Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Corporate Music - How to Compose with no Soul

I found this video to be very thought-provoking and pretty much spot on.

Comments

• Pretty much all of my generative apps are very good at composing with no soul, and with no musical development. I do it all the time.

• The video functions (perhaps) more as a tutorial on how to make “corporate music”, which is of course profitable. But hopefully that lame whistling and ukulele background music has peaked and will now go to Hawaii and retire, leaving us in peace. Not bloody likely! 😄

• Sweet! I definitely see a career after retirement! Just gotta remember E Maj, B Maj, G# min, F# Maj!

• edited December 2019

What I don’t get is that, for me, there is no delineation between the music before and after the nuclear detonation. Is it supposed to be better? Or just more of the same? Oh, I get it now... more of the same. Celebrate! Dance to the Muzac!

• You should check out his other videos.

Also, for anyone interested in UX, his videos on the UX of music applications are very good. His Musescore video not only led to the Musescore implemented all his suggestions, but they then hired him to lead UX.

• This is what you get when corporations lose their way. Music that doesn't offend and videos that don't offend. All this fear to offend leads to a world where everything is shallow.

• Tantacrul is amazing, I love his take on this/most things

• What a total uninspiring video. Title was promising but delivered nothing.

• I always figured they were using stock music, like they tend to use stock images and footage.

This music is annoying, sure.
    But I hope ads continue using this stuff, and quit corrupting my personal connection to many actual songs from my past. I hate it more when some brand or product licenses popular music from the past and hijacks the connection I had to the song and forces the song to be associated with a lame ad, brand, or product.

• @CracklePot said:
    I always figured they were using stock music, like they tend to use stock images and footage.

This music is annoying, sure.
    But I hope ads continue using this stuff, and quit corrupting my personal connection to many actual songs from my past. I hate it more when some brand or product licenses popular music from the past and hijacks the connection I had to the song and forces the song to be associated with a lame ad, brand, or product.

+1

Stop rewiring our soft, malleable brains!