metronome to Increase/Decrease Shuffle ?

Another good idea

This is definitely on the road map, in fact its done, just some UI tweaks to do!

• Okay, that should work if you give it a value. "Slow down by 5 bpm" "Speed up by 10 bpm". I can add a default value of 5 if that helps.

Have some fun with it:

Etc

The rub lies in "Etc", there's a lot of words that mean less or more in the English language.

• edited December 2019

I am experiencing significantly reduced audio bitrate and animation frame rate quality when running this app. Everything sounds fine and the waveform animation looks really smooth when I freshly install the app, but when i quit and run the app again the audio quality sounds like it suddenly has been reduced to a much lower bitrate, comparable to 8 bit audio almost. Also the frame rate of the waveform animation is suddenly very choppy, almost looking like a few frames per second.

When i delete and reinstall the app it works fine again for the first and maybe second time but the problems reoccur again for any additional runs. Really disappointing and unpleasant performance on my iPad Pro 9,7 with iOS 12. Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a bug that only happens on pre-iOS13 systems?

• edited December 2019

@aure

@Dutchee said:
    I am experiencing significantly reduced audio bitrate and animation frame rate quality when running this app. Everything sounds fine and the waveform animation looks really smooth when I freshly install the app, but when i quit and run the app again the audio quality sounds like it suddenly has been reduced to a much lower bitrate, comparable to 8 bit audio almost. Also the frame rate of the waveform animation is suddenly very choppy, almost looking like a few frames per second.

When i delete and reinstall the app it works fine again for the first and maybe second time but the problems reoccur again for any additional runs. Really disappointing and unpleasant performance on my iPad Pro 9,7 with iOS 12. Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a bug that only happens on pre-iOS13 systems?

I just tested this also on my iPhone running 12.4.4, and again these issues also happen on that device in the same way as on my iPad. It could indicate that this is indeed an issue with iOS 12. Can anyone else please confirm?

• @aure : A general volume control would be nice

• @Telstar5 Its there in settings

• I just tested this also on my iPhone running 12.4.4, and again these issues also happen on that device in the same way as on my iPad. It could indicate that this is indeed an issue with iOS 12. Can anyone else please confirm?

well, sheeyit. Wtf. I don't know what could be causing this but I am super keen to fix it. I've actually ordered a couple of beater devices to do testing on AK apps, so hopeful that will help.

• Version 1.1 has been uploaded to the App Store, just waiting for @analog_matt to pull the trigger. This version has some bug fixes and suggested phrase default values added. There's a fix for the backgrounding that MAY address @Dutchee 's issue with sound in iOS12.

• Version 1.1 is out!

• @aure said:
    Version 1.1 is out!

Great, very nice touch to see the personal request features by members mentioned in the update 👍

• Great app, thanks for the update!!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Great app, thanks for the update!!

No problem, I've got a lot of features "on deck" just working on keeping the UI simple while adding functionality. I'm thinking of hiding it all in settings that you can activate, so the app will stay simple until you turn the cool stuff on.