Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Icarus 2 out now (wow... )

edited December 2019 in Other

Tone2 Icarus 2... your convenient one-stop shopping for almost all electronic genres. Makes me want to fire up the desktop computer. (It’s around here somewhere... )

https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

Comments

• Looks and sounds nice, Tone2 makes some really great synths, I have Electrax 2 and it’s one of my go to synths in MPC desktop. This might be my next Tone2 synth....all this from 1 instance??????

• edited December 2019

It's a great synth. Pity I don't use my computer to make music these days but I should sample it and Dune 2.

• @Strizbiz said:
    ....all this from 1 instance??????

Yea, that was my reaction too, lol. This thing makes enough noise for three synths, a drum machine, and a DJ. The added drum sequencer seems very useful to make this almost a “one-man band”.

Some “one finger press” presets seem to exist more to show the capabilities and possibilities, rather than for necessarily using as is. (Love that “Phantom of the Opera”). But even the copied, bizarre, or silly ones make the point that this is a contender for the heavyweight wavetable synth title, despite excellent competitors. Looks rather intuitive, and even fun, too...

• the engines are fantastic
    the interface is a failure.
    I cant "edit" on small screen... (laptop)

• @waka_x said:
    the engines are fantastic
    the interface is a failure.
    I cant "edit" on small screen... (laptop)

If you mean editing the different sequencers and MSEGs... yea, on a smaller laptop screen that would start to get a little fiddley, I imagine. In general, i like how the greater majority of parameters are displayed on the main screen. I haven’t demoed it, though. Have you tried it yet to see how it works for you?

• I downloaded the demo. The GUI has different sizes. The huge size almost fills up my 27 inch monitor. It's supposed to be good on CPU, but there's a lot going on both visually and sonically. "Good" is probably relative. I like how you can easily see everything that's happening. A lot of synths are confusing to figure out how things are done, and I'm not very good at digging around in tabs and deciphering routing matrixes. I'm able to follow things a lot better with this one. I'll probably get it.