Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another reason why Gadget stands out ...

... is GadgetCloud (aka SoundCloud upload and browse integration inside Gadget, plus some kind of chart of Gadget-made songs). This seemed just a nice add-on (Korg's other apps had it as well, but I never really used it), but putting up my first Gadget song yesterday quickly changed my mind.

Whereas my other songs get on average 25 listens after several months, with maybe 3 reaching up to 70 or 90, "Limiting Shunt" (what's in a Gadget name :-)) got 96 listens, in 1 day! Coincidentally, I also uploaded another (this time guitar-driven) song, made with Thumbjam and BM2, and this one got ... 6 listens in 14 hours :-( Both songs were shared to the major ipad-related SoundCloud groups, the only difference in exposure being the use of Gadget(Cloud).

Bottom line: not only Gadget's sonic capabilities are a boon for ipad musicians, GadgetCloud gives our work a lot more visibility/audibility! Any other apps doing something like this?

FWIW, below my ill-fated TJ/BM2 song ;-)

Comments